Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? (4050 Views)

24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? / NIMET Predicts 3 Days Of Cloudy Skies, Sunshine In Nigerian Cities / Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by koondog: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? Why can't other Nigerian Cities look as planned as this?

11 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by theenchanter: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
Chaiii. Ebute metta sef get grid pass this.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Naijanascam: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2021
grin grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by horsepower102: 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2021
koondog:
How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? Why can't other Nigerian Cities look as planned as this?

Aba core is very planned. The periphery of the city needs continued central planning.

5 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2021
Cool
Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Nobody: 1:43am On Dec 24, 2021
All you need to do is to snap where the oppressors are living and tag it Aba is beautiful. Nigeria go better cry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 24, 2021
Come ikeja to see yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Asiri1991: 5:15am On Dec 24, 2021
Aba is beautiful. Government should up their game in cleanliness. No city in the southwest has a better city plan than Aba. You can take it to the bank. I live in Benin and source my goods in Aba and Onitsha - two great cities, unlike the slums they have in southwest. Forget the fifth columnist media blackmail. We live in Nigeria and know Nigeria.

26 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by SkengRay: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2021
It's always the Ones wey dey village
Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by ruggedtimi(m): 6:47am On Dec 24, 2021
Why u dey show aerial view.
Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Nigercity: 7:34am On Dec 24, 2021
Aba was well planned by British
Unlike most cities in Nigeria
Also governor Dee sam mbakwe tried in maintaining and renewal of the plan
That's why some part of Aba looks so foreign
That you might think you are in Europe,
But nevertheless bad government has seriously destroyed Ariaria, ohanku and obioha parts of the city

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by malcom1X: 7:42am On Dec 24, 2021
There's this guy back then who offered to give 5000 naira to anyone who can post pictures of any place in the southwest apart from Lagos that is more beautiful than ABA.

I can't see that thread again.
Op Aba has a bad reputation already on the media.

One thread won't change it.

5 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by mrvitalis(m): 7:44am On Dec 24, 2021
ABA , enugu and owerri are the best planned cities I have been too ...

ABA shocked me when I visited really once u pass araira ( where most visitors stop ,) get into the main city aba is surprisingly well planned

All it's needs is umiah kind of governors for 8 years and aba would be in the top 5 cities in Nigeria

Owerri would be top 3 cities if it gets umiah or peter obi ...with it's very wide roads, trees ...owerri has the potential to be the best city in Nigeria ...owerri is just a better planned port Harcourt ...it doesn't give Igbo city ( enugu ,awka , onitsha ) vibes at all ...it's gives more south south city vibes

Enugu is great but can be better

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by SmartPolician: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:
All you need to do is to snap where the oppressors are living and tag it Aba is beautiful. Nigeria go better cry

Aba is well-planned place so the problem is not the aerial photo of the town, but the bad roads and refuse dumps that litter all over the place. BTW, Aba people don't believe there's a class disparity in the town.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by mrvitalis(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2021
malcom1X:
There's this guy back then who offered to give 5000 naira to anyone who can post pictures of any place in the southwest apart from Lagos that is more beautiful than ABA.

I can't see that thread again.
Op Aba has a bad reputation already on the media.

One thread won't change it.
Sure it has a bad reputation because we Igbos Know it can be better ...we keep pushing our leaders to achieve more

We don't compare ourselves to other Nigerians ...igbos mostly want to be like eastern Europeans minimum

Relative to Nigeria we are doing too well

I was the one who challenged them till date no one took it up

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by abumeinben(m): 9:40am On Dec 24, 2021
koondog:

Have you been to Benin City before?

3 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Help2020: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2021
koondog:
Are you sure this is Aba?
Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:04am On Dec 24, 2021
Asiri1991:
Aba is beautiful. Government should up their game in cleanliness. No city in the southwest has a better city plan than Aba. You can take it to the bank. I live in Benin and source my goods in Aba and Onitsha - two great cities, unlike the slums they have in southwest. Forget the fifth columnist media blackmail. We live in Nigeria and know Nigeria.
This topic is for Aba,why bring s/west into it.you are looking for trouble

1 Like

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Biafrarep(m): 10:08am On Dec 24, 2021
koondog:

The best gridlock in Aba is actually located in town area, around East and the adjoining areas.

Now see the beautiful ariel view of Aba, and I can bet you, non of the towns slum settlements in the rusted roof region has such!!

7 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Biafrarep(m): 10:15am On Dec 24, 2021
The skull miners actually claim that the reason why their cities have rusted roofs and dilapidated buildings is because they have excess land to build more houses, so why demolish grin grin Chai, these people eh, if it's because you have excess land, why is it that areas in Lagos where afonjas live also have the same rusted roof and dilapidated buildings? Does Lagos have excess lands too cheesy cheesy Immediately behind the former CBD in Lagos, that is Broad Street and Marina you will find a mass of disgusting dilapidated buildings, and 99% of the residents here are afonja!!

Also, how come that Northern Nigeria with all its lands does not have such rusted roofs and dilapidated buildings? Even an aerial view of Maiduguiri I saw yesterday was decent with modern houses despite all the lands available there and even the insurgency.

They keep hiding behind Lagos while their rots undecided

7 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by babasolution: 10:50am On Dec 24, 2021
The southwest needs to do serious soul searching,the region is not living up to expectations, the southwest to me,apart from LAGOS is the least developed region in Nigeria. The Yorubas do have money,many are very rich,but their priorities need to be adjusted.

6 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Beejayy20(m): 10:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Asiri1991:
oya compare it to Ibadan

1 Like

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Gadafii: 10:57am On Dec 24, 2021
This is a city in South west, well decorated in an aesthetic brown hue.

Name the city and win a Christmas token cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Beejayy20(m): 11:02am On Dec 24, 2021
Asiri1991:
bring any city in yeat that can beat this Ibadan

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Wanbissaka: 11:06am On Dec 24, 2021
Gadafii:

Abk grin

1 Like

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by ProudImolite: 11:07am On Dec 24, 2021
theenchanter:
Chaiii. Ebute metta sef get grid pass this.
Shut up na lie

3 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by ProudImolite: 11:08am On Dec 24, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr108:
When it comes to best street grid no state in Nigeria compares to Oyo.

Even Ronaldo and Messi are in shock over what I just typed here.

grin grin grin grin I Love Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Beejayy20(m): 11:19am On Dec 24, 2021
Gadafii:

yes Enugu is the most well planned in w Africa

2 Shares

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Beejayy20(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2021
Asiri1991:
the one and only aba we all know
the worst and dirtiest city in Africa

1 Like

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by kenny714433(m): 11:36am On Dec 24, 2021
As a city I frequently visit, Aba is very well planned.
The only reason I hate Aba is that the houses are too clustered, giving the city no room for landscaping and greenery.
As a result, everywhere looks dirty and jaga jaga.

Moreover, the roads connection are perfect but the road condition is worrisome. Houses are also built to taste.

Just good landscaping and Aba would have been an enviable place to be.

1 Like

Re: How Come Aba Has The Best Street Grid Compared To Other Nigerian Cities? by Beejayy20(m): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2021
mrvitalis:
ABA , enugu and owerri are the best planned cities I have been too ...

ABA shocked me when I visited really once u pass araira ( where most visitors stop ,) get into the main city aba is surprisingly well planned

All it's needs is umiah kind of governors for 8 years and aba would be in the top 5 cities in Nigeria

Owerri would be top 3 cities if it gets umiah or peter obi ...with it's very wide roads, trees ...owerri has the potential to be the best city in Nigeria ...owerri is just a better planned port Harcourt ...it doesn't give Igbo city ( enugu ,awka , onitsha ) vibes at all ...it's gives more south south city vibes

Enugu is great but can be better
yes oooo our Enugu is great but but but but......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid-El-Fitr: Ugwuanyi Salutes Muslims, Harps On Peace, Love, Unity, Progress / Will Atiku Get the Boot Soon? / Anambra: Prepare Handover Note, Soludo Tells Obi. Jonathan, 7 Govs For Campaign.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.