Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired (55237 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by pepericozi: 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2021
Police, FRSC and other agents have no conscience.

They have powers but there is no brain
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by frowland(m): 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
donklens:
simple question why do manufacturers not putting expiry date in tyres? Answer this and that solves all the arguments or is ur own type carrying expiry date?

There is expiry date on tires brother. I can take a picture of my car and show you now. Everyone who have actually bought brand new tires knows this.
Am not saying it's a road safety issue but tires do have expiry date.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Ezemarcel(m): 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
Doctortyre:
You are part of Nigeria problems ... See his mouth like what ? People making laws doesn't respect the law .... Oga sue them for one billion jare
most times you guys don't reason before talking....sue them for what exactly....same offense he committed or what

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by frog12: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
you mean if you use the tyre.

Candidlady:

icant tell! But iknow life span of a new tyre should be btw 3 to 4yrz(thanks to our mech)! Am not really an auto person but ilove speed
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by frog12: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
maybe you misunderstand the meaning of the numbers written on the tyres

Sleekfingers:

Tyres has expiration dates. Most nigerians don't know ....as a matter of fact, all those imported used tyres don expire. Some new tyres , also get expired in the sellers shop.
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by omanzo02: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2021
GetMeRight:

Na English dey worry u. Every item manufactured deteriorates with time, that's why there's definite time for which it's allowed to be used or consumed. For tyres in Nigeria, it's four years from the month of manufacturing

There are big difference in regulatory recommendations between consumable and non consumable items..... manufacturing dates are standard for record purposes, a tyre in the warehouse manufactured 10 years ago that have not been subjected to load and torques still retain 98% of its properties and good enough for usage. I have experience qualities and regulations in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, profile dept, wear and tear/deterioration are indices used to recommend changes.
New vehicles oil changes is for the first 24 months or 30000km or which come first, there after once every year, but a Nigerian mechanic will say every 3 months lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by akwunomy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
Like they really arrested him for Tyre….Nigeria is really a funny place…is that the law…

In Civil Society….If a cop notice that your tyre is not good…They will give you a notice to go and fix it and return back to any High WAy Patrol office for confirmation..,,
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by ShenTeh(m): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2021
bobbiiee:
smiley

What you have on the tyre is the date of manufacturing, not the expiry date. It's 4 digit. The first-two numbers represents the week, while the last two digits represents the year the tyre was manufactured. Mine was manufactured on second February, 2021.

In some countries, they expect their tyres to last for 6 years. Here, because our roads are bad, and the quality of some of the tyres we buy is poor, the lifespan is pegged at 4 years.

What road safety officers do when checking is to look for the day the tyre was manufactured, and add 4 years to it.

Read more on car and drive.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.caranddriver.com/news/amp15339994/how-long-should-a-new-set-of-tires-last/

Before any authority can arrest and prosecute anyone, there should be a law against it. The point is there is no law in Nigeria that puts that into perspective.

Technically, it means it is not a crime. Which in my opinion, is very correct.

Tyres only have manufacture date not expiry date.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by ShenTeh(m): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
frowland:

There is expiry date on tires brother. I can take a picture of my car and show you now. Everyone who have actually bought brand new tires knows this.

I'm interested. Please show us picture of expiry date on your tyres.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Truvelisback(m): 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
When the accuser is also guilty.
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Testimony1988(m): 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Hmmmm.
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Originalsly: 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
donklens:

Please where is the expiry date written there? So if drive ur car once in a while due to nature of ur work, within the year u mentioned it tyre will expire or u bought a new tyre and started using it after a year or more the tyre might have expired, tyres are not consumable goods that expires

Have you ever seen car tyres sheared on the road?... the traction part separated from the body of the tyre? Have you ever seen hardly used tyres cracked along the sides? Have you ever seen people wear brand new looking shoes that fall apart? Like shoes .... tyres become dry rot or weak over time..... most times the cause of blow outs and shearing. 6 to ten years max from date of manufacture is the expiry time for a tyre..... depending on a lot of factors. Disregard dates and you can be risking your life as well as others.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Originalsly: 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
omanzo02:

There are big difference in regulatory recommendations between consumable and non consumable items..... manufacturing dates are standard for record purposes, a tyre in the warehouse manufactured 10 years ago that have not been subjected to load and torques still retain 98% of its properties and good enough for usage.

A tyre sitting for ten years is about dry rot .... the type that will blow out on the road and many 2ill he wondering how can that happen to a brand new tyre?... it must be the work of village people
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Yasco73: 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
#FRCN practice what you preach.
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by MMWandali: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kellydavies:
MTN DATA PLANS @CHEAPER RATES.
500mb @ #180
1.00GB @ #350
1.5GB @ #500
2.00GB @ $650
5.00GB @ #1650
10.00GB @ # 3100
Note: All data plans are valid for 30 days.

How person go get
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by ultiabaz36(m): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
illicit:

Like what undecided
Like she them grin grin grin
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by phenase(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
grin grin grin WE CALL IT. ONE,ONE 1- 1

FRSC 1 MAN-ARRESTED 1
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by tonee45: 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
I believe the officials did that because they were not given bribe and everything else about the car is intact and that's the only thing they can think up.

With all due respect road safety has failed as long as we still have scrappy public transport buses with incomplete/no lights on the road carrying numbers of people, yet they they go after private vehicles looking for "I don't know what"
#injusticeeverywherein9ja

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Doctortyre: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
They both on the same offence
Ezemarcel:
most times you guys don't reason before talking....sue them for what exactly....same offense he committed or what
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by 9icetoo(m): 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
aycapri:
really, are you saying the makers don’t know what they are doing by putting an exp date? Please let’s be factual before coming out to post public.
Please show me one tyre that has an expiry date stamped on it. Just one.
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Gbemini(m): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
Ademola47:
Nothing we no go see in this country grin

As reported by The Nation:

that frsc tyre didnt not expire ... That go15 is the numbers to check

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Tycyborg(m): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
123readygo:
Hmmmmmm
Nobody should cajole you into believing that tyre has expiration date...

yes it has expiry date... google it to confirm
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Venymen(m): 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kellydavies:
500mb @ #180
1.00GB @ #350
1.5GB @ #500
2.00GB @ $650
5.00GB @ #1650
10.00GB @ # 3100
ur digits bro
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Tycyborg(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
frowland:

show them this so they can learn... this is from bridgestone tyre site

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Tycyborg(m): 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
9icetoo:

Please show me one tyre that has an expiry date stamped on it. Just one.

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Tycyborg(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
ShenTeh:

I'm interested. Please show us picture of expiry date on your tyres.

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Nmezor(f): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
When the hunter becomes the prey smiley
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Tycyborg(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
frog12:
maybe you misunderstand the meaning of the numbers written on the tyres

Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Udure2468: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
Buffalo2:
No be today nah. I did same some years ago and we all laughed it over. When I was confronted with the allegation I subtly asked them to allow me check theirs which their Oga granted and at the end of the day they also fell victim. After that we shifted the blame to "NIGERIA" as usual grin
������
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by Tpharell: 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=Tycyborg post=108832643][/quote]
So there are no expiry date stamped on tyres which is why you have yet to post a picture as someone earlier challenged you to, but resorted to these explanations which are tenable. Tires have shelf life within which they are in best condition, even if not in use. As such tyres cannot be stored or used indefinitely because it does not show serious wear.
Re: Man Arrested For Using Expired Tyre Discovers FRSC's Van Tyres were also Expired by ourleader(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kellydavies:
500mb @ #180
1.00GB @ #350
1.5GB @ #500
2.00GB @ $650
5.00GB @ #1650
10.00GB @ # 3100

DO YOU HAVE FOR GLO AND AIRTEL LINES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Land Rover Is Rebuilding 1970s Range Rovers For The Wealthy (photos) / Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why / Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.