Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors (13355 Views)

We Can Lose Every Other State But Not Lagos State - Labour Party Member (Video) / Why I Barred My Aides From Criticising Buhari, Other State Governors – Gov Umahi / What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by HonNL: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
Zulum to Social-Media Promoters: Please, stop comparing my work with other Governors

Governor Zulum appealed to anyone who genuinely supports him not to insult any leader on the basis of whatever is being achieved in Borno State.

“While I am enormously grateful for all the support and promotions, I have in recent days, received messages forwarded to me, in which our work-in-progress in Borno State is being compared with some States, and in some cases, with insults. The fact is that, I feel extremely uncomfortable any time I am being negatively compared with any Governor, especially if anyone of those making the comparisons fall in any of the social media groups associated with us. I consider such comparisons unhealthy.

Moreover, we are not in competition. The truth is that all of the 36 States have their peculiarities and priorities, depending on developmental plans and the needs of societies. In Borno’s case, we have to be desperate in our recovery efforts because we have been faced with 12 years of war, resulting to thousands of deaths and displacement of about two million people with humanitarian needs. From the World Bank’s Recovery and Peace-Building Assessment report on the northeast, Borno lost 956,453 private houses, representing 30 % of the total number of houses in across the state, to insurgent destructions.

Also, 665 municipal buildings comprising ministries, LGA buildings, prisons, police stations and electric offices were destroyed in Borno. 5,335 classrooms and other school buildings were destroyed in 512 primary schools, 38 secondary schools and two tertiary institutions in the State. 201 health centres, mostly primary healthcare clinics, dispensaries and some General Hospitals were all destroyed.

The insurgents also destroyed 726 power substations and distribution lines just like they destroyed 1,630 water sources including motorized boreholes, hand pumps, solar powered boreholes and facilities for piped water schemes, and more. So, our developmental aggression in Borno is not driven by competition, but our realities of unquantifiable challenges. All States have different needs hence leaders respond differently and with different strategies. We in Borno needed to act fast given our peculiarity of needs but this should not be a basis for negative comparison”.

Malam Isa Gusau

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by DispatcherLagos: 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2021
Ok.
Better be in competition o coz it births innovation. You can't be lagging behind all in the guise of moving at your own pace

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by TimeTraveller: 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
We are not comparing, sir.
We are just letting the stupeed incompetent governors see what a state in the heat of an ongoing insurgency is doing.

States down South with higher IGR and relatively peaceful milieu cannot even pay salaries, talk less of clearing an 'international' market of disgusting filth.

We will not stop talking, sir.

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Femmyfestus: 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
This man is actually trying to end insurgence in his state, but forces greater than him are frustrating his efforts. You will prevail my prof. And your dream of making the state conducive for the masses will be a reality. Insha Allah

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by dedonfranco(m): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
Like seriously if Governor Zulum is from Abia state Nobody will complain.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by iWasNotHere(m): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
Way up.
Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by ThinkSmarter: 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
I know you personally don't want to be over glorified by sycophants.
But comparison has been the means of checking individual performances.
It happens in the beauty /entertainment industry, school, governance, etc.
Comparison will make non performing governor to sit-up and encourage the performing ones to do more.
There is an Igbo saying that goes "etoo dike na nke omere, omekwa ozo " meaning if you praise the warrior for his victory, he will be prompted to do more.
We all know that Abia, Kogi, Ebonyi, Rivers, AkwaIbom, Kano, Kaduna government officials, including their various relatives are on social media like Facebook, Nairaland, Twitter etc.
And our contributions here shapes governance.
Police and military are all here on nairaland.
Guess what! these folks evaluate their actions/inactions from nairaland members comments.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by faithfull18(f): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
No comment, here to occupy space because I matter wink

4 Likes

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Is04970: 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
Which work exactly?
Billions go down the drain every week in Bornu state on the account of insecurity. Isn't security part of Zulum's responsibility?
Anyone can build overtly painted primary schools.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Nickymichy(m): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
Wisdom is profitable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Donlamzy(m): 7:58pm On Dec 27, 2021
This man and Seyi Makinde of Oyo state will make a perfect match for president and VP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Omicron007: 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
shocked

Let vulture griller stay clear off this man.
He is already using his name for propaganda just like he used Miracle Nwobodo for IPOB propaganda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
Lol... Imagine the state with the worse security in Nigeria thinking they have achieved anything. You can't build a thing while you still have terrorists as your tenants. You can build a bridge today and they will blow it up tomorrow.
Notwithstanding, we must commend the governor's determination to keep pushing even in the face of war and death. It's very very commendable.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by ignis: 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
Borno state should just be left for Boko Haram. The destruction is enormous.
Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
South East Governors: wheeeew we can finally rest and continue looting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by sageer1706(m): 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
Zulum is just simple and down to earth, I salute u sir

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Gazzy88(m): 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
Zulum better pass most useless Nigerian governors. Some of them are just their to loot with nothing to offer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Agricmoney(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
ok sir. That's the best way to act

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by TimeTraveller: 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
Is04970:
Which work exactly?
Billions go down the drain every week in Bornu state on the account of insecurity. Isn't security part of Zulum's responsibility?
Anyone can build overtly painted primary schools.

Tell your governor to just clear Ariaria Market. Just that one, no need to build bridges.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by FalseProphet1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
I see Zulum winning a ministerial appointment in 2023.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by adubam(m): 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
Bola1997:
Good evening sir/ma merry Christmas and happy New in advance am a single mum with a 2 years old girl,I don't wish to do this but I believe begging is better than selling my body for money, please good people kindly help me and my daughter for feeding and to get drugs for my daughter who had malaria, not that I can't work av been on look out for jobs even if it's sales girl I would mind,am pleading for ur assistance to pls help me God will not neglect you.... Amen
here is my account details 2140640410,ayinla eniola bolanle,UBA God bless you.

Ask your family members. I'm not trying to be rude but your child did not fall from the sky. If the father is absent then look for the relatives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Jeromejnr(m): 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
Afoime2:
Where is this .an getting all the money he is using?

Lol..the thing shock you abi?

That's to tell you southern governors are scam.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by iFESTAC680(m): 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
Competition breads innovation and invention
So make the competition healthy!!

But I admire this governor!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by MorataFC: 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2021
Good
Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by Jogs1900: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
I beg remove that Seyi Makinde that is building only motor parks
Donlamzy:
This man and Seyi Makinde of Oyo state will make a perfect match for president and VP

6 Likes

Re: Zulum: No Competition! Stop Comparing My Work With Other State Governors by AsawanaDgreat: 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
That governor is a governor amongst all the fake leaders leading us

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disappointment Awaits Tinubu’s Followers – Atiku Supporter, Shehu Mahdi / Deji Adeyanju Picks Nomination Form To Contest For PDP National Secretary (pics) / I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.