Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? (343 Views)

Christ Got Talent / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It?

You claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ, yet you wouldn't have had money to buy the Christmas clothes, rice and chicken which you used to celebrate it if you didn't steal it or defraud someone, so what has the birth of Christ to do with your celebrations?

You claim to be celebrating Christmas, but the money meant to pay people's salaries was what you looted and used for your own selfish and self-centred celebration, so what has the birth of Christ got to do with it?

You claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ, yet it's the money that someone borrowed you when you were direly in need, that instead of paying back the person as you promised, you're using it to celebrate Christmas, so what has Christ got to do with your celebrations?

You claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ, yet you organized a Christmas party/carnival that resulted in people getting drunk and committing sexual immorality, so what has the birth of Christ got to do with your celebrations?

You claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ, yet when you organized a feast you only invited your rich friends and neighbors who could recompense you later on, but not the poor and needy who wouldn't be able to recompense you, but were hungry and needed to partake of such a feast, so what has Christ got to do with your celebrations?

Many claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ today, but they don't even care the least about Christ or what He stood for, if what they're doing in the process of the celebration has got anything to do with the purpose of His birth, so what has Christ's birth got to do with their celebration?

If the birth of Christ was truly being celebrated, it's important that those who claim to be celebrating it, did things in the course of the celebrations that align with His interest and the purpose for which He was born, otherwise, in truth, they would actually be abusing it and celebrating in vain, because they do things that defeat the purpose of His birth.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? by judedwriter(m): 12:24am On Dec 25, 2021
What amazes me about the 25th of December is that unbelievers celebrate Jesus's birth more than believers!

Today you see all kinds people drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, womanizing, etc.

Truly, the 25th of December has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus. Historically, this date was dedicated to the sun god from fetish Roman festivals.

However, because we choose to remember the birth of Jesus on this day, there is this unsual peace, joy, love in the atmosphere.

from childhood, this peace,joy and love in the atmosphere on the 25th of December, has always puzzled me.

It just shows that Jesus is alive....

2 Likes

Re: What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? by BRATISLAVA: 1:36am On Dec 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It?

You claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ, yet you wouldn't have had money to buy the Christmas clothes, rice and chicken which you used to celebrate it if you didn't steal it or defraud someone, so what has the birth of Christ to do with your celebrations?

You claim to be celebrating Christmas, but the money meant to pay people's salaries was what you looted and used for your own selfish and self-centred celebration, so what has the birth of Christ got to do with it?

You claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ, yet it's the money that someone borrowed you when you were direly in need, that instead of paying back the person as you promised, you're using it to celebrate Christmas, so what has Christ got to do with your celebrations?

You claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ, yet you organized a Christmas party that resulted in people getting drunk and committing sexual immorality, so what has the birth of Christ got to do with your celebrations?

You claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ, yet when you organized a feast you only invited your rich friends and those who could recompense you later on, but not the poor and needy who wouldn't be able to recompense you, but were hungry and needed to partake of such a feast, so what has Christ got to do with your celebrations?

Many claim to be celebrating the birth of Christ today, but they don't even care the least about Christ or what He stood for, if what they're doing in the process of the celebration has got anything to do with the purpose of His birth, so what has Christ's birth got to do with their celebration?

If the birth of Christ was truly being celebrated, it's important that those who claim to be celebrating it, did things in the course of the celebrations that align with His interest and the purpose for which He was born, otherwise, in truth, they would actually be abusing it and celebrating in vain, because they do things that defeat the purpose of His birth.

God bless.

Very good post.

But is there a Nigerian Christian that will go to heaven? All the things you listed is their way of life, after which they say "praise the Lord, I have a testimony".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:17am On Dec 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Very good post.

But is there a Nigerian Christian that will go to heaven? All the things you listed is their way of life, after which they say "praise the Lord, I have a testimony".
Sure there are indeed some Nigerian Christians that would make heaven, just that they would be very few, so let's try and ensure that we be among that number.

It's been quite a long while. I trust you're doing great. Nice to hear from you again.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:24am On Dec 25, 2021
judedwriter:
What amazes me about the 25th of December is that unbelievers celebrate Jesus's birth more than believers!

Today you see all kinds people drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, womanizing, etc.

Truly, the 25th of December has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus. Historically, this date was dedicated to the sun God from fetish Roman festivals.

However, because we choose to remember the birth of Jesus on this day, there is this unsual peace, joy, love in the atmosphere.

from childhood, this peace,joy and love in the atmosphere on the 25th of December, has always puzzled me.

It just shows that Jesus is alive....
Are you sure the "peace, joy and love" is of God and not of this world?

I know that there's also excitement in the world when the world are in celebratory mood, so what's the difference?

Thanks for sharing though. God bless.
Re: What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:12am On Dec 26, 2021
When purpose is unknown, abuse is inevitable.
Re: What Has The Birth Of Christ Got To Do With It? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:38am On Dec 25, 2022
I did created this post about this time last year, but only yesterday I saw a post on front page that proved the message is still very relevant til date.

Someone went to steal power cables so he could buy Christmas cloths for his girlfriend. Just imagine how ridiculous that sounds.

Here's the link to the story:

https://www.nairaland.com/7494848/2-men-stole-community-power#119396466

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman Receives Non-stop Applause And Standing Ovation / How To Pretend To Be Very Wise! / Anything Wrong In Crossing Your Legs In The Church??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.