Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents (32482 Views)

Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video) / Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) / “Next Cash And Carry” To Open In Port Harcourt, Nigeria’s Biggest Mall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Kaymatt0001(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2021
Not all Nigerians are bad as mostly described
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by ibechris(m): 10:50am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
They are not wise

In ur wisdom u are still poor even poorer than ur father.
Think about this to find out where ur problems come from?

1 Like

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Zimzy(m): 10:50am On Dec 27, 2021
God bless the kind hearted Nigerians.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Ganzoh: 10:50am On Dec 27, 2021
The irony about this gesture is if the owner of the outlet is a politician in charge of welfare of the same set of people that helped in moving those goods he would loot the economy and leave people to suffer....so sad
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Edusouls(m): 10:50am On Dec 27, 2021
Kudos to my fellow real men for always saving the situation since Gods creation, one justification why he made us in his own image and centred his creation around Adam the chosen one...

3 Likes

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by atiku4President(m): 10:50am On Dec 27, 2021
yanabasee2:

So they should've looted the items?

The mentality that we exhume as Nigeria is the reason our leaders are misguiding us....

Seems we're only good at destroying other people's wealth....

Do you think that you'd get rich by looting those items?
A lot of people here are mentally sick so you don't have respond to every comment.

2 Likes

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Amuluonyenaego: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
They are not wise
U just wan trend on Nairaland today abi, mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2021
So there are good people left in this country..I thought we are only few....

Just imagine if this happens in South Africa..
Them go don dey knack untop that bed for za oza room

1 Like

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Enny2013(f): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Fear MEDIA reporters.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2021
MartinCorridon:
There are few good Nigerians left.

Yorubas have a saying " what you steal wouldn't lead to any breakthrough "
that saying na fake. Nigerian politicians, yahoo boys, corrupt civil servants have all defeated this erroneous statement.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by lexy2014: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2021
sinkhole:
So, there is still some sanity left in Nigeria?
I am impressed wink

there was a thread opened yday with a video of people moving goods out of the mall during the fire and the thread/youtube video concluded that they were looters. some of us didnt agree. when i saw the fire, i said to myself, its better those goods are looted than for them to be consumed by that fire
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by obafemi04(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2021
First time in a very long time that I’m happy with our conduct as Nigerians. This solitary act is quite commendable, God will reward everyone that was involved in helping out during the incident.

1 Like

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by RussellRutherfo: 10:53am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
They are not wise

Funny how you don't apply your Nairaland personal text to your words:

Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve the silence?

grin

2 Likes

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by nedekid: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
They are not wise
Let's hear from your mouth what you would have done "wiser" . shocked
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Rebuke: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2021
Good one. I am so proud of he display of such kindness bu the locals.

Unfortunately, most times some people see this as an opportunity to loot, and I keep wondering their orientations.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by larryking540: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2021
Belawy:
U're supposed to be arrested,jailed
I will still keep advocating,let our social media be censored ,and chat should be traceable

1 Like

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by PAQ(m): 10:58am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
They are not wise

People like you with this mindset are part of our problem in this country. Only 5 of you in power will destroy this country & i am sure you have insulted Buhari this morning. CAN U SEE YOURSELF!
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by PotatoSalad(m): 10:58am On Dec 27, 2021
magicminister:
Kudos to the good Nigerians.
I used to be comfortable being rich and taking care of my family but I’ve come to realize until we have a thriving country, we are all poor!!! No matter how much dangote has, he’s a poor man!’
A country is only as rich as her citizens.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Tomilola360: 10:59am On Dec 27, 2021
yanabasee2:

The mentality that we exhume as Nigeria is the reason our leaders are misguiding us....

The guy is an eediot.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by iykejohnson(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2021
Baawaa:
They are not wise
Poor thinking faculty
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Poopypants: 10:59am On Dec 27, 2021
Khaleepha5681:
Good one from Nigerians

If this happens in Biafra...
the biafrans you call make up most of Abuja
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Poopypants: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2021
Patrioticman007:
Good that the touts were caught & goods recovered.
read to understand and don’t just comment
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Poopypants: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2021
Angelfrost:
Thank God for Abuja and Northern locals....

God forbid say fire catch ShopRite for Owerri or Lagos... Lemme hear that locals 'helped' remove goods and keep them somewhere safe for the owners!

The day that happens in the South is the day iroko trees start sprouting in the Sahara!!! undecided
i live in Abuja . The northern locals in Abuja are actually in the minority. Southerners occupy Abuja majorly
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by phemmyfour: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2021
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by macrodata(m): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2021
jmoore:
Multi billion naira investment with no smoke detector?

Fire alarm/smoke detector costs 4,700-16,000 naira.

Let's assume 4 smoke detectors covers a size of one plot. If the total size of the land is 100 plots, 400 smoke detectors will be installed.

400 x 16,000 naira = 6.4 million naira

Or

400 x 4,700 naira = 1.8 million naira
I have a feeling this fire was intentionally started. There's no way a fire would start from an electrical spark or flammable item that wouldn't get detected early. After all, there were staff in the building. But if it was started with the intention of burning down the building then there must've been an ignition that would make all staff run for safety as first response.

Also know that malls and even small stores try as much to be fireproof as possible by carefully placing combustible materials in a secured environment. I doubt that a big company as this would ignore safety requirements and still pay for insurance every month.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Bankalert(m): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2021
Curious345:
Sad.

Workers set the place abalze and then looted it dry.

Am amazed THAT this massive investment have not a well defined security layers ...

Just worrysome

Nigeria fire service are not doing their job.

They are even more scared of the Fire than we are ..

They stand afar off and direct their low pressure hose on the fire . No attempt to get in and be heroic.

They are just pouring water and they want to be seen to be doing just that .

I have never heard a Nigeria fire service official loose his life in trying to save a soul from a fire or put out a fire .

Their counterparts overseas should teach them how this job is done plzzz
and if they lose their life, how are they repayed? Their entitlements are embezzled... Their pension and gratuity are hijacked or not paid in time... Nobody wan die for Naija matter abeg.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by baggioni: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2021
What Of The Ones Lost to Looters
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by jamesversion: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2021
Curious345:
Sad.

Workers set the place abalze and then looted it dry.

Am amazed THAT this massive investment have not a well defined security layers ...
Just worrysome

Nigeria fire service are not doing their job.

They are even more scared of the Fire than we are ..

They stand afar off and direct their low pressure hose on the fire . No attempt to get in and be heroic.

They are just pouring water and they want to be seen to be doing just that .

I have never heard a Nigeria fire service official loose his life in trying to save a soul from a fire or put out a fire .

Their counterparts overseas should teach them how this job is done plzzz

Keep blabbing, like you can die for anyone in Nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Joshcoli(m): 11:04am On Dec 27, 2021
Insurance... If the place is insured they need not worry
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by FreeStuffsNG: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2021
yanabasee2:

No leader is misguiding anyone. You take responsibility for your actions.
Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Sunday2021: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2021
That is why I like the north. Had it been this thing happened in the East, I swear Peter obi wouldn't have gotten even one Kobo of goods.

1 Like

Re: Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2021
film3four:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42SYUT6pvY

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX-cch-NkBy/?utm_medium=copy_link

Wish bloggers can be jailed with severe punishment. Instead of them to help, they will hastily bring out their outdated phones and start spewing rubbish.

Good job to the wonderful citizens who tried to evacuate those goods to the safe place. Kudos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over / Bishop T.D. Jakes Prays For Folorunso Alakija (Photos) / ₦‎1 Trillion Old Notes Received By CBN, Banks - Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.