Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

My Trip To Chicago - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Chicago (25860 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
According to an online source, the Michigan lake "spans the entire west coast of Michigan's Lower Peninsula" and " one of the five Great Lakes of North America". This lake is clean but seem to have different colour that looks green. I have seen water bodies several time but this colour green seem weird to me.

Re: My Trip To Chicago by HEAVEN4444: 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
planetx:
Lol but it looks good enough in pictures to impress the japa crew.
picture of a toilet in russia is good enough to impress the japa crew lmaoooo. everybody must travel so that they can finally appreciate their country. its the same amongst white british people. they all want to japa to australia or spain or america or canada or new zealand. nobody appreciates their own country. when i was in canada every canadian wanted to japa to the usa even all the white canadians lmao . everybody must japa so they can appreciate what they had

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Chicago by HEAVEN4444: 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
Cousin9999:

Considering they're a major city, they also have nice, affordable apartments. They're fairly diverse. People are also a little more country than city, which some people may find appealing. The pace of lifestyle is a bit slower too, again, some people may find that more attractive. It's also a smaller city in terms of population, which some people prefer (like me).

I wouldn't live there because it's just too white and American, and the economy isn't amazing by my standard. But I get why someone would.

They're definitely segregated, and the weather is a bit much. But some people argue the weather keeps the wrong kinds of people away.
bro chicagoans are not country. they are very urban and gritty. and the pace of life in chicago is very fast and chicago is the 3rd biggest city in america and is not a smaller city and chicago is not too white. some white people will tell you its too black. there is almost equal numbers of white and black people in chicago. its one of the cities in america with the most black population. the economy is not too shabby, lots of companies in the loop.. Apart from that i agree with everything else you wrote hehe

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Bifwoli: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
silverdawn:

Some areas in Chicago are actually notorious. Especially the Chicago west side. However, those areas are not popular with tourists. Gun violence really runs high in those places but I choose to tour the loop for now.
Did you climb up to the top viewing deck of Willis Tower? That was Sears Tower for many decades the 3rd tallest building in USA.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
My goal is to reach the Navy Pier. The Navy Pier is another iconic attraction site in Chicago. History has it that it was first opened in 1916 . It was developed as a recreation facility but later turned to a jail hold for draft dodgers and then a naval training facility during the World II. Since then, it has gone through several remodeling to become what it is today. if you can see that tall wheel, that is the Navy Pier and where I was heading .

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bifwoli:
Did you climb up to the top viewing deck of Willis Tower? That was Sears Tower for many decades the 3rd tallest building in USA.

I have phobia for height(Acrophobia) smiley. But I am making effort to conquer this. When I visit Chicago again, I will do this.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Bishopp007: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
silverdawn:

I have phobia for height(Acrophobia) smiley. But I am making effort to conquer this. When I visit Chicago again, I will do this.

Kindly send DM if you are still Chicago. Let’s hang out tonight.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bishopp007:

Kindly send DM if you are still Chicago. Let’s hang out tonight.
Oh, I have left already. Thanks for the invitation
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
Cousin9999:

You mean like in Luanda, Angola; or maybe Nairobi, Kenya; actually, what about Dakar, Senegal.

Where are these places bro?

Are they in Africa?
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Bifwoli: 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
Saig:
Can we have a clean clear and well structured streets and environment like this in Africa? When??
Not its not happening with our culture of lacking maintenance, street vending ,corrupt officials etc...there's a reason why they don't like us in Europe coz we turn gold into trash.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Bifwoli: 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2021
Cousin9999:

You mean like in Luanda, Angola; or maybe Nairobi, Kenya; actually, what about Dakar, Senegal.
Have you been to the poorer areas of these African cities?
Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 10:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
I met a Moroccan guy who has been in the US for more than 11 years. His parent immigrated here. He was so happy to meet me and we walked the trail together with a promise to meet over a coffee some other time. He told me how he missed his country and was quite happy to meet an African. He is married to a Latina with kids. From what I have heard so far, it seem the Latinas(especially those born in the US) are very disposed to interracial union than the African Americans(AA). Though my knowledge on this is vague.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
I eventually got to the pier. The Navy Pier like I said earlier had undergone different transformations of the years. It now house a shopping complex, theaters, restaurants and other recreation facilities. It is so massive. Here is the side entrance to the pier. This particular entrance is paved with those beautiful lined trees. But there leaves are now shed because it is winter. I cant imagine how bloomy they will look during Autumn or Spring.

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
From the Pier, you can get a good look at the towering high rise buildings with the water in the background. The sight was so beautiful. Unfortunately the pictures cannot be delivered in high resolution. If you are planning visiting the US, try and visit Navy Pier, you will understand what I mean better.

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2021
There was an ongoing Christmas event for kids in one of this theater.

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
I decided to go to the top of the Navy Pier and catch more glimpse of the skylines.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
A statute of a sailor in honor of naval officers and dock workers at the entrance of the Pier

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
There is a wheel and a carousel ride located on the rooftop of the Pier. Both adults and kids pay for this ride. I will conquer my fear and try this next time.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
The wheel

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
Zoomed picture of the horizon

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
Neatly built benches to watch the lake. However, it is forbidden to dive or swim as defaulters will be arrested and prosecuted.

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
The warning sign

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 12:02am On Dec 25, 2021
Lols cheesy. I thought this was real from afar not knowing it was a sculpture.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by Dre183(m): 12:08am On Dec 25, 2021
Op, restaurant no dey Chicago?

Try branch one and show us food Abi u no dey hungry?

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 12:13am On Dec 25, 2021
The pride of the country. The US flag is deeply revered. At baseball events, they sing the national anthem as the flag sway to the wind. They take a lot of pride in this. One of the other flag there is for the state of Illinois. I do not know what the other one represent(maybe the Navy). I hope there can still be a day where we can all also be proud of our national flag.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 12:17am On Dec 25, 2021
Dre183:
Op, restaurant no dey Chicago?

Try branch one and show us food Abi u no dey hungry?
cheesy cheesy. I actually ate at Chinese bowl restaurant earlier but I didn't take the picture. Do not worry, I will update this page subsequently to show more areas in Chicago and food tour also will be included
Re: My Trip To Chicago by Dre183(m): 12:19am On Dec 25, 2021
silverdawn:

cheesy cheesy. I actually ate at Chinese bowl restaurant earlier but I didn't take the picture. Do not worry, I will update this page subsequently to show more areas in Chicago and food tour also will be included

Okay bro
Re: My Trip To Chicago by planetx: 12:23am On Dec 25, 2021
Mrcapability7:

Nice bro man. Please could mind helping me to pay my school fees. Im in my HND final federal polytechnic nekede. It's 33k please
Help you pay your school fees, are you even for real with that request.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by planetx: 12:26am On Dec 25, 2021
KemiTom:

i can as well download pictures of beautiful cities and buildings online n post them here,.....bros, where r you in all these numerous pictures to attest to the fact that u actually travelled to Chicago?
No big deal in travelling to America or Chicago maybe to you. Why would he be lying is NL giving out prizes.
Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 12:29am On Dec 25, 2021
planetx:
No big deal in travelling to America or Chicago maybe to you. Why would he be lying is NL giving out prizes.

I wonder o smiley

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 12:35am On Dec 25, 2021
And there is the anchor! It was actually salvaged from one of the ships (USS Chicago ) used during the first world war. It has become an important military monument that continually command respect by the armed forces. This is my first time coming so close to a ship anchor.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Chicago by silverdawn: 12:40am On Dec 25, 2021
Coming close to one of the skylines. We should be seeing more of this type of buildings at the new Atlantic city in Lagos once it becomes fully developed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

C&S Primary 6 Pupil Killed By BRT Bus On His Way To School In Ikorodu / A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock / 4 Airlines Set To Launch Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.