Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,772 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story (1274 Views)

I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience / SolidStar Is Seriously Sick - Singer's Brother Cries Out As He Shares Sad Video / Toke Makinwa Shares Valentine's Day Photo, Advises Those Who Are Alone Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by CallMeDrino: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
Popular Nigerian On-Air-Personality, Toke Makinwa has revealed why she almost took her life early this year, Igbere TV reports.

Speaking on Tayemesan’s Tea with Tay Podcast, Toke Makinwa said she felt empty within which made her overwhelmed and hence decided to end her life.

In her words:

“I remember the song that was even playing. It was Wizkid’s Ojuelegba and I was dancing and everybody in there did not know that a voice was saying just go home and pop it, that’s it. So I thought let me just have fun then I’ll just go home and end my life. It was that bad!

I didn’t know why I was feeling a lot of emptiness. Because on the outside I’m fabulous, I’m making money, have amazing friends but I just felt empty. I just felt like ‘just leave when the praise is the loudest. When the applause is the loudest, just bow out.

It was just feeling like, life hasn’t gotten this good, it has now gotten this good. Don’t wait for it to turn again. It’s okay. You’ve done it all. You’ve built a brand from the scratch, you’ve inspired so many people to start on their journey, you can bow out now. Even if it’s to go and shine shoes in heaven, just go and be shining the master’s shoes.

There are so many things that you have to live for but it was just a mindset that I didn’t know – and again, it’s one of those things I tell people now, when the devil knows he cannot steal your destiny, he attacks your mind.

Because once he attacks your mind, I mean, if he attacked my finances maybe I’ll be down a bit, I go hustle small, maybe money goes still soon come back. If he attacks my marriage, ok maybe you can find another man you can marry. If he attacks your health maybe you can feel better, you can pray, you can fast. But if he ceases your mind, that is the seat of everything.”

Listen here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0vvx5YfF7Md3xZkPbPHb9Z?si=RtuWSjuCS7eBkae8GeuPXw&utm_source=copy-link

Lalasticlala

Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by DispatcherLagos: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
So what do we fry now?
Spit or water which one?
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by dollynnn(f): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Wawelexy(m): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
Mtcheeeew! All this b!tches with attention.....

You for just end am make we know say we dey minus 1... Nonsense and ingredients..
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by huptin(m): 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
Go and give birth, the moment you have a baby all suicidal thoughts will disappear forever! Now you have something to live for.
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
suicide is not an option
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Deborah98(f): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hmmmmmm even with all the money and fame sad... Greatness is a burden, look beyond the attraction and praises of men and focus on who you are becoming and who called you. The Lord becomes and will remain my focus and gaze in life.
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by ValCon888: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
This woman that made everyone to turn off watching Gilder Ultimate Search.

I don't encourage anyone to commit suicide but the earth will continue to spin if she was not here.
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
Mtchewww.
E NO CONCERN NAIRALAND tongue
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Cholls(m): 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
My sister Aunty Toke you want to go to heaven to shine our Master's Gbola!

Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Freelane33(m): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
ATTENTION SHOPPER
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
dollynnn:
Nigerian female celebrities and unnecessarily provoking sympathy are like 5&6.
Feel free to take your life madam. We have more than enough to deal with in Nigeria already.
dollarlanders be calming down now, that word is abusive you lack home training dear. Go and learn more OK
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
DispatcherLagos:
So what do we fry now?
Spit or water which one?
dollarlander you dont have sense. go and get some S
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by BlaqJosh: 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
So?? Should we fry stone ?

Na this kind shitty post dey reach front page
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
Cholls:
My sister Aunty Toke you want to go to heaven to shine our Master's Gbola!
lol you lack sense mr cholls
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by meobizy(f): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
2021 was her year yet she’s come out with this? She’s really stupid.
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
BlaqJosh:
So?? Should we fry stone ? Na this kind shitty post dey reach front page
shut up mumu
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hm. That is why it's good to be in Christ for its only in him you'll find joy and fufilment.

Nothing Iin this life gives fulfillment except Christ and the power of his love. Even Solomon couldn't find fulfillment in all his wealth. Reason he said all is vanity.

Better don't kill yourself because you won't even make it to heaven talk more of shining shoes as murder is a sin and dying in sin would make you miss heaven.
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
Wawelexy:
Mtcheeeew! All this b!tches with attention.....

You for just end am make we know say we dey minus 1... Nonsense and ingredients..
lol you dont have sense go and get S

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Beebah2000:
Mtchewww. E NO CONCERN NAIRALAND tongue
so it com concern DOLLARLAND mumu getat
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Cholls(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
nachisunday:
lol you lack sense mr cholls
my brother wow! That's new. Thanks. I like sense
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2021
Cholls:
my brother wow! That's new. Thanks. I like sense
i said you really dont have sense DOLLARLANDER at all
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
Freelane33:
ATTENTION SHOPPER
listeners shopper mugu dont go and drink water and relax
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
meobizy:
2021 was her year yet she’s come out with this? She’s really stupid.
hmm you are nut getat adviser
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Freelane33(m): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
Lol your papa Na mugun , Omo were grin
nachisunday:
listeners shopper mugu dont go and drink water and relax
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
Freelane33:
Lol your Na mugun , Omo were grin
my brother. Same to your family and frnds fool like I dont really knw what to say abt your own life (PAPA) but mind your mouth oo you gerrit
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
nachisunday:
so it com concern DOLLARLAND mumu getat
you just wan look for trouble. I no get ya thyme tongue
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by dayoscape: 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
Depression is real
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by Kingcalls: 12:06am On Dec 29, 2021
Efor even better , mk we rest... at least another bad influence will go meet her creator to explain how she influenced the confused
Re: I Wanted To Kill Myself This Year – Toke Makinwa Shares Sad Story by nachisunday(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2021
Beebah2000:
you just wan look for trouble. I no get ya thyme tongue
corade i wish you had my time shaa. But no problem one love dear

(1) (Reply)

Davido's Babymama, Sophia Momodu Drags Maria Chike Over Bleaching Cream Advert / "I Can't Keep Up" Musician Davido Says As He Posts Pictures Of His Son Online / Why I Left Nollywood To Become Full-time Housewife – Actress Jennifer Eliogu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.