Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

How Many Of You Did This During Christmas - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Did This During Christmas (33564 Views)

Nostalgic Throwback: How 80s And 90s Kids Looked Like During Christmas / If Your Daughter Did This To Your Car, What Would You Do? (Photo) / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by MartinsD12(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

Nothing more joyous than opening the cover to see the full glory of about 3-4 pieces of fried meat ontop of the jollof rice
That was when there was still sharing in this land , my childhood days witness this plate of food sharing , early 2000 To 2005 now everyone dey fear him neighbor because of envy and enmity everywhere
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by AZControversial(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2021
grin grin

Chai.... those days...
I wish some moments could repeat themselves
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Rubbiish(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2021
ncpat:
If you used this plate and never marry, please go and beg your village people.
Lol
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Rubby007: 11:56am On Dec 25, 2021
Lol
I do o
I still have it at home self
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by wamide042(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2021
My Mum used to do this those years until one day when she discovered that a Particular Neighbour of ours usually pour her food away in the dustbin, since then my mum stopped dishing out food to this particular Woman..
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by dannyoz(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
helinues:
grin cheesy

Good old memory

Jollof rice with Chicken or beef make Dem con add stew for aside.
Oh boy

I think there was more love/trust amongst Nigerians back then compared to now . Love, sharing and giving

If you try such this era, almost half of the foods would end up in dust bins

Can you explain the reasons behind disposal of shared festive foods, why are people doing so
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Goke7: 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
MartinsD12:

That was when there was still sharing in this land , my childhood days witness this plate of food sharing , early 2000 To 2005 now everyone dey fear him neighbor because of envy and enmity everywhere

I feel bad hearing all these, how do we get to this stage as Nigerians.

Even as a Christian I always look forward to sallah food from Muslim neighbours and vice versa when it's Christmas I send to them.

We Nigerians need sober reflection. Religion has damaged us
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by dannyoz(m): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
Goke7:

Even as a Christian I always look forward to sallah food from Muslim neighbours and vice versa when it's Christmas I send to them.

We still share till date but I'm always somehow against now adays, i do assist in sharing too when i was small but now my perception about those around us has changed me totally, na my first love (mum) and my younger sister dey dey involved in the sharing na only cooking i dey assist
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Germi9: 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
Agricmoney:

Anytime I sight this plate joy dey enter my belle because I no say better thing go dey inside.

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Agriculture ba?

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Volksguys1985: 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
Neighbor no dey again o,
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by bfn1: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
Memories!
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?
Nothing more joyous than opening the cover to see the full glory of about 3-4 pieces of fried meat ontop of the jollof rice
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by RPG2020(m): 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
This is when Nigeria Love themselves not any more
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by MartinsD12(m): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
Goke7:

Yeah I lots of things have gone wrong, religious beliefs killed us more , those times during my childhood especially this Christmas season as I child you will leave your home go to other people's homes far away from home they will dash you money gifts and food to eat there without fear of being poisoned , other children will come to our village house eat and dine with us I mean total strangers but no Body tries it now

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Selfmotivated: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

This usually happen in the olden days but never more because of evil everywhere
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by seyz91(m): 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
cheesy i am one, not gonna lie

Those are the days we used to enjoy christmas well, naija dey okay small then

HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Pelumar(m): 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

I swear to God na this plate Dem use bring me rice now now I was surprised the same as the one on your picture lmafo
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
Haha in my compound since morning, everybody Na mind your business we we dey do.

Nowadays, If you want to waste your food, share it to your neighbours. You're stepping out, they're tipping it into the rubbish bin.
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by jericco1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
Did that way back but these days everybody dey do for himself
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Ekpekus(m): 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
How many of you?

German plate my Mom called it then..
Just know, if you are served with that, you are special...
Dem nor dey just dey serve anybody with that plate that usually sits on the shelves in the living room.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Ekpekus(m): 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
Legalcriminal:
Supporting with this tray. The way our mothers decorate home with this plate sef too funny like they will be valuable someday
grin this tray na highest then o...
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by eseelvis: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
This one is from my neighbor today the spirit of Christmas

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by beejay4all(m): 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas Nairaland.
I normally this every year. Even till this morning.
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by gazza07(m): 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
On it right now
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
As we celebrate Xmas today.
Let us remember the people ;that have stood up and spoke up for us; against ;the politicians and elites;that cant provide us with basic social amenities;the people that have made our life's to worth nothing;ethnic cleansing.displacements of indigenous Nigerians.
The three wise men I call them;
They could have had an easy life;like most of us;but the corrupt system;with all Human right abuses; have decided to illegally hold yall unjustifiably.
Our generation ;wont forget ;our progressive s will remember yall.In the spirit of Xmas ;yall are there for the fight that have chosen yall.
Merry Xmas to our generational heros.
Sowore;
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu;
Sunday Igboho;
Yall have deprived yourself ;your comfortable lifestyles to fight for us .
Yall have a wonderful life; but yall have decided to give up all that ;for justice for all;
Yall fought a just cause;many have died but yall never gave up.
The system have denied yall Xmas; with your families;but I say to yall ;freedom fighters of our generation.
Your fight will not be in vein.
Merry Xmas to yall.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Hkff: 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lol
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by sisisioge: 7:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
My Grandma still did today grin
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Soukiss(m): 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
Emeks008:
I remember how i do carry this plate from one house to another in the late 90s to early 2000s. I love to take the food to neighbours house because Christmas tips must follow.

At the end of the day, I don make like #100 to #150.
Lol.. no b lie.u na barrack boy u b

Some people will give me #5 while some will give me #10. Na big man house we dey receive #50 as our Christmas money. Lol......
How time flies
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by keddu(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
very funny
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Feelings79: 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
helinues:
grin cheesy

Good old memory

Jollof rice with Chicken or beef make Dem con add stew for aside.
Oh boy

I think there was more love/trust amongst Nigerians back then compared to now . Love, sharing and giving

If you try such this era, almost half of the foods would end up in dust bins
It's still regular Christmas culture in my area here (Benue state) I received more than seven dishes of rice from the neighborhood today.Infact, I was woken up by one of those small girls that would bring it
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Feelings79: 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Viltron:
Haha in my compound since morning, everybody Na mind your business we we dey do.

Nowadays, If you want to waste your food, share it to your neighbours. You're stepping out, they're tipping it into the rubbish bin.
We are so blessed in my area then(Benue state).I received seven different dishes from the neighborhood and couldn't finish half of it.It's regular Christmas culture here, sharing of Christmas food and drinks.Right now on my sink are different kind of plates
Re: How Many Of You Did This During Christmas by Blazadenise(m): 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
I still takes things to my neighbors, but I ensure not to take food cause they might just start feeling somehow cause things have change from how we grew up, I take drinks to them 1"wine" 2 juice , if any visit me then I can offer food.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" / Man Seeks Divorce, Over Wife’s Frigidity And Oversleeps / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.