Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. (1568 Views)

I See My Wife As Another Man's Wife. / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2021
Good day, Fellas. Nowadays, marriages are no longer the way they were in the past. In the past, Love and intimacy were really genuine. The word Love, marriage or intimacy is gradually dying. Nowadays, many people get married to just to bear children, some just For the sex or to satisfy their sexual desire, some just for the money, etc. Sadly after achieving all these above, marriages becomes so dull. If someone says Love or marriage is a scam or it doesn't exist, i may say the person is right because of what marriages are like, nowadays. If u have anything to say, take this mic.

1 Share

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Kriss216: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2021
Marriage is overrated.

Marriage favours women more. Marriage is one of the tools women use to trap men down.

Aside procreation, marriage with a Nigerian girl is useless as the P in psychology!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 9:36am On Dec 27, 2021
Kriss216:
Marriage is overrated.

Marriage favours women more. Marriage is one of the tools women use to trap men down.

Aside procreation, marriage with a Nigerian girl is useless!
I have lost that marital excitement. The motives or drives behind many getting married nowadays has just pissed me off. Even if i get married today, i doubt if that excitement will be there, except for just bearing children and sex.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Kriss216: 9:40am On Dec 27, 2021
Truvelisback:
I have lost that marital Exitement.
You're on the right track.

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Patented: 9:45am On Dec 27, 2021
Marriage is not the problem. People are the problem. Marriage is just where the problems that have always existed manifest in some of their ugliest forms. Marriage removes the facade and reveals real character. You marry a nonsense person you will see nonsense. If you are a nonsense person, marriage will show your nonsense

The truth is a lot of people are just horrible these days simple. Marriage does not make them horrible, they just are.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 9:51am On Dec 27, 2021
Kriss216:
Marriage is overrated.

Aside procreation, marriage with a Nigerian girl is useless as the P in psychology!
Not just men alone, women suffer the same too.

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 10:10am On Dec 27, 2021
Patented:
Marriage is not the problem. People are the problem. Marriage is just where the problems that have always existed manifest in some of their ugliest forms. Marriage removes the facade and reveals real character. You marry a nonsense person you will see nonsense. If you are a nonsense person, marriage will show your nonsense

The truth is a lot of people are just horrible these days simple. Marriage does not make them horrible, they just are.
This is why marriage could be overrated. Now look at the pics below as an illustration. What is behind the love of this girl for the pig?

1 Share

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by odinson1(m): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2021
Marriage has become the Avenue where the modern Retired PROSTITUTE cashes out on a man's Naivety and Stupidity.

A Woman's only Objective in this Life,is to Look for an Unfortunate Simp(a pussy Slave) who she will lock down with marriage,milk him dry till Old age. During his Years in the marriage,the Slave works morning till night all day to provide for the Retired PROSTITUTE and Her children,while she of course sits down at home watching TV and Eating like an Elephant. Then you wonder why after marriage,the man gets thinner while the woman Get fatter. This is because the Woman is Constantly draining the slave,sucking him dry while Giving him the illusion of "love". She gives this illusion of love by Rewarding the slave with sex once every four months.

When the slave gets tired out and dies,she And her children gets to Inherit from his Sweat and hardwork,while he lays in the grave rotting away.

And it's even worse when the Slave gets married to a single Mother who was a PROSTITUTE during her hoe phase.

Men, don't be stubborn! You won't die if you are single. Don't get married so you can enjoy the rest of your days in peace,free of nagging, constant headache and bills. You can of course have children without the need of getting married to a retired PROSTITUTE. But even if you still want to get married, please i beg to make sure you get married to a Virgin. At least that way,you are sure you aren't getting married to a retired PROSTITUTE

5 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by efficiencie(m): 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. Nowadays, marriages are no longer the way they were in the past. In the past, Love and intimacy were really genuine. The word Love, marriage or intimacy is gradually dying. Nowadays, many people get married to just to bear children, some just For the sex or to satisfy their sexual desire, some just for the money, etc. Sadly after achieving all these above, marriages becomes so dull. If someone says Love or marriage is a scam or it doesn't exist, i may say the person is right because of what marriages are like, nowadays. If u have anything to say, take this mic.

Well the Bible prophesied this era:

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

If we don't love God, we won't heed His commandments and if we don't heed His commandments we won't love our neighbors and if we don't love our neighbors how will we love our spouses? Nowadays many go into marriages with horrendous secrets only for the secrets to exposed later and the marriage ends. Extra marital affairs are now a normal thing with many young unmarried guys seeing the advantage in sleeping with married women and vice versa. Vows are easily broken and soon enough vows will be scrapped entirely since no one is really obligated to fulfil them. Marriage is now an economic good. A man's income not his character or personality is the determinant of the acceptance of his marriage proposal. Men nowadays don't even have a criteria for marriage they just see a lady with substantial yansh and booby and boom they are married only to divorce her a week later because she snores at night.

Unfortunately it will keep getting worse until the world reaches a breaking point.

3 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by ImaIma1(f): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Patented:

So much sense and fact in one post. Apt.
People are the problem, not marriage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by fineboynl(m): 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2021
What before American 3 decades ago is already happening here in Nigeria in the last decade or so, it was really fast due to the internet. Americans now prefer baby mama. Check out American billionaires you will see that marriage has reach it usefulness in that country.

Sadly that is what will happen in Nigeria years to come. People can now see whats good for them and not what the society thinks.

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
ImaIma1:

It is people that make up the marriage. It's more like try and luck now. Na only God go help man pikin.

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
thank God I have decided not to get married....me and myself alone

2 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by adebayour26: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2021
The funniest or annoying part of it is the grandeur and expensive wedding events people are putting up these days only, to fold up the marriage in less than a year baffles.

On the wedding day or before that, you'd see both the guy & the lady posting pictures (pre-wedding pix), LOML as if that's how it will always be but boom before you know it, one of them don chop breakfast and the next thing you see is "men are scum" grin

This shit scares me a lot.

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by LesbianBoy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
Marriage is becoming a scam for men angry

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Biglittlelois(f): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2021
Patented:

kiss

3 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2021
Marriage is not over rated o... Tahhhhhhhh

That feeling of having a companion. A person you can grow in life with, comfortably have sex with, go out together, sleep on same bed, Damn!!! The joy is endless..

"Only for moral individuals though"

If you meet the right person and have something doing, please don't hesitate to get married.....

4 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by GboyegaD(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2021
odinson1:
Marriage has become the Avenue where the modern Retired PROSTITUTE cashes out on a man's Naivety and Stupidity.

A Woman's only Objective in this Life,is to Look for an Unfortunate Simp(a pussy Slave) who she will lock down with marriage,milk him dry till Old age. During his Years in the marriage,the Slave works morning till night all day to provide for the Retired PROSTITUTE and Her children,while she of course sits down at home watching TV and Eating like an Elephant. Then you wonder why after marriage,the man gets thinner while the woman Get fatter. This is because the Woman is Constantly draining the slave,sucking him dry while Giving him the illusion of "love". She gives this illusion of love by Rewarding the slave with sex once every four months.

When the slave gets tired out and dies,she And her children gets to Inherit from his Sweat and hardwork,while he lays in the grave rotting away.

And it's even worse when the Slave gets married to a single Mother who was a PROSTITUTE during her hoe phase.

Men, don't be stubborn! You won't die if you are single. Don't get married so you can enjoy the rest of your days in peace,free of nagging, constant headache and bills. You can of course have children without the need of getting married to a retired PROSTITUTE. But even if you still want to get married, please i beg to make sure you get married to a Virgin. At least that way,you are sure you aren't getting married to a retired PROSTITUTE

Does this include all the females in your family?

In a bid to sound smart, you exposed yourself to be the clown you are.

4 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by GboyegaD(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
adebayour26:
The funniest or annoying part of it is the grandeur and expensive wedding events people are putting up these days only, to fold up the marriage in less than a year baffles.

On the wedding day or before that, you'd see both the guy & the lady posting pictures (pre-wedding pix), LOML as if that's how it will always be but boom before you know it, one of them don chop breakfast and the next thing you see is "men are scum" grin

This shit scares me a lot.

The grandeur isn't new. In the days of our parents, it was even more. They usually spent at least 2 weeks to celebrate their wedding. They do native law and custom on a weekend different from that of the white wedding.

Like someone said, marriage isn't the problem but the people.

3 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2021
ImaIma1:

I wish i could upvote the guy 1000times

2 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Marriage is not over rated o... Tahhhhhhhh

That feeling of having a companion. A person you can grow in life with, comfortably have sex with, go out together, sleep on same bed, Damn!!! The joy is endless..

"Only for moral individuals though"

If you meet the right person and have something doing, please don't hesitate to get married.....
U are right abt the joy meeting the right person. Note: A fake person may appear to be real to u until after marriage then u will start seeing their true colours. However, i am talking abt the motives behind many nowadays marriages. That genuine affection is missing. some guys go into marriage because the lady has a big ass, nice boobs, etc, some ladies go into the marriage because of the money, when the money goes, the feelings dies immediately. Some go into marriage because sex etc.
Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by greenie77: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2021
odinson1:

You go around Nairaland threads posting this same trash, you now see the effect of skipping your antipsychotic medication? The psychiatrist should have mandated you be admitted and phone taken away from you like other patients.

5 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
Truvelisback:
U are right abt the joy meeting the right person. Note: A fake person may appear to be real to u until after marriage then u will start seeing their true colours. However, i am talking abt the motives behind many nowadays marriages. That genuine affection is missing. some guys go into marriage because the lady has a big ass, nice boobs, etc, some ladies go into the marriage because of the money, when the money goes, the feelings dies immediately. Some go into marriage because sex etc.
Omo bro.... The Koko b say Niger gurls eye don tear already...

First of all na prayers be everything... Secondly man needs to not simp when searching..

Thirdly I'm personally planning to look for a wife eitheri in somalia of from the tuareg tribe of Niger by God's. Grace!!! Omo!

It's not going to be easy but on God!

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
fineboynl:
What before American 3 decades ago is already happening here in Nigeria in the last decade or so, it was really fast due to the internet. Americans now prefer baby mama. Check out American billionaires you will see that marriage has reach it usefulness in that country.

Sadly that is what will happen in Nigeria years to come. People can now see whats good for them and not what the society thinks.
The hardcore truth is that, that genuine love is no longer there like it was in the past. These are some of the major motives behind Nowadays love and marriages: Lust for wealth, Lust for sex and materialism.

1 Share

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Vyolet(f): 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
Patented:

This... cool

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Omo bro.... The Koko b say Niger gurls eye don tear already...

First of all na prayers be everything... Secondly man needs to not simp when searching..

Thirdly I'm personally planning to look for a wife eitheri in somalia of from the tuareg tribe of Niger by God's. Grace!!! Omo!

It's not going to be easy but on God!
I know nowadays relationship get as e be but u don't need to go that far in search of a wife. Just look for a working class lady who is financially independent and supportive mentally and emotionally. A lady who is looking genuine love and intimacy in marriage. I know that they are very few and rare to find but u can still get them.
Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Hathor5(f): 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2021
Truvelisback:

Marry for sex in this day and age? Seriously? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hathor5:

Marry for sex in this day and age? Seriously? cheesy
E Choke u? grin Yes, sexual lust.
Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Hathor5(f): 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
Truvelisback:
E Choke u? grin Yes, sexual lust.

I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by descarado: 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2021
Since I joined nairaland, I've been seeing threads like this yet thousands marry every year.

Rant from now till eternity, thousands will still continue to marry.
So why not save that energy and use it to be useful to yourself. When you reach the age of commitment, don't marry.

It's not even a force these days.

Buhari, why?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Truvelisback(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hathor5:

I don't think so.
Lol, but It's true. Some guys go into relationship and marriage with ladies based on how Sexy she is. i.e her big ass, nice boobs or how great or hot she would be in bed. Unfortunately, after much sexual enjoyment and different sexual styles, they tend to notice some characters that pisses them off. Then they get divorce.
Re: The Way I See Marriages Nowadays. by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
Patented:

Bingo! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Next When A Marriage Reach This Stage? / Looking for some advice for helping my Yoruba family / Whats Your Ideal Marriage Ceremony Or Wedding Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.