Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,656 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt (46653 Views)

Black Soot: They Have Returned With A New Strategy And In Full Force! / Black Soot: Checkout Elelenwo, Port Harcourt This Morning (Photos) / Black Soot: What My Ceiling Fan In Port Harcourt Looks Like (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Frigga13: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
I was overwhelmed by how stupid some of u are.

What part of Nigeria weh somebody go leave his house after 3months, mop it and get this kind of crude water?

If something is risky to our health, we must always complain. Life is important, I am not the cause of ur misfortune

Low IQ.. rants
Gibberish

Next!
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by richmond500: 9:08am On Dec 25, 2021
Lavisha:

You see, there are millions of people living in PHC and %1 cannot tell the true story about Portable waters in the Metropolis.
For instance, I reside in Kogi state Obajana @ Dangote Cement Factory (Largest Cement plant in Africa) and the harmattan did a great job by drying up some portable water sources coupled with Cement dusts everywhere.
That means I can easily fetch a muddy water and show the World but the true tale is; Clean Waters Abounds in Kogi.

So, I want to believe Clean Waters still plenty for PHC and there's no cause for alarm but the way you peeps are portraying it seems All waters in PHC are contaminated with soot which is very wrong.

I'ma Microbiologist tho.
there's water rushing in my apartment and that is what I used, I don't know if its safe or not but its the normal water in average Nigerian home.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by richmond500: 9:10am On Dec 25, 2021
Frigga13:

Low IQ.. rants
Gibberish

Next!
guy, I don tire for u.

Have a nice day and merry Xmas
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by FarahAideed: 9:10am On Dec 25, 2021
MelesZenawi:

This particular spot issue is caused by the people themselves.

Leave grammar pls.

The illegal refineries?
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Frigga13: 9:11am On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
guy, I don tire for u.

Have a nice day and merry Xmas

Merry Christmas bro.. I understand you.. Nairaland Na cruise . grin

Nothing personal.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by toujurs: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2021
Bleep, this is getting worst na angry, haba, can people even see water to drink like this. . This isn't fair, alot of Nigerians are suffering
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by toujurs: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2021
Bleep, this is getting worst na angry, haba, can people even see water to drink like this. . This isn't fair, alot of Nigerians are suffering
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Lavisha(f): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
there's water rushing in my apartment and that is what I used, I don't know if its safe or not but its the normal water in average Nigerian home.
Then somebody has done a very bad job cos a correct borehole will not produce such water.

It's either the plumber bypassed waters from an open Well or a river or gutter sef.
Anyways, whatever you do with that water, never ever drink from it or use any part for food processes cos that is pure contamination.

Happy Christmas!
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lebron7(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2021
Lavisha:

You see, there are millions of people living in PHC and %1 cannot tell the true story about Portable waters in the Metropolis.
For instance, I reside in Obajana, Kogi State@ Dangote Cement Factory (Largest Cement plant in Africa) and the harmattan did a great job by drying up some portable water sources coupled with Cement dusts everywhere.
That means I can easily fetch a muddy water and show the World but the true tale is; Clean Waters Abounds in Kogi.

So, I want to believe Clean Waters still plenty for PHC and there's no cause for alarm but the way you peeps are portraying it seems All waters in PHC are contaminated with soot which is very wrong.

I'ma Microbiologist tho.
What are you even saying
The soot is in the air and it settles on the floor and other surfaces so when you mop the water gets black
It's not rocket science Mr microbiologist

17 Likes

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lebron7(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2021
FarahAideed:

The illegal refineries?
Yes
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Lavisha(f): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2021
lebron7:

What are you even saying
The soot is in the air and it settles on the floor and other surfaces so when you mop the water gets black
It's not rocket science Mr microbiologist

Nah, Op is saying the Water itself is black before mopping.
How come?
Is that a rocket science?!
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by richmond500: 9:20am On Dec 25, 2021
Lavisha:

Then somebody has done a very bad job cos a correct borehole will not produce such water.

It's either the plumber bypassed waters from an open Well or a river or gutter sef.
Anyways, whatever you do with that water, never ever drink from it or use any part for food processes cos that is pure contamination.

Happy Christmas!
lol, the water in my apartment is clean just like average Nigerian home, I used it to cook too but I don't drink it
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lebron7(m): 9:21am On Dec 25, 2021
Lavisha:

How come?
That's not what he means.

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by richmond500: 9:22am On Dec 25, 2021
Lavisha:

How come?
that's not what I said o, maybe u got it wrong or I didn't pass the message well

Lebron7 that's not what I said
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Lavisha(f): 9:24am On Dec 25, 2021
lebron7:
That's not what he means.
Okay then, my error.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Lavisha(f): 9:25am On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
that's not what I said o, maybe u got it wrong or I didn't pass the message well

Lebron7 that's not what I said
Okay then..
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
does this look like a room to u?
Everyone is not living in an uncompleted building like u
Stop wasting your time on that fooool

1 Like

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Lavisha(f): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
lol, the water in my apartment is clean just like average Nigerian home, I used it to cook too but I don't drink it
Enjoy then..

We are battling Cement dust here, you enjoy your soot in PHC.

Naso the country dey.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Tomahawk99(m): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2021
TrackerXL:
Why not show were you got this from.
I won't be quick to judge anything with the mischief you people post on SM this days.
Oga sooth is almost everywhere in PH, a simple Google search will clear your doubts.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by nnamdi640: 10:43am On Dec 25, 2021
This is so sad. The so called FG used the resources in this region to develop the north just because the south-waste is behind them. I think it is high time you guys will write to any international body that will take this matter up. The more you guys take in this poisonous substances as air the danger to your health. Am sure the so called Omo Agege from south-south don't give a damn on what is happening there.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Permesso: 11:37am On Dec 25, 2021
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Permesso: 11:39am On Dec 25, 2021
This is real, northerners are not suffering from this resultant effect from oil industries we're passing through here. But the majority of it derivations are used to develop their region, while soot wants to kill people here. The air we breath in PHC is contaminated with Co2, carnon monoxide etc. I fear for peoples life as it expectancy will decrease each year.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by iscom(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
Really disturbing
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by elujah1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Result of doing clean up once in a year.
Says who?
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by dingbang(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
Sammy07:
Omo, can't live in this port Harcourt.

But it wasn't like this many years ago nah.
swears. Kpo fire business is now the order of the day.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by hysteresis: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lavisha:

Oga, that man was saying you could've shown us a full bucket of water and the source of the water.
E. g, where did you fetch it?!
Was it from a tap, well, borehole, river, gutter or where?!
Lol
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by mfm04622: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
Klimltdz:
That's Oil and Gas environmental degradation for you. The Un been warning us over the years, but no one gave them a listening ear.

This is just the first stage.

That is NOT the reason! The soot in Port Harcourt is due to illegal refining of crude oil! No legal refinery will polute the environment like that. Okay, do we even have a legal refinery that is functioning in Port Harcourt at the moment?

1 Like

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by mfm04622: 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
Permesso:
This is real, northerners are not suffering from this resultant effect from oil industries we're passing through here. But the majority of it derivations are used to develop their region, while soot wants to kill people here. The air we breath in PHC is contaminated with Co2, carnon monoxide etc. I fear for peoples life as it expectancy will decrease each year.

The cause of the soot is the illegal refining of stolen crude, which is carried out by indegenes of the area, not Northerners. They should tell their brothers to stop the crimes of bursting pipelines, stealing crude and illegally refining stolen crude! Simple

1 Like

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by flokii: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
This ain't funny atal.. you guys stand at risk of developing serious ailments over time including cancers and mutations if nothing is done to salvage the situation.

Where is NDDC?
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by PortHarcourt1st: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
Port Harcourt is the most polluted city in the world. I am ashamed of being a Rivers State indigene

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Rhozabeth(m): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
Klimltdz:
That's Oil and Gas environmental degradation for you. The Un been warning us over the years, but no one gave them a listening ear.

This is just the first stage.
Very well said theose bunkerers that cook diesel in nearby forest are the real menace in that area!
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lexy2014: 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
I returned to portharcourt last night to celebrate Xmas, but due to how tired I was, I couldn't clean the house so I had to do it this morning

I had to do some mopping today.

the blacksooth no be joke

What is the source of the water in the picture?

Is that how u fetched it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Rejects Cars Exxonmobil Donated / Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away / Man Jumps Into Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.