Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Is He Truly Your Lord? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is He Truly Your Lord? (335 Views)

Jesus Is Only Your Lord, If You Keep His Word / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He Truly Your Lord? by REDH2: 12:41am On Dec 28, 2021
Good morning Beloved

Peace be unto in the name of our Lord Jesus

Is He truly your Lord?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Beloved, it is not enough to confess the Jesus as your Lord, your thoughts, words and deeds must reflect that He is truly your Lord.

How do you speak? How do you behave or act?

Are they according to the ways of Christ Jesus? Stop being a professor, professing to know Him and calling Him Lord but you are yet a servant to sin and the ways of the world.

Beloved, you proclaim that you follow the Lord Jesus, proclaim that you are a Christian but your word, deeds, association does not match your proclamation.

Is He truly your Lord? Are your ways guided by Him? Are you living to please Him or men or yourself?

Beloved, make Him your Lord. Let Him be the guide over every decision, step, way of life, speech and all you do. Live to please Him, live daily to bring joy to Him. When the Lord GOD look down on the earth, what testimony does He have of you? A faithful steward? Or a lost son? A backslider? A friend of the world?

The Lord GOD had a testimony of Job that he was one who feared Him and eshew evil. Beloved, stop being a subject to the devil, yielding your body to sin against GOD and befriending the world. The Lord GOD is grieved by your ways.

In humility, submit yourself to GOD. Let Him be your daily guide, listen, read and obey His Word instead of filling your thoughts with those things which profit not your soul. Do His will, walk in His ways, in Holiness, in consecration to Him and in purity of heart. Let your hands be clean.

All that will bring joy to Him, that do! Flee from sin, repent from all sins still found in you.

Who is your Lord? Jesus or the devil?

You are not your own, He died that you might be saved from sin, death and the devil and that you no longer live to please yourself but to please Him who died for you.

2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Beloved, who your Lord is will determine your eternal destination. You can proclaim to be a Christian when asked, call Him Lord when praying or any other situation but if you are not doing His will, you are just but a professor. Do the needful now, repent where necessary of any besetting sin, fleshly lust and worldliness which will harm your soul in Hell and cleave to the Lord GOD, doing His will at ever moment. What is His will? Your sanctification and Holiness before Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication

Beloved, make Him the ruler over your thoughts, decisions and actions. Only those whose Lord truly is Jesus till the end will enter His Kingdom - Heaven.

If you would harken diligently to His Word, blessed are you!

The Grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Amen.

GOD bless you.

Shalom

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist
Re: Is He Truly Your Lord? by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 28, 2021
He is not, and will never be my lord.

Imported gods are powerless against African problems

2 Likes

Re: Is He Truly Your Lord? by uthlaw: 6:44am On Dec 28, 2021
1-I am a Man (john 8:40)
2-I am a son of man(Mathew 8:20 and Mathew 11:19).
3-God sent me ONLY to the LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL(Mathew 15:24 and Mathew 10:5-6)
4-God is greater than me(John14:28).
Re: Is He Truly Your Lord? by MightySparrow: 7:20am On Dec 28, 2021
Osiris13:
He is not, and will never be my lord.

Imported gods are powerless against African problems

Ignorance is your problem. Jesus is the Lord. He alone is the solution Africa is waiting for.
Re: Is He Truly Your Lord? by MightySparrow: 7:21am On Dec 28, 2021
uthlaw:
1-I am a Man (john 8:40)
2-I am a son of man(Mathew 8:20 and Mathew 11:19).
3-God sent me ONLY to the LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL(Mathew 15:24 and Mathew 10:5-6)
4-God is greater than me(John14:28).

Lies of Islam.
Re: Is He Truly Your Lord? by uthlaw: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2021
MightySparrow:

Lies of Islam.
read your real Bible, not the edited king James!
Re: Is He Truly Your Lord? by MightySparrow: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2021
uthlaw:
read your real Bible, not the edited king James!

You think you study the Bible more than I do?

Your Qur'an is not in anyway thematic. Grossly unstructured. If you read the Bible for criticism as your self made Prophet didn't understand his calling if he had any, you will be blindly peddling nonsense.

Jesus is Lord, my Lord. You will appear before Him someday for judgment.
Re: Is He Truly Your Lord? by uthlaw: 10:27am On Dec 28, 2021
MightySparrow:

You think you study the Bible more than I do?

Your Qur'an is not in anyway thematic. Grossly unstructured. If you read the Bible for criticism as your self made Prophet didn't understand his calling if he had any, you will be blindly peddling nonsense.

Jesus is Lord, my Lord. You will appear before Him someday for judgment.
Jesus is lord
God is what...
God will be watching Jesus to judge because God doesn't know how to do is things...
Prophet Mohammed came after jesuse,if Jesus was the lord,he would not allow one of is creature to bring is religion....
Who is the lord of Adam,Abraham and others?

(1) (Reply)

INSIDE LIFE: While God Is Watching, Pastor Conducts Wedding For GAY Pastor In T / Please Solve This Question: “how Many Brothers Did Joseph Have?” / Restoration Service [anointing Service] – 20th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.