Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. (47992 Views)

Two Jobs / I Work Two Jobs But It Feels Like I’m Not Working — A Day In The Life Of A Forkl / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
vikstandon:

Government (State, Local, Federal) Civil service job... That's a way to kill your passion.

Police force...Their mind is as black as their uniform.
Are you serious you mean federal government jobs Even in big agencies are you serious
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
vikstandon:

Government (State, Local, Federal) Civil service job... That's a way to kill your passion.

Police force...Their mind is as black as their uniform.
Some agencies you get close 300k as a graduate first level
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
DaddyGngeess:
Nigerian army is good on a higher rank, like passing out from NDA
What do you mean is good, you can be send to Lagos a day you come back from Maiduguri what are you saying so stressful
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Farid24224(m): 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2021
Whois:
30k/month BMC.

cc

IgweOfNnewi
Exc2000
Farid24224
blinking001
airminem
helinues

simplyleo
seunmsg
Monogamy
NGpatriot
Tinubuadvocate
SangoOlukosoOba

STFU!! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
Dukeolumidemans:
I. Nigerian Armed Forces
2. Nigerian Armed Forces

Reasons: They are either killed by Boko Haram boys, ISWARP, Bandits, Armed Robbers, UGM, Angry Citizens or Internal Set Up (friendly fire) within the office.
Personal Experience: When I finished my NYSC, I couldn't find a job and my elder brother advised me to join Nigerian Police. I didn't talk to him for years because of that stupid advice. angry
Haha
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
phazotron:

Bank and insurance marketing
Lol the only problem with them is that they meagre amount as salary but nothing wrong and they can fire you at anytime
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by CaptainFM1: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
Minime10:

Police nko

Police dey make money from collecting bribe na
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Whois(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
Farid24224:

STFU!! undecided

No can do grin

Whois:
30k/month BMC.

cc

IgweOfNnewi
Exc2000
blinking001
airminem
helinues

simplyleo
seunmsg
Monogamy
NGpatriot
Tinubuadvocate
SangoOlukosoOba
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I'm not doubting that. That saying isn't just correct, that's my point. Tell Nigerian government to be sincere in the fight against terror and fish out their known sponsors and our gallant soldiers would stop losing their lives needlessly. Those killed in the battle front between 2011 and now weren't recorded during peace keeping in other countries facing similar wars in the past...was it because their times were up? Nope! People have resigned from military after seeing what boko haram were quipped with and cited loss of interest due to fear for their life and are still living while some of their colleagues who remained had gone. Does it mean their time was up? No . Boko haram had powerful guns and rockets while our military are still using archaic weapons. If boko haram overpowered them in gun battle, would you say their times were up? There are a lot which you could avoid and you'd live. It's a matter of choice . They say abuja-kaduna highway is flooded by boko haram who kidnap on a daily basis but you said, oh well, it's those whose time was up that were killed and you reared head. If you got caught,would people say it was because your time was up by disobeying? Or they say don't drink sniper and you went ahead and drank it when you knew there's no chance of survival once it entered your intestine...You're the architect of your fortune and misfortune. There's nothing like time being up. You can avoid death if you want...it's a matter of choice. As a pilot you know there's a technical issue with the flight but ignored it and flew the plane and the plane crashed and took your life...it's a choice. I flew an aircraft last month from Abuja to lagos. we flew and got half-way only for the pilot to say please we'd have to go back to abuja cos there was a technical issue. Had he continued, saying shebi we done nearly approach lagos, the plane would have crashed. Its a matter of choice.

Hezekiah was sick to the point of death and a prophesy came that he would die from that sickness, he prayed to God for healing and he got healed...what if he had just accepted the prophesy of death by saying oh well, I know I'm old enough and have lived well, if death comes its fine. He said no, he must still live and God added up to 15 years more to his years. They say don't join the Nigeria army of today but you refused and say, but there are people there as well who are still living, but the unfortunate happen, which you could have avoided by not joining and still live...would people say it's because your time was up? Those who are still there, do you know what they're doing? They move those who aren't conversant with the terrain to fight boko haram while they shielded and spared their own as some soldiers had confirmed. There are officers from a particular region who never fought any serious fight and are ogas in the military today, dem plenti. was it because their time wasn't up or because they attained those positions by favouritism,nepotism and inequality? There are some risks you don't take when you already know the inherent danger and you'd live.
Which tribe are you referring to please, who attained high position in the Army without tangible results
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Hassanmaye(m): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
Sunday2021:
we have been there, what about you? Do you have the guts to protect your mother?
When we are having sleepless nights in the bushes, coward like you were snoring under your mother's wrapper.
When men are men where are you? Hiding under your mother skirt I believe.
Hahahhahahaha please allow him to rest

1 Like

Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Haha

Lol..na so nau. I am glad I ignored all the temptation of joining any of those force.

1 Like

Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Farid24224(m): 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
Whois:

No can do grin

angry
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by professore(m): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
jeff1993:
N.A ..... Unless my child wants to enter through NDA ... That one is acceptable

Flight attendant!!!! .... Are u serious ..... I so much love that Job .... You have access to people and visit lots of great places.... There is rusk in every Job
what of entering as a graduate (though I have no interest in the job)
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by AuroraB(f): 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
Goalsniper:

How is flight attendant that bad. I have someone who wants a career in there.
@Naijabad, kindly enlighten us on this or I assume you are indeed, ignorant sad
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Whois(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
Farid24224:

angry

No vex. I don comot ur monika. I've seen you're a good fellow
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by nedekid: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
Bros my paddy is less than 50 and a major General. He is living his best life as he still looks young and fit. Fine boy too. Power and money dey. Him family de obodo oyinbo. He cruises the best chicks in town.
But omo, I side with you oh. My pikin no fit join army. grin
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by indigenous234(f): 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
AfroKnight:

Well said.

Collect!

Thanks. But why I come dey feel like eze nmuo as I see this goat?
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Laturuturu: 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
TEACHING
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by lexy2014: 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
Naijabad:
1. Joining the Nigerian army

2. Being a flight attendant in a Nigerian airline

Both are the easiest way to die young.

What about yours?

if u saying "being a flight attendant in a Nigerian airline" is one of the easiest way of dying young, how come pilot isnt on your list? are also saying that all the people who have died young so far have either been soldiers or flight attendants in a Nigerian airline?
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Bodebi: 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
Flight attendant is good

Do you need a loan this Festive period for Christmas celebration or for business purpose or for personal need then I'm glad to inform you that you get a loan from Polaris bank even if you don't have an account with the bank. You can get between 50k to 2 million naira without collateral and less paper work with a monthly interest rate of just 2% for a duration of up to 8 months repayment period. This information is completely free and I'm not charging for it or collecting any fee before you can get the loan. If interested, kindly click on my WhatsApp link below

http://.us/w/?c=ac60c2
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by AfroKnight: 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
indigenous234:

Thanks. But why I come dey feel like eze nmuo as I see this goat?

grin

You dey fear? It’s just for asun. Dazzall.

Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by darkelf: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
Sunday2021:
then you need to bow to the people that that decided to join the military. In the military only patriotic Nigerians are capable of joining.
You will advice your children not to be in the military but you will cowardly sit behind your computer to insult those that made the sacrifice to defend this country against all odds. Mr Man, military Job is not for Lilly livers.
You have to sacrifice your peace, happiness, freedom, life and all goodies in order to protect civilians and the territory of your country.
God bless the Nigerian military
God bless buhari
God bless Nigeria.

Thank you for this Sir
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by goodheart01: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
Goalsniper:

How is flight attendant that bad. I have someone who wants a career in there.

Being a flight attendant in a foreign airline is not bad, but in a Nigerian airline is like working in a flying coffin
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by 2braithe: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
jeff1993:
N.A ..... Unless my child wants to enter through NDA ... That one is acceptable

So if he enters through NDA,will that prevent him from being a combatant in war?
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by indigenous234(f): 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
AfroKnight:

grin

You dey fear? It’s just for asun. Dazzall.

Oil dey your head boss.
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Hkff: 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2021
Really
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by JustforMen: 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
minks:
Doesn't matter what you do, when your times's up, you'll wound up dead anyway.
Death is a natural order that comes to everyone. The only thing you should teach your children is how to be ready when death comes knocking.

Well stated!
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by JustforMen: 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
RapistOnBail:
[/s] grin Clown!

How the Fvck would one be ready for something that can’t be predicted?
It does not need to be predicted. It is already a certainty that we all must embark on the journey of death.
So like any other journey, you can do some form of preparation even though arrival at your destination is never promised.
Live your life with the awareness that it can end at anytime.
This in turn should help you put your priorities right such that when death comes, you would have fulfilled your potential and fully blessed the world with your gifts and talents.
If you have any form of belief, then you should live your life such that it conforms to the ultimate end promised by your belief system.
If you don't have a religious belief, live your life such that you will be good source of fertilizer and carbon to nature.
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by JustforMen: 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
goodheart01:

Being a flight attendant in a foreign airline is not bad, but in a Nigerian airline is like working in a flying coffin
No, this is not true.
Going by statistics, being a flight attendant even in Nigeria is a very safe profession with a very normal occupational risk profile.
For example, when was the last fatal plane crash in Nigeria? How often does it happen?
If you compare it to death due to people slumping and dying in the office because of stress, you will see what I am saying.
Sitting for prolonged periods is a more deadly and risky profession.
A little bit of a controversial idea but just research it.

1 Like

Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Sholuwa241: 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
That na correct talk
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by Amanda4life: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
DISPATCH RIDERS ,BIKE RIDERS.

EASIEST WAY TO DIE IN ACTIVE SERVICE

E
Re: Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. by dragnet: 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2021
Nicepoker:
Nairaland mods. Another risky job. grin

What if it comes with hazard allowance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Fixes PVC Ceiling And Windows For A Living (Photos) / What You Need To Avoid When You Start Getting An Income / Mother And Son Called To Bar Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.