Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After (26552 Views)

Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister / Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video) / Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by warlordd(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
illicit:

Peter Pandora

Obi is a boy.
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by oglalasioux(m): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
Reporter, Next Cash and Carry is at Kado not Jabi.
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by illicit(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
warlordd:

Obi is a boy.

grin
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by AuroraB(f): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2021
tutudesz:
Such investment should come with their own personal fire truck and some of the workers should be trained to use those equipment.
Because fire service in Nigeria is very bad
Your own no go spoil. I thought same, today
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by techWriter5: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
A whole ABJ, firefighter no fit going to a store in less than a hourChai!!
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by CaptainFM1: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2021
Reference:

Took a detour past there this evening, about an hour ago.
The fire is out completely, the place was sealed and two fire trucks were on the premises.
The building is totalled, completely destroyed, nothing salvageable.

Thanks for the update. I was concerned by the comment people were posting that after 24hours the fire is still on. I
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by slowice(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2021
tutudesz:
Such investment should come with their own personal fire truck and some of the workers should be trained to use those equipment.

How many banks and companies have their own fire service equipped with fire fighting trucks? Even in the abroad? Una go dey cap careless laced with hate dey collect likes from fools

1 Like

Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2021
slowice:

How many banks and companies have their own fire service equipped with fire fighting trucks? Even in the abroad? Una go dey cap careless laced with hate dey collect likes from fools
Can you compare the emergency services in those countries and Nigeria undecided
Banks HQ have dedicated water tanks and water pump in case of fire undecided the idea is to Control the fire undecided
You should've Google the meaning of fire fighting equipment and fire trucks comes in different sizes undecided
Unfortunately trading word with someone like is a waste undecided

Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2021
slowice:

In foreign countries, factories have fire code which must be followed, do Government enforce such code in Nigeria undecided
Guy no start watin you no go fit finish

Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by namo77: 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Really? So after we provide security for our properties, we provide electricity, we provide water, we still need to provide fire trucks too?

Na wa o
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2021
namo77:

Really? So after we provide security for our properties, we provide electricity, we provide water, we still need to provide fire trucks too?

Na wa o

You know Government services in Nigeria is a no go area, that why we provide most of what you listed.
Fire truck or equipment is needed in such place, that why we need to have fire Extinguisher at home and in our car
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by namo77: 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
tutudesz:

In foreign countries, factories have fire code which must be followed, do Government enforce such code in Nigeria undecided

You're right. But it's only factories that are allowed to have such, the local fire service serves other establishments and homes

In naija Gov does not enforce anything, you only see such things in few factories ..

Anyway Next cash and carry is a shopping mall and not a factory, the fire service should do their jobs
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
namo77:

You're right. But it's only factories that are allowed to have such, the local fire service serves other establishments and homes

In naija Gov does not enforce anything, you only see such things in few factories ..

Anyway Next cash and carry is a shopping mall and not a factory, the fire service should do their jobs

A small water pump can perform the job of a truck too
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by namo77: 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
tutudesz:

You know Government services in Nigeria is a no go area, that why we provide most of what you listed.
Fire truck or equipment is needed in such place, that why we need to have fire Extinguisher at home and in our car

Sure thing ...
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
namo77:

Sure thing ...
No forget most times the truck no dey get water grin
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by namo77: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
tutudesz:

No forget most times the truck no dey get water grin

Honestly!

I've witnessed it at former workplace...

The generator area was on fire, they came with their truck... with no water.

They now asked to connect to the water tank...

Naija is a very funny country
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by dallyemmy: 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2021
Sad and infuriating!
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by Handsum64: 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2021
I learnt that the Chinese technocrat that had ready made solutions to Nigeria problems had no fire extinguisher working at the time of the incidence.

Funny enough he wants to be the VP under the looting machine
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 9:30pm On Dec 27, 2021
namo77:

Honestly!

I've witnessed it at former workplace...

The generator area was on fire, they came with their truck... with no water.

They now asked to connect to the water tank...

Naija is a very funny country
grin what if there is no water in your tank

Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by slowice(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Oga na regulatory failure, na government failure... Blame the right people first, then you can make suggestions. How many fire trucks dey for government House natiinwide
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2021
slowice:

Oga na regulatory failure, na government failure... Blame the right people first, then you can make suggestions. How many fire trucks dey for government House natiinwide
there a fire Outpost in every Government house, with equipment needed to fight and Control the fire.
Again Google is your friend
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by slowice(m): 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2021
tutudesz:

Can you compare the emergency services in those countries and Nigeria undecided
Banks HQ have dedicated water tanks and water pump in case of fire undecided the idea is to Control the fire undecided
You should've Google the meaning of fire fighting equipment and fire trucks comes in different sizes undecided
Unfortunately trading word with someone like is a waste undecided

And you think next cash and carry don't ve dedicated water tanks and water pumps? Even the small next in pH have those in place.
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2021
slowice:

And you think next cash and carry don't ve dedicated water tanks and water pumps? Even the small next in pH have those in place.
Are there personals trained to use those equipment
"How many banks and companies have their own fire service equipped with fire fighting trucks? Even in the abroad? Una go dey cap careless laced with hate dey collect likes from fools"
That your comment, claiming no bank and companies have such equipment undecided
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by liya11: 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
BKayy:
So much for the Abuja that serves as the face of their Zoo

Abj is the wosrt capital city.
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by calcal: 12:12am On Dec 28, 2021
Zoo is burning, so backward.

What happened to the building code? later those olodo profs will distribute awards.

Such a place should have smoke detectors and auto sprinkler systems in place prior to passing building code for a trade complex.

This is not a new technology, it is standard

ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/24-hours-after-next-cash-and-carry-supermarket-still-on-fire/
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by Bifwoli: 12:29am On Dec 28, 2021
namo77:

Na wa o

They forget to say in those countries there's a lot of preventative measures taken in the 1st place privately.That's before you even involve any gov't emergency services.

Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by mediclife1987(m): 1:17am On Dec 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad

Every body should be careful this dry season of harmattan

nor be lie sha
Even rain fall for Benin city today

You think say I dey lie...it rained in ugbowo area ...

Life sef confuse for we...
Feeling very down and stressed up right now meen. Got late to work and my boss I angry with me cos I missed 3days of work. He's suspecting I want to leave his place...
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:53am On Dec 28, 2021
tutudesz:
Exactly my point too,
Such huge establishments need to install a capable fire station in the same compound as the establishment, so in the event of a fire, it can be contained quickly.

I know its expensive, but loosing everything to fire is more expensive,
So they should choose wisely.

Nigeria is not a country, it's a state of existence.
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by tutudesz: 6:56am On Dec 28, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Exactly my point too,
Such huge establishments need to install a capable fire station in the same compound as the establishment, so in the event of a fire, it can be contained quickly.

I know its expensive, but loosing everything to fire is more expensive,
So they should choose wisely.

Nigeria is not a country, it's a state of existence.
It's not that expensive, a small fire truck or a water pump can do the job
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
tutudesz:

So why don't they equip themselves with such?
Nigerians just have preparing for emergencies.
Re: Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
tutudesz:

So why don't they equip themselves with such?
Nigerians just hate preparing for emergencies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business / Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form / Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.