Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX (887 Views)

Moesha Boduong Repents, Saved From Suicide, Confesses Her Sins (Video) / Popular Hollywood Actor, Pierce Brosnan Sells Painting For $1.4 Million! / Samklef: "I Was Saved From Food Poisoning By God Yesterday" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by TMKsouth: 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
Pigcasso was saved from the slaughterhouse in 2016 by Farm Sanctuary SA founder Joanne Lefson; today, she earns her keep by selling incredible artworks.

Pigcasso is a 200-kilogram pig from the Western Cape province of South Africa. She has made her mark on the local and international art scene by painting abstract artwork using a brush and her snout. She was named after the renowned Spanish artist Pablo Picasso.

Joanne Lefson saved her from the slaughterhouse and brought her home to the Farm Sanctuary SA. The sanctuary is a haven for rescued livestock and is now home to the famous pig’s painting studio. It is located in the town of Franschhoek. Her colourful abstract paintings have been sold for thousands of dollars, all in the name of the sanctuary.

Her latest artwork, “Wild and Free”, has made history!

The magnificent Masterpiece that has inspired a global record and has been sold to a German investor for £20,000 British pounds (11 million naira).

Farm Sanctuary SA takes in farm animals of all kinds. Their Facebook page shares pictures of baby goats, woolly sheep, cheeky roosters and, as you can see, artistic pigs. The funds raised through Pigcasso’s artworks are used to provide care and more to every animal at the sanctuary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by TMKsouth: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
PIGCASSO on TV as her career began 5 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxYG3TZRCA8

Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by TarOrfeeek: 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2021
grin

There is still hope for Buhari supporters.
Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by Magnoliaa(f): 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
It is jagajaga drawing by a pig, me, I will pay 20,000 pounds for all in the name of 'abstract art'

1 Like

Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by illicit(m): 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2021
undecided
Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by TMKsouth: 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

It is jagajaga drawing by a pig , me, I will pay 20,000 pounds for all in the name of 'abstract art'

LOL, I think she's much improved from these basic paintings - don't u think? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by Magnoliaa(f): 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
TMKsouth:
LOL, I think she's much improved from these basic paintings - don't u think? cheesy

Hian. This is even worse. lipsrsealed So the one above is just the same rubbish lines x2 of these basic ones?

These oyinbo people and their weird likes sha. And they'll be willing to pay millions for it.

Ishi, come and see something oh.
Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by TMKsouth: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Hian. This is even worse. lipsrsealed So the one above is just the same rubbish lines x2 of these basic ones?

These oyinbo people and their weird likes sha. And they'll be willing to pay millions for it.

Ishi, come and see something oh.

LOL, I meant the one that sold for N11 million is better than these small ones grin
Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by Magnoliaa(f): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2021
TMKsouth:
LOL, I meant the one that sold for N11 million is better than these small ones grin

Yeah. I know. I'm still saying it's the rubbish drawing. But Advanced Level Drawing. The larger the template/canvas and bigger 'her' (the pig) drawing, the higher their values abi?

Odiegwu.

1 Like

Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by TjoBATHONG(m): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
cool
Re: PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX by sammyije(m): 12:49am On Dec 26, 2021
Light my kpoli

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Afolabi: I Wrote My Will After Being Diagnosed With An Incurable Disease / Portable F*cked Kenyan Slay Queens As They Twerk Naked For Him In Kenya / Reasons Why I Accepted Mr Eazi’s Marriage Proposal — Temi Otedola Opened Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.