Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,773 members, 7,837,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari (545 Views)

Obadiah Mailafia Was Hounded By DSS Till He Died - Sowore / Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC / Shittu Is A Serial Betrayal And Dictator Says Oyo APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari by NwaNimo1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed how he hounded and secretly put in dungeon Nigerians he considered corrupt and enemies of his military regime, admitting that he was a ruthless dictator.

“When I came in uniform (as a military dictator), much younger and a bit ruthless, I arrested those I thought were corrupt and detained them,” Mr Buhari stated matter-of-factly.

He added, “In those days, you have to declare your assets before you come on board. With the assets that you declared and what you have now, you have to explain the difference. If you cannot explain the difference, we take it away from you, and we quietly put you in Kirikiri (jail) or somewhere else.”

The Nigerian president stated this while inaugurating the Muhammadu Indimi Centre for Distance Learning and International Conference on Thursday at the University of Maiduguri.

Mr Buhari and other military dictators that ruled Nigeria have never been tried in court for their rights abuses and other atrocities. His current regime is replete with rights abuses, enforced disappearances, including clandestine raids on judges and activists’ homes.

In his second coming as an elected civilian head of state, Mr Buhari noted that Nigerians “will be in (a) position to judge what this administration has done under my leadership.”

“When we came, the most difficult one was fighting corruption,” the president stressed.

He also noted that he would devote his remaining time in office to tackle the worsening deterioration of insecurity and grinding poverty in Africa’s most populous nation.

“One, to secure the country. If I leave the country unsecured, it cannot be managed,” the president asserted. “Secondly, the economy. We have a lot of people who are unemployed.”

Speaking further on his dictatorial rule and its so-called fight against corruption, Mr Buhari ruefully recalled that he too was given a dose of his medicine.

“But eventually, I myself was arrested, and for three-and-a-quarter years I was detained. I think when they found out that I did not get a kobo from anybody, they let me go,” added Mr Buhari. “So I joined partisans politics; I said let me see what other Nigerians are gaining from this babban riga. I joined them, and I am in my final term.”

Mr Buhari, who has at least a year and a half to spend in power, vowed to resist the urge to stay longer than the constitutional two terms of office.

“I swear by the holy Qur’an that I will uphold the constitution of the country, and by that, I must relinquish power in 17 months’ time,” the former despot pledged. “I will go, God’s willing. I hope whoever is coming after me will try to do the three things I tried to do.”

https://gazettengr.com/i-hounded-nigerians-secretly-jailed-them-i-was-a-ruthless-dictator-says-buhari/
Re: I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari by Jidemoo: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first
Re: I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari by Karlovich: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
embarassed We all knew the dullard was up to no good, the worst thing a nation can have is an uneducated tyrant as it's leader. His zombie followers are not left out as majority of them are in perpetual wretchedness and penury, benefitting nothing tangible from him.
A stupid president is always elected by stupid people.

1 Like

Re: I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari by NwaNimo1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
Re: I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari by Kriss216: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
A leopard can never change its skin. Buhari is and will always remain a ruthless Dictator.
Re: I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari by potent5(m): 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Okay.
Re: I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
Karlovich:
embarassed We all knew the dullard was up to no good, the worst thing a nation can have is an uneducated tyrant as it's leader. His zombie followers are not left out as majority of them are in perpetual wretchedness and penury, benefitting nothing tangible from him.
A stupid president is always elected by stupid people.

Your personal opinion you have put down. You didn’t speak for the majority that voted him to power.

Hello, His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) will be your president till 2023. The earlier you realize the fact, the better for your wails. It’s still about 17 months ahead.
Re: I Hounded Nigerians, Secretly Jailed Them; I Was A Ruthless Dictator,says Buhari by BlackfireX: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
Pained igbo loser

We the youths are solidly behind our darling president
Daddy oyoyo

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

(1) (Reply)

How Awikonko Betrayed Sunday Igboho, Support Adedoyin Evil As Ooni & Adedoyin / Abuja Stand Still For Chief Dr George Moghalu Daughter's Wedding. / What Is Going On With Sunday Igboho?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.