Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

2021 Christmas: Governor Emmanuel Wants More Prayers For Peace In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2021 Christmas: Governor Emmanuel Wants More Prayers For Peace In Nigeria (206 Views)

2023 Christmas: Governor Alia's Message To Benue People (photo) / President Buhari's 2021 Christmas Message / "We Will Not Abandon Our Promises:" Buhari's 2021 Christmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2021 Christmas: Governor Emmanuel Wants More Prayers For Peace In Nigeria by edikandavid(m): 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
Governor Udom Emmanuel has joined Christians in Akwa Ibom State to celebrate the 2021 Christmas with a renewed call for fervent prayers for peace in the various regions of Nigeria and appreciation of the peace enjoyed in the state.

The Governor was speaking at the 2021 Christmas Day Service, at United Evangelical Church, Awa Iman in Onna.

He said for Nigeria to attain the needed stability and progress in 2022, peace was inevitable and such peace, he added, does not just come but by efforts and sacrifices of some people behind the scenes.

Elucidating on the significance of Christmas, Governor Emmanuel, likened Nigeria's present situation to that of Judea before Christ came and prayed that the 2021 Christmas birth the needed help to reposition Nigeria in the coming 2022.

"Peace does not come by accident. Peace comes by prayers and the bible says we should pray for peace. That is why I always appreciate men of God who stand in the gap to pray for the peace of our land.

"Nigeria needs a lot of prayers, but my prayer is in accordance with the significance of Christmas. At a time Judah was in turmoil and the entire Israel in a state of confusion, Jesus was born and brought hope to mankind. So my prayer is as we are coming again into another political journey, may it be born to Nigeria, a child that will redeem and give peace to this country", the governor said.

He cautioned Akwa Ibom people against taking the peace enjoyed in the state for granted, attributing the celebrated developmental feats in the state to its peaceful and accommodating ambience.

"I use this opportunity to thank the pastors and the entire Church for praying for me and the entire government. People take things for granted, I don't do that. If you know what is going on in other places you'll thank God for the peace we enjoy here".

The resident Minister of the United Evangelical Church, Rev. Umoh Umoh, in a sermon titled "Immanuel: God with us", drawn from Matthew 1:21-23, said God created the heaven as his throne and the earth as a colony of his kingdom and placed man in it to replicate his will, but man lost his place and glory upon falling into sin. Hence the need for God to initiate a redemption plan through his son, the Christ.

Stressing the essence of Christmas celebrations, the Cleric proclaimed that the coming of Jesus as the Messiah brought forgiveness of sin, redemption from the curse of sin, restoration of righteousness, peace and joy in the earth, as God's colony.

Re: 2021 Christmas: Governor Emmanuel Wants More Prayers For Peace In Nigeria by Brimstone77: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2021

No amount of prayers will restore bring peace and unity in Nigeria..

Nigeria as a country is a sin against God him self..

Nigeria is gone..

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Force Again / Alleged Elimination Of Sunday Igboho, Koiki Opens Up / Igbo Group Kicks Against Endorsement Of Anyim For 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.