Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics (23857 Views)

Average Cost Of Healthy Diet For Nigerians Is N938 – National Bureau Of Statisti / See Foods Stuffs I Bought Today,@4500 ( Onitsha) / See The Food Stuffs I Bought For N80,000 In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by slivertongue: 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

I swear this is a clear lie!!! This is how these bastards deceive the president and he thinks things aren't so bad... And keeps increasing power and other bills.

Politicians are evil!!! 5hese prices are fake and false things are 10.times more expensive ...

Where will you see these prices ?!!?

Pure lies. Local rice is from 450 from miller's to 600+ depending on the quality

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Divoc19(f): 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
Life is cheapest in the North if only insecurity can be well managed. All of us for dey north now
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Hassanmaye(m): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
FatimaAbubakar:
Prices of food stuffs in this Godforsaken contraption called a country are far higher than what I am seeing here. When brainless fools support a dull idiot as president, this is what you get

Cc:
Karya kike yar Fulani
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Don27tiky(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
slivertongue:

Stop nothing like that abeg.

A measure of beans is 500-530 at d local market. Meat 200 is how many pieces? All the lies from govt agency ain't helping our development
i am telling you the truth. Here in the north food stuffs are not too expensive. #200 hundred naira can cook you soup for the day
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Badonasty(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
Shey I no go relocate to Bauchi state bayi
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by marvel2real: 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2021
this people are lying,am here in Jos and the price of things are over the roof.local rice here is 650 a mudu,beans 700 a mudu,I bottle of oil is 1k.
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Saintinoo(m): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
CotenantNIG:

foodstuff in the north en
Kai

Lalasticlala
These figures are false, don't mind all these government agencies, a small mudu of rice in the North is 500 and it's not even up to 1kg.
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Saintinoo(m): 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
marvel2real:
this people are lying,am here in Jos and the price of things are over the roof.local rice here is 650 a mudu,beans 700 a mudu,I bottle of oil is 1k.
Don't mind them, with there false statistics.
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Saintinoo(m): 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2021
Unlettered:
See my bauchi state.

When we tell you the reason why una brothers no dey like go back to una Godforsaken land you thought it was a joke.

online they re haters of the north but in reality, na them they get indigene letter for northern state pass.

And for the people claiming its the government that is making people inflate food prices, the answer is up there. Na una kind wicked pass.

Yes there is insecurity - BUT ITS EVERYWHERE.

God bless my city!
Oga what is your Bauchi state aside poverty, a state where a youth cannot boost if 5k in his account, no job, business not moving, a state where the youths are political thugs and survive on white rice with pepper and groundnut oil?

For the record, how much is a small mudu of rice in Bauchi? 550 naira, so how is that cheap, mudu of beans us 700, how is that cheap.
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Saintinoo(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
chigator2:
Don't quickly forget that the price of commodities has alot to do with demand which is the willingness and ABILITY to buy.

Cheaper labor and arable land is factored into the low prices in the North nevertheless demand isn't forsaken.
Over there most can't even afford substantial quantity of what grows in their backyard, thus market forces push the prices lower.
And supply is directed at wealthier Southerners.

In the scenario, that Northern Nigeria were to be an oil producing region tilted towards services industry, the price disparity won't have been these wide.

Exploitative Hoarding and Inflation Profiteering is another factor Southerners should look into.
Food producers and Traders up north create artificial scarcities inorder to hike prices and get as much as possible from their cash-cow South.
Inflation is also unduely exaggerated since it's easy to blame your greed on " bad economy"

Solution:
1. Intensify Agricultural Production in the South

2. Form a Buyside Cartel that contributes in price fixing for food commodities.

Else we will continue to be robbed by these same people that benefit from our resources without surcharge.

Oga take this from me, these statistics are false, a small mudu of beans and rice in the North is 700 and 500 respectively, and it is not even up OK 1kg, I don't know why the government agencies are lying, maybe to paint the economy Better or what I don't know.
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Peace1993: 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2021
CotenantNIG:
In terms of State distribution, Ebonyi, Anambra and Enugu were the three top States with the highest prices of beans (white black eye, sold loose) at N887.77, N875.73, and N783.56 respectively. The least prices were recorded in Bauchi State, Adamawa State and Borno State with N235.22, N251.59 and N254.87 respectively.

Moreover, Ogun State, Bayelsa State, Ondo State and Lagos State recorded the highest

prices of agric egg (medium size price of one) at N70.06 for Ogun State and N70.00 each for Bayelsa State, Ondo State and Lagos State. Taraba State, Yobe State and Plateau State had the least prices of egg in November 2021 at N41.51, N41.64 and N41.91 respectively.

Looking at a bottle of vegetable oil, Ekiti State, Abuja and Ebonyi State recorded the most prices at N1,250.00, N1,213.33 and N1,153.33 respectively. Others such as Niger State, Gombe State and Plateau State had the least prices with N495.89, N523.81 and N524.44 respectively. In terms of prices of palm oil, Enugu State, Anambra State and Abuja were top with high prices at N1,063.89, N1,043.14 and N1,026.67 respectively, while Kwara State, Benue State and Bauchi State recorded the least with N446.67, N468.89 and N472.22 respectively.

Interestingly, tubers were most expensive in Lagos State, Rivers State and Akwa Ibom State at N600.27, N556.68 and N529.90 respectively, while Taraba State, Gombe State and Bauchi State had the cheapest with N125.33, N126.89 and N127.35 respectively.

Prices are collected across all the 774 local governments across all States and the FCT from over 10,000 respondents and locations and reflect actual prices households state they actually bought those items.

Lets look at the prices region by region. Data was gotten from the Nigerian Bureau of Statistic

https://foodstuff.store/prices-of-food-stuffs-from-the-nigerian-bureau-of-statistics/

I stopped reading after seeing the price of egg in Yobe State. I bought half of a crate 950 naira as of yesterday
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by patEnsure: 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
Dis 9ja no Balance.

Which kin.Economy do we run of dis country sef im not understanding anymore .
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Sleekfingers: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Shey dem dey plant cassava for North West and North East

Cause I no understand why garri is more expensive in the South than North sad

Na greediness they cause am.....most nigerians are darn too wicked and bleeding inconsiderate.......
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Sleekfingers: 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2021
36STATES:
Fake statistics.
Did you see that everything was 1KG? Where is yam sold for 1KG in Nigeria. Market women in Nigerian don't use KG measurements to sell their stuffs.

So palm oil is produced in the SS/SE, and taken to the north to be sold cheaper? Almost 25% cheaper, why?
Garri is produced in the SS/SE/SW and then sent to the north to be sold cheaper?
Anyone with an ounce of sense or that has run a business will tell you it's impossible.

NBS is nothing but Lagos Ibadan highway media, just plain rubbish.

I believe you know that , the demand for garri in the north is quite low. An average northerner don't eat garri...... expect for those SE/SS/SW people residing in the north.........
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by freegaza(m): 5:27pm On Dec 23, 2021
A
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by justuschi50: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
peacebirdone:
I love you. You summarized it.
I school in the south east, but leave in the south south and honestly I tell the checkpoint is too much from warri to Enugu I know the of checkpoint their up to 25 each checkpoint collect 500 to 1000 for truck, 100 to 500 bus. This things are what is making business and cost of foodstuff high

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by tiger28: 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2021
You know why SE is the most expensive here GREED by their Traders and Suppliers!!!
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by daveP(m): 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
How was this compiled? Cos its have at least -250 on the average from the street prices. Especially that beans and bread own.
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by august2all(m): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Shey dem dey plant cassava for North West and North East

Cause I no understand why garri is more expensive in the South than North sad
our people no de try for that south and east for north they no even sabi prepare the thing but e cheap well well. some high cost na greed cause am
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2021
august2all:

our people no de try for that south and east for north they no even sabi prepare the thing but e cheap well well. some high cost na greed cause am
I agree with the bolded
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Ttjj: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by slivertongue: 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
Don27tiky:
i am telling you the truth. Here in the north food stuffs are not too expensive. #200 hundred naira can cook you soup for the day

A measure of beans at tilde market is 500. a four litter paint bucket of tomatoes is 700. #200 indeed
You guys should stop the North thing.
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by dynigoche: 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
the prices in the north are not entirely true, its higher than that. i stay in the north.... its mere propaganda
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by tafat: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2021
Na wa o, everything don add money, the best foods to eat now are those that will pay you back big time in the long run, that's why I've added Nescafe coffee to my list of everyday beverages atleast with that I'm assured of upto 200,000 naira in cash prices plus many other instant goodies when I partake in their start with a win promo.

Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by Jointheir7(f): 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
LIES!!!!!!! A kilo meat in Kaduna presently, is N2500. 00.
Re: Prices Of Food Stuffs From The Nigerian Bureau Of Statistics by daneni1(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2021
36STATES:

So the traders take their goods where they will sell less?
As a businessman, you take your goods where the price is higher.

Complete nonsense.

Try to understand what I am saying. I am not saying they should take their wares to where it is cheaper. I am only pointing to the reason why it is cheaper in the North.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kerrygold Avantage Is Showcasing Exciting Ways Irish Dairy Can Be Enjoyed / Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.