Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader (11126 Views)

A Youth & 2 Soldiers Killed In Izombe, Imo, 50 Houses Burnt / Gunmen Kill Okpe Denis Ijoko In Benue, Burn 50 Houses / Tinubu Family Takes Possession Of Land With 50 Houses In Surulere Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by EcoBrick: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2021
https://punchng.com/our-monarch-abductors-killed-four-burnt-50-houses-anambra-youth-leader/

Ikenna Obianeri

26 December 2021

The Youth Leader of Ogwuaniocha Community in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State, Mr Uche Onyedi, has said the kidnappers of its traditional ruler attacked the community on Friday night killing no fewer than four persons and burning over 50 houses.

Onyedi alleged that since the traditional ruler of the community, Igwe Oliver Nnaji, was abducted about six weeks ago, the kidnappers had been visiting the community and causing mayhem.

He disclosed that the corpses of the four persons killed were taking away while an elderly man was also taken away after the hoodlums burnt his house.

The elders of the community had staged a protest in Awka on Friday due to the level of insecurity in the place.

Speaking with our correspondent on Saturday, Onyedi said following the protest by members of the community, the men invaded the community again.

He said, “On Friday night, the men attacked our community and the vigilante team, killing four people and burning over 50 houses. They went away with the corpses and also took an elderly man away after burning down his house. Up until now, we don’t know where they took him to.

“Right now, as we are speaking, the men (hoodlums) are still parading the community with fuel and burning down houses. We have called on security agencies, none of them is responding.

“I called the Commissioner of Police and he said they were sending their men, but up until now, we have not seen any security personnel.

“We need government presence in our community because we are helpless. While people are celebrating Christmas today, our community is deserted because people are fleeing. We are likely considering staging another protest as the ones we have done are not yielding any desired results.”

Also speaking, the Secretary, Ogwuaniocha Community Association, Mr Chukwudioha Franklin, explained that the problem started since the discovery of oil in the community, which he alleged that the Lion Squad wanted to be in control of the proceeds.

Franklin accused the state government of only being interested in the oil and thereby playing “politics” with the people’s lives.

He said, “We have been sending messages to the state government and the security agencies to tell them to stop playing politicising with people’s lives and declare the abductors wanted, but all our pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

“I spoke with the SSG this (Saturday) morning, he told me that he had directed the security agents and that they are on top of it, but they are not on top of anything. The government is only interested in the oil that has been found in our community, which has made the state one of the oil producing states. They are not interested in protecting the lives of the people.

“We are seriously helpless. The government is nonchalant over our plight. Come to Ogwuaniocha today that is Christmas, it looks like a desert; the people are fleeing their homes. We are not celebrating. How can a small group of individuals kidnap a traditional ruler, till now, the government has not declared them wanted.

"All of them are interested in the oil, the government wanted to make the state an oil producing state which they have achieved through the discovery of oil in our community and the efforts of our abducted ruler, but they don’t care about the welfare of the people.

“As we speak, there is a faceoff between the abductors and the community’s vigilante group.”

When the police spokesman, Mr Ikenga Tochukwu, was contacted on the issue, he simply replied, “I have no information on this please.”

The calls to the phone number of the Secretary to the State Government, Solo Chukwulobelu was not picked as of the time of filing this report.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Whatever you might be thinking l am assuring you that..... grin

These same hoodlums definitely should be ipob/esn...of course..

Are they not the ones responsible for all nagging problem in south east...? grin grin

Ok.. if tacitly they were not the ones.. where were they while all these hooodlums were burning our houses? Just a question to ask ni

Insider the shell or behind the wall? grin grin grin

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Emmajn1: 7:51am On Dec 26, 2021
this is Fulani terrorist in action.

2 Likes

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Smithkafors(m): 7:52am On Dec 26, 2021
Una no dey tire for this kind news. Funny how the person that commented first will be no where to be found in things pertaining to their regions.
They are only interested in hearing bad news about a particular region whether true or propaganda while trying to squeeze in ipob to it.

They will never talk about any meaningful thing. This is the Nigerian we found ourselves in.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by AkalaJ: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2021
Smh. The curse of Oil discovery. How much oil dem discover for the community wey dem don already begin slaughter themselves??

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:
grin
I have observed that bloodshed and carnage always makes you very happy but I'm not surprised, you're an APC agent so nothing less than this is expected

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by DarkJeddi(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:
grin
Misery loves company..

For your mind..

You are hoping..

Anambra turns to one of your God forsaken..

Bandits and Bokoharam ravaged states..

In your lawless enclaves?

It's not in our character..

You will continue to be disappointed.. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by MickzyDonald: 8:06am On Dec 26, 2021
embarassed
WhatsApp me for your Facebook and Twitter accounts
09013577-425
Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by 360degreess(m): 8:07am On Dec 26, 2021
Cownu boys (unknown gunmen) at work..

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 8:08am On Dec 26, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Misery loves company..

For your mind..

You are hoping..

Anambra turns to one of your God forsaken..

Bandits and Bokoharam ravaged states..

In your lawless enclaves?

It's not in our character..

You will continue to be disappointed.. grin
insecurity in South east should at least be part of your worries... not me

Very soon Biafran"s flesh will be sold as meat in eatery

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by 360degreess(m): 8:09am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:

Are they not the ones responsible for all nagging problem in south east...? grin grin

Ok.. if tacitly they were not the ones.. where were they while all these hooodlums were burning our houses? Just a question to ask ni

Insider the shell or behind the war? grin grin grin

.. You are right but their online miscreants won't agree with you

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
I have observed that bloodshed and carnage always makes you very happy but I'm not surprised, you're an APC agent so nothing less than this is expected
just as you are PDP agent... Me too nothing less than this is expected.

By the time the ipob terrorists start to sell human flesh at eatery in South east .. u go understand me more better... grin

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by 2special(m): 8:11am On Dec 26, 2021
If this happen in the west, some f..ools
will say Tinubu is the one burning property, he wants to take over the territory.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by DarkJeddi(m): 8:12am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:
insecurity in South east should at least be part of your worries... not me

Very soon Biafran"s flesh will be sold as meat in eatery
Lol..

And yet you are here masturbating?

Have you tackled the insecurities in your god forsaken North?

Every day..

They murder more people there than are killed in a year in the East?

And yet you are HERE shining teeth?

Take your own advice..

And worry about all the atrocities going on in your backyard..

You HYPOCRITE!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 8:17am On Dec 26, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Lol..

Every day..

Take your own advice..

You HYPOCRITE!
who told you l am from the north... My region is more safer than yours. Glory be to God

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by DarkJeddi(m): 8:18am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:
who told you l am from the north... My region is more safer than yours. Glory be to God
Oh!

You are no longer from the North?

Hallelujah grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 8:19am On Dec 26, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Lol..

Every day..

Take your own advice..

You HYPOCRITE!
who told you l am from the north... My region is more safer than yours. Glory be to God.

Don't you see me l love smiling grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by DEROX: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2021
grin its tinubu doing it we will go to bourdillion to bring his head

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Oh!

You are no longer from the North?

Hallelujah grin
you can't smile like me cos ur backyard is burning grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 8:24am On Dec 26, 2021
360degreess:
.. You are right but their online miscreants won't agree with you
thank you bro..

By the time they themselves start eating human flesh at eatery.. they go understand

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by DarkJeddi(m): 8:25am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:
you can't smile like me cos ur backyard is burning grin grin
When I want to smile..

I smile because good things are happening in the world I live in..

Not because of another man's misery..

Keep smiling..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 8:27am On Dec 26, 2021
DarkJeddi:
When I want to smile..

I smile because good things are happening in the world I live in..

Not because of another man's misery..

which world u dey ?outside south east

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by DarkJeddi(m): 8:28am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:
which world u dey ?outside south east
I live on Earth..

I don't know where you are coming from?

Maybe Jupiter..
Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 26, 2021
Ibo

3 Likes

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Homeboiy: 8:31am On Dec 26, 2021
Video or issa lie

2 Likes

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Abdul05: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2021
DarkJeddi:
I live on Earth..

I don't know where you are coming from?

Maybe Jupiter..
grin grin bro thank you any way enjoy ur xmas .. don't support flesh eaters.. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by LILTJAY: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2021
Whatever happens in AfghanEASTERN should stay in AfghanEASTERN. . E nor concern us for nigeria nairaland grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by DarkJeddi(m): 8:36am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:
grin grin bro thank you any way enjoy ur xmas .. don't support flesh eaters.. grin
Like I said..

Keep smiling..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by Sunday2021: 8:56am On Dec 26, 2021
When you break hardened criminals from prison what do you expect? I believe the monarch is among the people that were celebrating when kanu and his unknown gunmen attacks security outfits and break prison for these hardened criminals to escape.
I remember when kanu said that no one should be in prison since buhari is not in prison. I saw millions of igbos liking his post.
Some people even said that since the launching of ESN peace has finally returned to the east.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by omenkaLives(m): 9:02am On Dec 26, 2021
This is terrible.

When Kanu said he'd be bringing hell to Nigeria, I now understand what he meant. He was referring to South East. cry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by adamsmith914: 9:05am On Dec 26, 2021
Abdul05:

Insider the shell or behind the war? grin grin grin

It is them ipob, if any malu was even spotted in the vicinity grazing, Sahara Reporters would have been quick to shout Herdsmen?

5 Likes

Re: Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader by adamsmith914: 9:08am On Dec 26, 2021
Sunday2021:
When you break hardened criminals from prison what do you expect? I believe the monarch is among the people that were celebrating when kanu and his unknown gunmen attacks security outfits and break prison for these hardened criminals to escape.
I remember when kanu said that no one should be in prison since buhari is not in prison. I saw millions of igbos liking his post.
Some people even said that since the launching of ESN peace has finally returned to the east.
Same way ipobians were jubilating during Endsars, they would rather prefer bandits to law enforcement?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drama As Lawyers Clash Over A’ibom Senatorial Seat / Gunmen Shoot People In Twon Brass, Bayelsa Over Political Tussle (Photos) / Edo PDP Crisis: Etsako Suspends Mike Ogiadhome Over Anti-Party Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.