Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,994 members, 7,866,732 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? (336 Views)

I’m Not Sure Of Another Chance After 2023 General Elections – Tinubu / Nigeria: State Of The Nation In Cartoons / 2023: Give APC Another Chance, Lawan Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? by EmekaStanley: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2021
In the year 1897 January 8, a British journalist named Flora Shaw coined the name 'Nigeria', a name derived from the Niger river which runs through the country. Apparently, this area governed by the British comprised of 2 protectorates, the southern and the Northern.

Then in 1914, due to administrative purposes, the colonialists merged these 2 protectorates together. This colonization was to go on till October 1, 1960 when Nigeria declared her independence from the colonial rule.

From then up till this moment, Nigerians have not enjoyed sustainable benefits of nationhood. Nigeria's history is riddled with stories that calls for questions on whether we were really prepared to take up the challenges of being a united nation.

Some might say, "Oh things used to be better in the 80s". But that is not totally true. The present state of the nation today is an accumulation of the consequences of acts and events of the past.

Today, Nigerians are neglected by the ruling class and made to suffer terribly even for the things that they should have gotten a soft landing on. There is anger in the land; killings and destruction of properties are almost a daily occurrence and it seems there is no end in sight at the moment.

Conspiracies of hidden wars and agenda fill the air and Nigerians are now very suspicious of the government, failing to believe the sincerity of actions and words no matter how noble.

People want out of the nation to form their own nation because they do not trust the motives of the government in addressing critical security and administrative issues.

During the COVID Palliatives era, Nigerians were stunned when they discovered warehouses where palliatives were stored; palliatives meant to assist them in time of distress, and provide succor for them, were hidden away. But till this day, nobody has been held accountable for those abominable acts.

Nigerians are hurt.

I see the tears in their eyes whenever I step out into the streets or log onto the internet. They work so hard like abandoned people; people who have been left to toil on their own lands and save themselves, without any support or encouragement from the government.

Even the basic things that can make lives easier are not provided; basic amenities like good roads, constant electricity, security, protection e.t.c
These are entitlements of every Nigerian, they are rights and not privileges.

Dear Nigerians, you have every right to be angry, I do not blame you one bit for expressing your anger. Apparently those you gave much has given little or nothing, for to whom much is given, much is expected.

Whether you rooted for governments or not, you deserve every right to good governance. Your life should be protected both within and outside the nation by virtue of being a Nigerian...and you are not second class by any standards.

Having the basic infrastructure of nationhood to support your hustle is what you rightly deserve but you are not getting it. You have been disappointed by government, even those who you so much hoped on.

This is more than enough reason to be angry.

Most of you have written off the nation and wouldn't mind if it is destroyed in seconds.

Now take a deep breath and.........calm down.

Do you know the end goal of those who oppress you? It may or may not shock you.

Their goal is to break your spirit; they want you to have a broken spirit. All what they do in order to easily reap the nation off is to break down the spirit of the courageous. This is because they know once your spirit is broken, you will give up, you will stop trying to make things work.

A broken spirit is a spirit without hope; you won't believe things can get better again. And once they have boxed you into that corner, you have given them the leeway to continue oppressing you. They will act without caution because you don't care anymore. Do not let them get you into this box.

You didn't choose to be born here. You were born here by providence which means you have in you, all it takes to be your best in your nation of birth. What this means is that if something is wrong with your nation of birth, you don't totally abandon it; you contribute in looking for a way to fix it.

Please give this nation another chance; it is not the nation that is the problem, it is all those who have been in the seats of power legislating and executing laws that are not in your own best interest.

If the right people are there, the case of bad leadership will be lifted. This is why you should never compromise your standards when it comes to selecting who leads you.

The reason why I decided to vie for the Presidential seat is to wipe away your tears totally, and place this nation to the path of eternal recovery and upliftment. These mistakes of the past which is still around will never be repeated.

For too long, you have cried and yearned for the right person to lead this nation onto glory, I am the one to do that, Yes I am. You might be skeptical about this....rightly so but don't sleep on it.

Nigeria should have gone past the level she is now, I mean we are 61, yet we have not gotten it right. We should be creating genuine problems for ourselves now not the kind of problems we find ourselves in; we are fighting a useless war within and terrible people in government are capitalizing on it to loot the nation dry.

Support me on this quest to salvage this nation for us and our generations unborn. Use your voice, your vote for they are your power; use them to ensure that we change the direction of this country for good.

Give this nation another...just another chance. Let me be the chance you took.

ES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? by EmekaStanley: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
Mod, please is this FP worthy?
Re: Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? by NewsForYou: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
I can assure you that you will personally vote Tinubu or Atiku on Election Day in 2023
Re: Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? by EmekaStanley: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2021
NewsForYou:
I can assure you that you will personally vote Tinubu or Atiku on Election Day in 2023

How does that make any difference?
Re: Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? by NewsForYou: 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
EmekaStanley:

How does that make any difference?
That’s exactly my point. It doesn’t.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? by EmekaStanley: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
NewsForYou:

That’s exactly my point. It doesn’t.
Reason you need to change your thoughts.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? by dasparrow: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
All this long epistle won't work. Nigeria's foundation is faulty. Nigeria is a nation created by the European colonialists for their own benefits so that they can pillage the land's resources while keeping the original inhabitants of the land living in perpetual confusion, dysfunction and poverty. Under this current system of things which benefits the political elite and their white masters in the West, there is no accountability. Nigeria can never get better regardless of who becomes president. Nigeria needs to either change the current political system of things or break up the country. If we can have European countries with a population of less than 2 million, then why can't we have a Igbo nation, Hausa nation, Yoruba nation, Ijaw nation, Ibibio nation, Isoko nation, etc?

Look at all the money Buhari's government continues to borrow just so that they can share it amongst themselves. The Naira keeps losing value because the terms and conditions of these loans our leaders take require that Nigeria devalues her currency. One day, Nigerians will snap and there will be a sudden revolution. I think Nigerians are still quiet because they still have a chance to japa. By the time more and more countries make it extremely difficult for Nigerians to migrate or move to their countries, e go red for Nigerians. When Nigerians will no longer be able to feed themselves and watch their kids starving to death, no one will remind Nigerians to arise and fight against the political class that have kept them in a perpetual state of suffering for so long. You just watch and see.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation In Need Of Another Chance? by Idiko1: 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2021
The caption of the thread indicted the writer and Nigeria beyond pardon. "Nigeria: A Nation in Need of Another Chance" Has Nigeria flopped in the first chance as to be given another chance? Why another chance when the first instance was a colossal failure? Nigeria does not need another chance but should represent a historical event. Nigeria should be done away in anger.

(1) (Reply)

Leadership Newspaper Person Of The Year 2021: Yemi Osinbajo / Northern Leaders, Politicians Supporting Killer Fulani Herdsmen Are Criminals / Why Can't Nigerian Environments Look Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.