Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway (31472 Views)

COVID-19: UNILAG Students Vacating The Hostel (Video) / UNILAG Students Dragging Water From A Broken Tap / OAU Vs UNILAG- Students Battle Each Other On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Chris2863(m): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Why can't they observe the construction work in front of their gate from akoka to Bariga down to new garage, that road is an eyesore.

But their lecturers took them all they way to badagry so they can loot money from them under the guise of field trip.

This I have seen.
Being positive doesn't and will not take anything from you please. You guys must bring in this Nigeria mentality shit to everything. If you are corrupt, not everyone out there

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Murio001: 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2021
It's still ccecc that's doing the construction even if a thousand students witness it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by muheeb01(m): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2021
What are they observing lmao....that's their field trip oo chai

Check my signature and profile for my works....we deliver nationwide,..my office is in oyo town
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by GboyegaD(m): 8:16pm On Dec 27, 2021
Unfortunately, it is taking over 20 12years to complete a less than 100km road.
Big shame on Lagos State Government.

I modified this comment.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by sofiscatedmoron: 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2021
No job, all these ccecc should stop giving them hope
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Sleekfingers: 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dikaveli:
Yorubas must hype everything

Na only yoruba dey for unilag abi?

That Mpuru Mmiri is affecting you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by OneCorner: 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Afonja youths just learning how to construct roads when youths of their age are already building cars in the east
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by nedekid: 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Pls what's that contraption that looks like something from wars of the worlds.
Engineers in the house any idea?
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by ikorodureporta: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2021
This is how it's supposed to be. Students shl be carried along in industrial processes, even @ MSc level

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by aikyg(m): 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
These students should be working with a model of the bridge in their classes. Not out here in the sun, looking at labourers mix concrete.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Why can't they observe the construction work in front of their gate from akoka to Bariga down to new garage, that road is an eyesore.

But their lecturers took them all they way to badagry so they can loot money from them under the guise of field trip.

This I have seen.
Is this really falseprophet1? You no dey write like before sad
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by lexy2014: 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dikaveli:

It's Mr. John Zao that "hyped" it. I don't no if he is actually Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Dikaveli(m): 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Na only yoruba dey for unilag abi?

That Mpuru Mmiri is affecting you

What is meth?
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Amalekki: 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dikaveli:
It is UNILAG dude.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by jaxxy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Any major construction going on at the school area?? undecided

Or u wants to sponsor the construction work of the area for them? undecided

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
GboyegaD:
Unfortunately, it is taking over 20years to complete a less than 100km road.
Big shame on Lagos State Government.
And also a big shame to the Federal Government.
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
OneCorner:
Afonja youths just learning how to construct roads when youths of their age are already building cars in the east
grin
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2021
jaxxy:

Any major construction going on at the school area?? undecided

Or u wants to sponsor the construction work of the area for them? undecided
There is a road construction going on in Akoka/Bariga/Oworo axis.

In fact, I think the road will connect the 3 areas.
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by FLYFIRE(m): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2021
Why have they waited for so many years to now talk of this road; is it because of 2023
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Bluntemperor: 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2021
FernandezPablo:
Nice one from Lagos..

Yes but OP-why ' reconstruction' by both the Lagos-State and the Federal Govt!
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by ipobarethieves: 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
u see this one well.i give u 90 percent pass.

Even students wey dey do Arabic in school dey scam their parents in the name of going bto field trip/ one useless excursions. Fear lecturers/ students
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Eriokanmi: 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
Keep observing construction works and keep permitting CCECC, Arab Contractors, Stabilini, etc keep holding sway in Nigeria. I've not seen a simple head bridge constructed by any indigenous company. Wake up!
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by toprealman: 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
Indians and Chinese are really smart guys just that they are too crafty.
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by yusluvad(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2021
DoctorDree:
All na cruise
At the end of the day non of those students go get contract,many won’t even understand anything construction pass theory!!!
Brutal truth...
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2021
Bluntemperor:

Yes but OP-why ' reconstruction' by both the Lagos-State and the Federal Govt!
I wasn't the one who posted the news sir...
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by sulaak(m): 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
OneCorner:

Yoruba can construct the road for Igbo made cars we all benefit from our skill and talent.
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nauttyprof(m): 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Always understand the reason behind every field trip. It is for a purpose and not for just any visit. I hope you know that the visit is to see how a bridge is being constructed and not just the flexible pavement.

Please, the area you mentioned has little to learn from as it only covers just flexible pavement but their field trip has so much to learn from.

Let's stop being negative and ask questions first to understand better than jumping into conclusion.
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by delpee(f): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

How can you compare the reconstruction of Akoka -Bariga Road to what is shown in that picture? The terrain, the bridges, number of lanes and other factors make a huge difference in terms of requirements.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nauttyprof(m): 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2021
DispatcherLagos:
I can bet my balls that 80% of the students doesn't even understand what was going on there

Na wa o... Negative people everywhere. What's the essence of field trip in the first instance? If there are not clear with the theory in class, the real life situation will help clarify this.

I don't understand how you will say laying reinforcements, constructing beams and concreting won't be understood even when they see this after so many times they heard all of these in class.
Re: UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nauttyprof(m): 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2021
aikyg:
These students should be working with a model of the bridge in their classes. Not out here in the sun, looking at labourers mix concrete.

While this is partially true, going on a field trip to see the construction is not a bad idea too. This is practised in the UK with field trips. I even saw one where the students were involved in the construction process.

Let's stop acting as if we know it all and always wanting to look for every means to say something to spite good motive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School / What Is The Latest News From Plateau State University, Bokkos? / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.