Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Osinbajo & 2023: Not My Call - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo & 2023: Not My Call (249 Views)

Fact-Check: APC, PDP Votes At Buhari’s PU In 2019, 2023 Not Same / “He’s Not My Son” – Tinubu Reacts To Osinbajo’s 2023 Declaration / Osinbajo 2023: Yorubas Of The South-West React (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Osinbajo & 2023: Not My Call by Shooyie: 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
PRESS STATEMENT FROM SENATOR BABAFEMI OJUDU
SPECIAL ADVISER ON POLITICAL MATTERS TO THE PRESIDENT

My attention has been called to a quotation attributed to me that is trending. It was to the effect that Prof Yemi Osinbajo , the Vice President will run for the office of President in 2023.

First let me reiterate again that Prof. Osinbajo is for now fully focused on working in his capacity as Vice President in the current administration, to address all the compelling issues in the country and concerns of Nigerians, including finding effective and lasting solutions to the security challenges and working to further boost the economy. He has not made any declaration in respect of the 2023 elections.

What happened was that I was in Port-Harcourt where I had a private meeting with some friends and interest groups. While at the meeting discussing politics, economy and a number of other subjects of public interest and well-being of our country someone asked me if Vice President Yemi Osinbajo will run for President come 2023. 

My answer to that  enquiry was that he is eminently qualified to contest and will he will be the one to decide whether to do so or not at an appropriate time.

I concede that Nigerians are highly interested in knowing if Osinbajo will run. Everywhere I go that is the question people ask me and I have always tried to be careful in my response whether to an individual or groups.

While I appreciate and welcome the people’s love and admiration for Vice President Osinbajo, my counsel is we should all allow him to make the decision whether or not he is interested, by himself at the right time. It is certainly not a matter that will be pronounced on at a private meeting such as the one I participated in earlier this week in Port Harcourt.
Re: Osinbajo & 2023: Not My Call by Shooyie: 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
Prof Osinbajo hasn't expressed a desire to run come 2023. He is focused on the job at hand.
Re: Osinbajo & 2023: Not My Call by Mynd44: 4:32am On Dec 23, 2021

(1)

Osun 2022: Rift Between Oyetola, Aregbesola Brightening Chances Of PDP- Source / SO SAD �� They'll Be Missed: See 6 Notable Nigerians Who Passed Away In 2021 / 2023: APC Chieftain, Obahiagbon Praises Buni-led CECPC Tasks Buhari On Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.