Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Lessons From The Life Of Desmond Tutu For The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons From The Life Of Desmond Tutu For The Church (430 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) / Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu / The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Life Of Desmond Tutu For The Church by HelpYourself(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2021
It's no longer news that the late Archbishop Desmond Tutu passed away recently.

Leaders from all over the world both current and past presidents and leaders sent their messages and praised the life led by this great man. This man achieved renowned and fame for his dignity. He didn't own a private jet or the world's largest chapel , he didnt claim to have driven a car without fuel from Abuja to Lagos nor did he ever claim to have talked to Jesus in his sitting room. He never claimed to raise the dead nor did he own multi million dollar schools and companies . He didn't own an airline or massive wealth but what he had is something no Nigerian pastor will ever have. Which is dignity and truth ... Nigeians pastors are more akin to WWE wrestling entertainers always trying to out do each other in splendor and grand appearances.. The late Archbishop was so concerned about truth and welfare of the common man. He never shyed away from speaking against oppression of evil unlike the Nigerian pastors who are mere brown envelope entertainment personalities.

The late Archbishop was a beacon of hope for the common man and didn't care for wealth of material gains ... His very life has shown a bright light on the life styles of your Nigerian spiritual leaders who will rather take money obtained via any means without questioning the source than speak out .

In the coming days you will see the church bribe and sponsor articles to talk about how the late Archbishop Desmond Tutu spoke against stigmatization of gay people just to distract from the brilliance of his life. They won't tell you how he never owned a mansion or he never owned bullet proof cars or he never had wealth or never owned a private jet.

They will focus on how he said gay people should be left alone all because he believed in God being the Jude and not mankind.

The church in Nigeria is a cesspit of fraud and corruption that raises spiritually blind foot soldiers who blindly follow without a second thought just like the bokoharam and isis.

Watch how they will flood this thread to call me all manners of names due to my works and writings on this forum. I yield not to their bullying for my inspiration comes from people like the late Archbishop. Men of real integrity who stood for truth and held the real torch of religion upwards as it's meant to have been.

The Nigerian pastors will rather fly first class than speak the truth. They will rather earn huge revenue than stand against a force for good.

They spend more on media presentation than on welfare of the needy. There in lies the truth of what they are . Let us all look atthe life of the late Archbishop Desmond Tutu, as a guide into what true life of service is meant to be. It's not meant to be serviced with private jets or donations for daddy's birthday or any other nonsense.

We must endeavor to understand what it means to be truly alive in creation through service to others

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lessons From The Life Of Desmond Tutu For The Church by HelpYourself(m): 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
With nothing did I come to this life and with nothing shalt I leave.. neither accolades nor wealth shalt follow me but the gentle prayers and hopes of those whose lives I touched and left behind ... These shalt be the lanterns that guide my path home in the after life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy For 2022 From Celica Church Of Christ / Can A Muslim Be A Godmother/father To A Christian Baby? / Proof That Jesus Was An Agent Of The Roman Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.