Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,579 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

My Trip To Chicago - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Chicago (25906 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Chicago by RPG2020(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2021
Nor go do pass yourself go enter O'block or 65 avenue na you come know that time shocked cool

P.S no wear Red ♥️ for Chicago hood cool
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Thecreatorx: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2021
Rest In Peace Camera
Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2021
The Millennium park is of a great considerable size. It has an open theater, skating platform, artificial rock climbing, water fountain, garden and outdoor playground for kids. I have never skated before but I watched with pleasure to see many people do this. The fun part is seeing newbies trying this and falling. It is funny indeed as people watching get hilarious. I hope to try this some other time. I believe it will be exhilarating.

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Jostoman: 9:05am On Dec 24, 2021
Chaii this one don japa comot for this bondage wey APC government put us for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Golan007: 9:06am On Dec 24, 2021
SmellySperm:
God when? cry

I'm sure you are there already.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Teslason(m): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2021
Apt
Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2021
The Millennium park has two skating platform. This is is the second one I came across.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2021
Golan007:

I'm sure you are there already.

I'm where? Bros if u know where I dey now u go ask for my account number cry

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by JBoss25(m): 9:15am On Dec 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
not impressed. its a rugged corrupt city. bad roads corrupt cops. segregated neighborhoods, too cold, winters are too cold and summers too hot. shovel your car out of snow for hours everyday. drive for 2 hours to look for parking spot. yeye city. i prefer ijebu igbo
don't forget boys wey dey cult
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Golan007: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2021
SmellySperm:

I'm where? Bros if u know where I dey now u go ask for my account number cry
Taa.

I know your type.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 24, 2021
Golan007:

Taa.

I know your type.
Bros I serious. U fit confirm thro video call sef. Do me small Xmas na
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Golan007: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2021
SmellySperm:

Bros I serious. U fit confirm thro video call sef. Do me small Xmas na

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 9:20am On Dec 24, 2021
Some random pictures around the park. I do plan to get better pictures next time.

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Silentgroper(m): 9:21am On Dec 24, 2021
America.. Pheew.. D kind of country i'm suited for.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 24, 2021
Golan007:

Shey mk i drop aza?
Re: My Trip To Chicago by morikee: 9:23am On Dec 24, 2021
Na Camera you used snapped this abi Phone the quality too low
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Uchedizzy(f): 9:24am On Dec 24, 2021
Enjoy bro
Re: My Trip To Chicago by notoriousbabe: 9:26am On Dec 24, 2021
Op no be Ghana you dey snap show us so?
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Cousin9999: 9:43am On Dec 24, 2021
silverdawn:
Though, there are some reports of unpleasant attitudes by some especially to people of colour, but I have not experienced that. They are highly trained and professional...I could remember one encounter of driving with a friend and we were flagged down. The officer politely asked for the driver license and went to his car to do some cross checking. He returned to informed us that we were not suppose to drive that route in a certain hour of the day. We were not given a ticket but a warning

No offense, but this was likely racial profiling. They see a black person or a black person in a nice car, and stop you because they assume or hope they can find something. They ignore virtually any whites driving around anywhere unless they need to hit a quota or the oyinbo is doing something too wild to ignore.

There are countless stories of black men specifically being detained simply for driving. And these are doctors, lawyers, and other educated professionals driving decent cars and dressed neatly.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Just don't get shot.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Cousin9999: 10:13am On Dec 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
not impressed. its a rugged corrupt city. bad roads corrupt cops. segregated neighborhoods, too cold, winters are too cold and summers too hot. shovel your car out of snow for hours everyday. drive for 2 hours to look for parking spot. yeye city. i prefer ijebu igbo

Considering they're a major city, they also have nice, affordable apartments. They're fairly diverse. People are also a little more country than city, which some people may find appealing. The pace of lifestyle is a bit slower too, again, some people may find that more attractive. It's also a smaller city in terms of population, which some people prefer (like me).

I wouldn't live there because it's just too white and American, and the economy isn't amazing by my standard. But I get why someone would.

They're definitely segregated, and the weather is a bit much. But some people argue the weather keeps the wrong kinds of people away.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by wiseone28: 10:16am On Dec 24, 2021
Na this Chicago dem killed Serena Williams sister Yetunde for 2003

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 10:20am On Dec 24, 2021
From the Millennium park, there is a road across to the lakefront. The Michigan lake is close to the park. I decided to cross the road and follow the trail. This Lane is very busy with traffic. But once the pedestrian signal is on, all vehicles must stop for people to pass. I marvel at how organized the West can be in designing their country. I wish my dear Nigeria leaders can sincerely replicate what they see in the West. I believe we have all it takes to develop the nation.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Cousin9999: 10:23am On Dec 24, 2021
wiseone28:
Na this Chicago dem killed Serena Williams sister Yetunde for 2003

That was in Compton, California.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 10:26am On Dec 24, 2021
The direction board

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Chicago by wiseone28: 10:27am On Dec 24, 2021
Cousin9999:

That was in Compton, California.
Oh thanks
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Agboconsult1(m): 10:30am On Dec 24, 2021
Enjoy ur trip. Hope u r not planing to return back to 9ja...!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Truthsoldier(m): 10:31am On Dec 24, 2021
Will love to visit the States soon
Beware of Omicron OP and enjoy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hardworking Deaf Man Seen Driving Keke Napep In Umuahia Melts Hearts(pics) / A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock / Photos: Car Falls Into Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.