Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Is This Job A Blessing Or Set Back? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is This Job A Blessing Or Set Back? (358 Views)

Has Delay Or Waiting Been A Blessing Or A Curse To You? / How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) / Is My Job A Scam!!!!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Job A Blessing Or Set Back? by Psalmistproject: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2021
I resigned from my previous job around June this year as I needed time and concentration to work on a business model I was trying to build.
As usual, my wife was anxious and worried about the financial flow in the house though she works but I earned higher than her. She's of the opinion that I stay with my current job while I'm working on whatever I have to work on but my nature is not built that way. I do a lot of thinking whenever I have a project to create or manage and my employed job drains me mentally so I can't share the brain for now to equally attend to my job and plans and still achieve needed productivity
So I told her "Nwanyi oma, don't worry, I have to do this. We can't depend on people's jobs for our retirement. Yes spendings have to be limited but give me 2months I should be done planning and making consultations then I will look for another job even if it pays lower, I will take it at least by then I wouldn't require intense planning anymore just phone call follow ups and monies changing hands."
She was not having it still but I understand she is concerned for what is enjoyed today so I quit still.
Two months down, most of the ideas have been developed and a business plan ready. Consultations made but some of the needful partners are not stable, so we keep rescheduling and rescheduling making me extend timelines.
Finally I was done! I have my formula ready. Partners/investors gave me a timeframe of two months plus to enable them gather needed resources so we can kick off.
However it's been 3months to 4 months of being out of a regular employment so I am ready to job hunt.
I will not say the kine nonsense wey i see job hunting. In fact, on one occasion, I landed in one health products networking circus seeing them posting my job field in their vacancies and inviting me for interview.
Finally,about two weeks ago, I got a call for a job. It wasn't paying as high as my previous but the position is good. I started but just 2 days into the job I started getting calls with high prospects from my partners about our business project. Im trying to manage both my new job and my emerging project but my new job is mentally demanding and I want to impress my new boss.
At this point I don't know how to plan things simultaneously If my partners calls, I can't just resign because my business plan was to be established in Enugu State while I am currently working in Portharcourt. I'm also holding a very sensitive position in my new office that any sudden movement it will affect the company and I will be sued or arrested.
Please guys what do you think?
Re: Is This Job A Blessing Or Set Back? by RepoMan007: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2021
You resigned to plan for an idea? The idea should be in form of existing business before your quit.
Re: Is This Job A Blessing Or Set Back? by sageb: 8:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Psalmistproject:
I resigned from my previous job around June this year as I needed time and concentration to work on a business model I was trying to build.
As usual, my wife was anxious and worried about the financial flow in the house though she works but I earned higher than her. She's of the opinion that I stay with my current job while I'm working on whatever I have to work on but my nature is not built that way. I do a lot of thinking whenever I have a project to create or manage and my employed job drains me mentally so I can't share the brain for now to equally attend to my job and plans and still achieve needed productivity
So I told her "Nwanyi oma, don't worry, I have to do this. We can't depend on people's jobs for our retirement. Yes spendings have to be limited but give me 2months I should be done planning and making consultations then I will look for another job even if it pays lower, I will take it at least by then I wouldn't require intense planning anymore just phone call follow ups and monies changing hands."
She was not having it still but I understand she is concerned for what is enjoyed today so I quit still.
Two months down, most of the ideas have been developed and a business plan ready. Consultations made but some of the needful partners are not stable, so we keep rescheduling and rescheduling making me extend timelines.
Finally I was done! I have my formula ready. Partners/investors gave me a timeframe of two months plus to enable them gather needed resources so we can kick off.
However it's been 3months to 4 months of being out of a regular employment so I am ready to job hunt.
I will not say the kine nonsense wey i see job hunting. In fact, on one occasion, I landed in one health products networking circus seeing them posting my job field in their vacancies and inviting me for interview.
Finally,about two weeks ago, I got a call for a job. It wasn't paying as high as my previous but the position is good. I started but just 2 days into the job I started getting calls with high prospects from my partners about our business project. Im trying to manage both my new job and my emerging project but my new job is mentally demanding and I want to impress my new boss.
At this point I don't know how to plan things simultaneously If my partners calls, I can't just resign because my business plan was to be established in Enugu State while I am currently working in Portharcourt. I'm also holding a very sensitive position in my new office that any sudden movement it will affect the company and I will be sued or arrested.
Please guys what do you think?

Follow up your Business plan/proposal but don't quit the job until you have finalize the business deal.
I am in PH and I know how it is with regards to job hunting and job agencies.
Look before you leap.

1 Like

Re: Is This Job A Blessing Or Set Back? by flames007(m): 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
Sometime, patience is a virtue- one that you're lacking in.

Just quit the job somehow and focus on your passion. Tell them you're sick or something.

(1) (Reply)

Study In UK / 5 Major Scholarships Young Africans Should Enrol In 2022 / 5 Eye-opening Tips To Use While Hiring A Commercial Electrical Contractor In Pal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.