Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born (1139 Views)

Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? / January 7th: Christians in Ethiopia Celebrate Christmas Today (Photos) / Good Friday; The Commemoration Of The Death Of Our Lord Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by SirBlack999(m): 5:03am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas Nairalanders!!

In the spirit of celebration, tag the Nairalanders you're wishing a wonderful celebration.

Lalasticlala
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by OBALOLA55(m): 6:21am On Dec 25, 2021
YOU MEAN THE BIRTH OF YOUR ROMAN IDOL GODS

3 Likes

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Kobojunkie: 6:25am On Dec 25, 2021
SirBlack999:
Merry Christmas Nairalanders!!

In the spirit of celebration, tag the Nairalanders you're wishing a wonderful celebration.
Jesus Christ was not born today and He didn't ask to celebrate any Holiday in His name, so it is sin to do so. undecided

Instead, Christmas is a pagan/secular holiday and should be celebrated as such. undecided

Merry Christmas/Xmas to you too! undecided
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by SirBlack999(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ was not born today and He didn't ask to celebrate any Holiday in His name, so it is sin to do so. undecided

Instead, Christmas is a pagan/secular holiday and should be celebrated as such. undecided

Merry Christmas/Xmas to you too! undecided
An aggressive minority.... The irony
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:20am On Dec 25, 2021
Why must you tell lies about Jesus?
Where in the Bible is it written that Jesus was born on 25th of December? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Janosky: 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Where in the Bible is it written that Jesus was born on 25th of December? undecided

Matthew 28:20, they prefer to disobey Jesus Christ.
Rice and chicken is more important to them than obedience to Jesus Christ @Matthew28:20

1 Like

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Jman24(m): 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Why must you tell lies about a created figure/human (a very popular character in his time) we do not know what he looks like but we do know what pharaohs of egypt look like

Max Max lol

1 Like

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
SirBlack999:

An aggressive minority.... The irony
Huh? undecided
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas to you all, I ❤ you and Jesus ❤❤❤❤❤s you more. Please, if you are not a Christian, you have no business discussing Christmas, practice your religion and leave us alone.

Anyway, there is no dull moment in my family. Our Christmas turkey and chickens have already been slaughtered and our ram is about to be slaughtered also. We are throwing a small party, I wish I could invite everybody.

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:
Merry Christmas to you all, I ❤ you and Jesus ❤❤❤❤❤s you more. Please, if you are not a Christian, you have no business discussing Christmas, practice your religion and leave us alone.

Anyway, there is no dull moment in my family. Our Christmas turkey and chickens have already been slaughtered and our ram is about to be slaughtered also. We are throwing a small party, I wish I could invite everybody.
Christmas is not of Jesus Christ but of this world - it is a secular/Pagan holiday- and so should not be celebrated in His name either.. undecided

Merry Christmas and good tidings to all! undecided
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Ayo081(m): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Christmas is not of Jesus Christ but of this world - it is a secular/Pagan holiday- and so should not be celebrated in His name either.. undecided

Merry Christmas Kobojunkie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I understand that Yahshua is a proposed transliteration of the original Hebrew name of Jesus but we Christians don't believe in your own Yahushua and our beliefs about Jesus is totally different so how can we compare two different religions. Christians only practice Christianity, no Christian can accept your belief except the Christian wants to convert to your religion.

I am not interested in debating my religion with a non-christian, the other day I discussed with you, I thought you were a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Ayo081(m): 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

Abeg append pictures of the prepared food, I not fit to dey lick blood undecided
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

I understand that Yahshua is a proposed transliteration of the original Hebrew name of Jesus but we Christians don't believe in your own Yahushua and our beliefs about Jesus is totally different so how can we compare two different religions. Christians only practice Christianity, no Christian can accept your belief except the Christian wants to convert to your religion.

I am not interested in debating my religion with a non-christian, the other day I discussed with you, I thought you were a Christian.
Again....Christmas is not of Jesus Christ but of this world - it is a secular/Pagan holiday- and so should not be celebrated in His name either.. undecided

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
When was Jesus born?

A. Popular myth puts his birth on December 25th in the year 1 C.E.

B. The New Testament gives no date or year for Jesus’ birth. The earliest gospel – St. Mark’s, written about 65 CE – begins with the baptism of an adult Jesus. This suggests that the earliest Christians lacked interest in or knowledge of Jesus’ birthdate.

C. The year of Jesus birth was determined by Dionysius Exiguus, a Scythian monk, “abbot of a Roman monastery. His calculation went as follows:

a. In the Roman, pre-Christian era, years were counted from ab urbe condita (“the founding of the City” [Rome]). Thus 1 AUC signifies the year Rome was founded, 5 AUC signifies the 5th year of Rome’s reign, etc.

b. Dionysius received a tradition that the Roman emperor Augustus reigned 43 years, and was followed by the emperor Tiberius.

c. Luke 3:1,23 indicates that when Jesus turned 30 years old, it was the 15th year of Tiberius reign.

d. If Jesus was 30 years old in Tiberius’ reign, then he lived 15 years under Augustus (placing Jesus birth in Augustus’ 28th year of reign).

e. Augustus took power in 727 AUC. Therefore, Dionysius put Jesus birth in 754 AUC.

f. However, Luke 1:5 places Jesus’ birth in the days of Herod, and Herod died in 750 AUC – four years before the year in which Dionysius places Jesus birth.

D. Joseph A. Fitzmyer – Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at the Catholic University of America, member of the Pontifical Biblical Commission, and former president of the Catholic Biblical Association – writing in the Catholic Church’s official commentary on the New Testament[1], writes about the date of Jesus’ birth, “Though the year [of Jesus birth is not reckoned with certainty, the birth did not occur in AD 1. The Christian era, supposed to have its starting point in the year of Jesus birth, is based on a miscalculation introduced ca. 533 by Dionysius Exiguus.”

E. The DePascha Computus, an anonymous document believed to have been written in North Africa around 243 CE, placed Jesus birth on March 28. Clement, a bishop of Alexandria (d. ca. 215 CE), thought Jesus was born on November 18. Based on historical records, Fitzmyer guesses that Jesus birth occurred on September 11, 3 BC
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again....Christmas is not of Jesus Christ but of this world - it is a secular/Pagan holiday- and so should not be celebrated in His name either.. undecided

Just talk say you no get money take celebrate...nobody go beat you...

I know say Jesus nah idol and all, but My wife Cook better pounded yam and ofe Nsala....I buy one red wine wey she dey like....later in the night when the children don sleep...enough firing down..I will drill the oil.. merry Christmas my neigbours..
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Christmas is not for your Yahushua but it is for my own Jesus Christ. No be you go tell me wetin I go believe. My Christmas ram has finally been slaughtered. Do have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

Christmas is not for your Yahushua but it is for my own Jesus Christ. No be you go tell me wetin I go believe. My Christmas ram has finally been slaughtered. Do have a nice day.

Animal sacrifice??

1 Like

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

Animal sacrifice??
I don't understand, is it a crime to slaughter or eat meat?

2 Likes

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 4:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

I don't understand, is it a crime to slaughter or eat meat?

Yes....except for sacrifice to God...

Did you allow the blood run to the earth?
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

Yes....except for sacrifice to God...

Did you allow the blood run to the earth?
This information is for people of your religion. I am a Christian, we don't share the same beliefs and I am not interested in converting to your religion, so why are you telling about your beliefs.
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

This information is for people of your religion. I am a Christian, we don't share the same beliefs and I am not interested in converting to your religion, so why are you telling about your beliefs.

Did you allow the blood run on the ground when you cut its neck? Yes or no..
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

Did you allow the blood run on the ground when you cut its neck? Yes or no..

How is that your business? I did not invite you to come and eat or do you want to eat the neck for me?
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

How is that your business? I did not invite you to come and eat or do you want to eat the neck for me?

Well, I only wanted to help you so you don't defile yourself...
Ignorance is no excuse. God commanded we allow the blood to run to the earth when we slaughter any animal . If you did, the better I not...it's up to you. If you like be claiming smartness, don't listen to advice from an elder....

Merry Christmas..
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

If my Jesus does not beat me for celebrating His birthday, go and carry your cane and come to my house to beat me. Mr man mind your own business and face your own religion. I don't want to convert to your religion, I only practice Christianity. Thank you very much but your advice is not even needed because we don't know the same Jesus and we don't practice the same religion. Preach to your members alone.
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

If my Jesus does not beat me for celebrating His birthday, go and carry your cane and come to my house to beat me. Mr man mind your own business and face your own religion. I don't want to convert to your religion, I only practice Christianity. Thank you very much but your advice is not even needed because we don't know the same Jesus and we don't practice the same religion. Preach to your members alone.
Kobojunkie is neither here nor there....

I guess at the end of the day.....he is just a ...ehhhhh junkie
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
The people who created the Jesus character said his birthday is 25th of December. Wetin concern me if federal government say nah holiday.....I no go use am jolly.

The Catholics said Jesus birthday is 25th.

How is it any body's business? Why should I argue with them.

Until they come and change our iwaji (new yam) festival then there is really going to be a big problem.
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

Well, I only wanted to help you so you don't defile yourself...
Ignorance is no excuse. God commanded we allow the blood to run to the earth when we slaughter any animal . If you did, the better I not...it's up to you. If you like be claiming smartness, don't listen to advice from an elder....

Merry Christmas..
Mr elder, thanks very much for your advice but it is not even needed because your God is not my God. Your own God does not permit you to eat animals that the blood runs to the earth but my God own permits me to eat it.

If I want to follow your doctrines, I would simply convert to your religion and I am not interested in your religion. I only practice Christianity, please let me be.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by sonmvayina(m): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Rosement:

Mr elder, thanks very much for your advice but it is not even needed because your God is not my God. Your own God does not permit you to eat animals that the blood runs to the earth but my God own permits me to eat it.

If I want to follow your doctrines, I would simply convert to your religion and I am not interested in your religion. I only practice Christianity, please let me be.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Well, it is the law the creator of the universe decreed for every human being on earth. Even if you want to worship your idol(Jesus christ) I am not stopping you but at least obey the creators commandments.
Don't make the mistake of following Paul writtings he is not God. He is only going to lead you astray..
Re: Merry Christmas: Today Is The Day Our Lord Is Born by Rosement(f): 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

Well, it is the law the creator of the universe decreed for every human being on earth. Even if you want to worship your idol(Jesus christ) I am not stopping you but at least obey the creators commandments.
Don't make the mistake of following Paul writtings he is not God. He is only going to lead you astray..
I cannot obey the law of the creator of the universe that you believe in because the creator I know is different from the creator you know. My own creator, Jesus Christ of Nazareth wants me to listen to the teaching of His apostles, so I will not ignore their teachings.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Where Is God? / What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? / What Is The Permissive Will Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.