Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Is This The Cause Of Marital Failure? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This The Cause Of Marital Failure? (181 Views)

My Senior Colleague And His Wife's Messy Marital Life. Things Are Happening / Is This The Cause Of Marital Failure? / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Cause Of Marital Failure? by ThiagoKid(m): 6:52am On Dec 27, 2021
I remember back in the 70's, 80's, and in the 90's when it was very rare to find a broken home/marriage. Divorce/separation wasn't a day-to-day affair.
I think i can say with conviction that the marriage institution was sacred and unadulterated; which was what made marriage appealing.

In the past, before a man can think of giving his commitment to a lady, virginity was, mostly; the prerequisite, and all other things shall be added unto it. And, if the said intending married man sees nothing wrong in his woman not being a virgin, his family won't wholeheartedly accept, not talk of welcoming the said non-virgin lady into their home.
Some parents will, as a matter of fact, return the lady back to her parents. A thing of shame!

Rape or ravish was an uncommon incident. Our society was safe.
Men were virgins, women were virgins. Heaven is the goal; but, in this scenario: chastity is the goal.
And then, there was nothing like a lady requesting or demanding money from men. There was this level of contentment and self discipline/control.

Virginity, i will say, reflect one's character, upbringing, uprightness, level of chastity, etc. What is marriage when the bed is defiled? And, of the truth, virginity can not alone uphold a marriage. Who doesn't know that?

Now, in this so called liberal time, having sex before ejaculation last than marriage where you can get married today, divorce/separate tomorrow -- such is the state of today's marriage crisis.
But, what change? It was never like this in time past.

When i think deeply into this, the ONLY thing that change was...was...virginity! It ALL boils down to virginity.
Okay, you just said characters and upbringing defers. Fine!
But i beseech you, pray tell, if characters is what uphold marriage, why then has separations/divorces skyrocketed in this liberal times, but the same cannot be said in the past?

In the time past, men and women were virgins = sacred marriage structure

Liberal times, men and women threw virginity out the window = collapsed marriage structure.

This is the only written way i can verbalize/convey my thoughts.
Re: Is This The Cause Of Marital Failure? by StreetFight: 7:04am On Dec 27, 2021
This is what civilization has caused.

The same white pigs that brought Christianity to us are the one telling us that Sex is the ultimate goal in life. They start teaching their children how to satisfy each other right from primary school. They are even forcing nations to legalize homosexualism. Useless instruments of Satan.
Re: Is This The Cause Of Marital Failure? by ThiagoKid(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2021
StreetFight:
This is what civilization has caused.
True

The same white pigs that brought Christianity to us
I beg to differ on this, though. But continue.

are the one telling us that Sex is the ultimate goal in life. They start teaching their children how to satisfy each other right from primary school. They are even forcing nations to legalize homosexualism. Useless instruments of Satan.
@bolded grin grin can you imagine?

(1) (Reply)

Start An Oil Perfume Business Today (original Fragrances From Top Global Brands) / My TRIP TO LAGOS On Official Business | Travel Vlog / Premature Ejaculation- Symptoms And Home Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.