Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? (608 Views)

Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin / What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? / What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
My pastor called me last Sunday and challenged me for missing yet another Sunday Service. I told him I was busy attending to the pile of work on my table. Next thing he told me that God had work for me to do the Church but that I was disappointing Him by not showing up. As calmly as I could afford I told him that it was him and not God that had work for me to do. I further advised him that it was better to separate personal opinions from the opinion of God...

Everywhere I turn, from a man that obviously made a bad choice of a spouse, to a student that went on a prayer mountain instead of showing up for an examination, to the big G.Os in the country, everyone seems to be at so much ease to credit God with every single idea that bobs into their head. The question is, is it that Christians no longer fear God anymore that they simply just credit Him as the One commanding an indefensible idea? Case in point, Pastor Adeboye finding no defense in the written word of God decided the tithing principle was a personal instruction from God to him. That way no one could say he was wrong. Is this really okay?
Re: When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? by NwaAmaikpe: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
shocked

It is totally blasphemous.

Nigerian pastors call their intuition or conscience God with so much ease.
Followers are always so ignorant to question this trend.

A pastor decides not to go for an event and he effortlessly says God told him to stay back.

It's just like me saying it was God that asked me to pull out this afternoon when I was fellowshipping with Sekinat.
I only did out of intuition; because I know she's not babymama worthy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? by whitebeard(m): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
I don't know bout pst adeboye, but I can conclude that yes, a lot of people have disrespected GOD
Re: When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? by GodsMopol: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
1 Samuel 2:11 And Elkanah went to Ramah to his house. And the child did minister unto the LORD before Eli the priest.

Matthew 10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Selah

please, let's not disrespect them

Henceforth, let man trouble me, for

All this pastors on a neutral day, doesn't want to be in the church, as in, doing church stuff, but God instruct them to leave their habitation and comfort, to a place he will show them

After pastor don trek waka waka, come gather small esusu, someone will be saying later that, pastor should give to the poor, I don't understand, thanks to the lovers of freeze(stagnation)
Re: When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? by feelgoodInc: 7:03am On Dec 04, 2017
King James Bible
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Deuteronomy 18 vs 22.
it did not say we should criticize, it just says what it says

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did God Create Himself? - Discover The Shocking Truth! / Help Me!!! / Bible Stories (45): Esau Forgives Jacob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.