Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

How Many Of You Did This During Christmas - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Did This During Christmas (33572 Views)

Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas / If Your Daughter Did This To Your Car, What Would You Do? (Photo) / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by 4tomandchi: 11:00am On Dec 25, 2021
shocked up
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by simple250: 11:00am On Dec 25, 2021
Tins don change , the fear of your neighbor's poisoning you, will not make you to open that plate ... except you cover the food with blood of jesus 10times

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Mrkumareze(m): 11:01am On Dec 25, 2021
cheesy wow, I remember our neighbour that year, ifeoma's watery stew is second to non.. we just chop the meat n send the rest to waste bin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Dankovich1: 11:01am On Dec 25, 2021
R
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 25, 2021
Indomie generation will never understand cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Nghada(m): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2021
Indomie generation don't know what you are talking about.

I did it wella
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by walyx(m): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

Nothing more joyous than opening the cover to see the full glory of about 3-4 pieces of fried meat ontop of the jollof rice

Sure, we go carry food go in exchange, they gv us Christmas money.. at d end of d day, i dey see like #500 back then o in 1993
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Hearme(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2021
Semira

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by phemmyfour: 11:11am On Dec 25, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

Nothing more joyous than opening the cover to see the full glory of about 3-4 pieces of fried meat ontop of the jollof rice
I did and I hate doing it especially when they tell you to wait and give you white rice in return or wash the plates
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by adeoba2008(m): 11:17am On Dec 25, 2021
I like tips that comes with it.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by ikorodureporta: 11:19am On Dec 25, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

That could b very tempting...but trust, if na untrusted neighbour send am, na inside nylon bag e go end up cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Adewale1603(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2021
whenever i see this plate, jollof rice and meat, always comes to mind. it is called Abo Ajase here.
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by goldmatrix(m): 11:21am On Dec 25, 2021
BabaIbo:
I call it first half or preparation meal before the main meal.

As someone who grew up in a family where cooking starts after we are back from church on Christmas day or on Christmas day morning.

Anytime I sight that plate, I have this inner joy because of the Hunger wey person go endure due to hangover before our food is ready.

Same everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by PennywysCares(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

cheesy
Op I senior you
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by BabaIbo: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2021
goldmatrix:

Same everywhere grin

Naso grin
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by tosyne2much(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2021
Abo ajase cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by friday2011(m): 11:25am On Dec 25, 2021
tolexy007:
I remember back den, b4 our Christmas food is ready, our table go don full of diff kind of foods from our Neighbours and friends, we too we take food to dem. but now it dosent happen again, cos theirs no more love and people don't trust each other again.

Exactly...with different minerals, like coke, limca, some of our neighbors go add malt join, (that bottle wey dey far from God)

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Wondercast: 11:30am On Dec 25, 2021
Emeks008:
I remember how i do carry this plate from one house to another in the late 90s to early 2000s. I love to take the food to neighbours house because Christmas tips must follow.

At the end of the day, I don make like #100 to #150.
Lol.

Some people will give me #5 while some will give me #10. Na big man house we dey receive #50 as our Christmas money. Lol......
Gbayii
How time flies
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Omoslim26: 11:30am On Dec 25, 2021
I did it, and I plan on doing it again today.
Happy Xmas niggies.
Don't let wahala bother you with im problem.
Today of all days, forget that you are someone's
Father
Mother
Son
Daughter
Brother
Sister
Husband
Wife
Uncle
Friend

and just see only yourself ��.
Even if na only 2k you get,find one place make you enjoy ya sef
Obugodi 2bottles of Hero na goat meat pepper soup �
Because family problem no dey finish ooo�

After doing my Ngwori with ma niggies,I have a special personal Ngwori for me and just me alone.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by membranus: 11:31am On Dec 25, 2021
helinues:
grin cheesy

Good old memory

Jollof rice with Chicken or beef make Dem con add stew for aside.
Oh boy

I think there was more love/trust amongst Nigerians back then compared to now . Love, sharing and giving

If you try such this era, almost half of the foods would end up in dust bins

So true, but how sad. Nobody is trustworthy anymore.

We all fear our neighbours, even our friends are sometimes suspects to us.

The whole world is no more friendly anymore.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Bridget95(f): 11:32am On Dec 25, 2021
We used to do it until the dullard took over and impoverished Nigerians
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Wondercast: 11:32am On Dec 25, 2021
You are my Nigga, exact way it happened with me right in surulere in late 80s and thru 90s
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Prenonjebose: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2021
Guilty as charged. My mum did a lot of sharing of food to our neighbours. It sort of became a competition as to who shares first, and whose is tastier. It was fun knocking on doors to wish them compliments of the season.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by ThatFairGuy1: 11:34am On Dec 25, 2021
@ emboldened Then When Yoruba men dey pay for the services rendered well right coz u hate them now lipsrsealed
Happy birthday 9ja olosho
NaijaOlosho:
How time flies grin

Now those were things that really created love and oneness in our old days but now undecided
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Okeedu(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2021
I saw this and smiled
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by HonestFriend: 11:42am On Dec 25, 2021
I never chop my own finish..
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by jcent2611: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2021
na fried chicken with stew rice...na we do...
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by TPound(m): 11:49am On Dec 25, 2021
helinues:
grin cheesy

Good old memory

Jollof rice with Chicken or beef make Dem con add stew for aside.
Oh boy

I think there was more love/trust amongst Nigerians back then compared to now . Love, sharing and giving

If you try such this era, almost half of the foods would end up in dust bins

For someone who serves jollof with stew... I think he or she has trust issues or is strictly Yoruba
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by tnerro1(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2021
We used to love and trust each other, until some people took over power and everything went downhill

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" / Man Seeks Divorce, Over Wife’s Frigidity And Oversleeps / Woman Recreates Photo Of Her Mother Carrying Her Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.