Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,646 members, 7,955,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Parvo Virus For Dogs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Parvo Virus For Dogs (769 Views)

Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat / Help, My Dog Is Down With Parvo Virus / Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parvo Virus For Dogs by Ninobraw(m): 7:07am On Dec 29, 2021
Copied from nairalander.

So here's how I cured Rocky of Parvovirus

I got
Virest 400mg (Aciclovir) - according to the guide, it stops the DNA replication of the virus in it's body. I got it for N6,500.

Diastop - to prevent it from vomiting and stop the watery poo. Although, Almethazine injection was recommended for this but since I don't know how to inject the puppy and Rocky was still able to ingest, I opted for Diastop (I saw this on another thread). I got this for N400.

Multivitamin syrup - He recommended the one with Zinc but I wasn't able to get that.

ORS -

Syringes 5ml - I did not use the needle, just the syringe to administer the medication to rocky orally after mixing.

Zinc - since I couldn't get multivitamin with zinc.
I mixed two tablets of zinc with a 75cl mix of a sachet of ORS, which I administered orally through the syring to Rocky. Based on my little public health education, for little kids, when a child has diarrhea, zinc is advised to be added to it.

Hypo - to mop the whole floor in the house and then I restricted it to the room.

So the first day (night).
I administered 2ml of Diastop
Grinded 400mg of virest and mixed with 2ml of the multivitamin.
Gave it 5ml of ORS 3 times.

Then later in the night, I gave it egg, it didn't eat it until in the midnight while I was sleeping.

I repeated the medication again early in the morning about 12 hours later.

I researched about things that dogs can eat on Google while they're recovering from parvo, I saw chicken, I bought half kilo of chicken, removed the flesh,cut out a portion and boiled it without salt and gave Rocky to eat. He loved it.

He pooed about 5 mins later, it was a mixture of solid and watery poo with no traces of blood. It showed that there was progress, I was determined to see monitor what Rocky's next poo would be like, so I can know if I was truly making progress or not.

About 4-5 hours later, I boiled rice without salt also and mixed it with chicken. Because of the chicken it ate the rice also.

At night, I boiled chicken for it again and made egg for it, which I kept for it before going to bed, he didn't eat it, just sniffed and left. Around midnight, it ate it and about 5 mins later, it started pacing and crying to poo and when it eventually did, the poo was solid for the first time and energy came from nowhere, Rocky started playing with x3 energy.

1 Like

Re: Parvo Virus For Dogs by Ninobraw(m): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ninobraw:
Copied from nairalander.

I got
Virest 400mg (Aciclovir) - according to the guide, it stops the DNA replication of the virus in it's body. I got it for N6,500.

Diastop - to prevent it from vomiting and stop the watery poo. Although, Almethazine injection was recommended for this but since I don't know how to inject the puppy and Rocky was still able to ingest, I opted for Diastop (I saw this on another thread). I got this for N400.

Multivitamin syrup - He recommended the one with Zinc but I wasn't able to get that.

ORS -

Syringes 5ml - I did not use the needle, just the syringe to administer the medication to rocky orally after mixing.

I mixed two tablets of zinc with a 75cl mix of a sachet of ORS, which I administered orally through the syring to Rocky. Based on my little public health education, for little kids, when a child has diarrhea, zinc is advised to be added to it.

Hypo - to mop the whole floor in the house and then I restricted it to the room.

Then later in the night, I gave it egg, it didn't eat it until in the midnight while I was sleeping.

I researched about things that dogs can eat on Google while they're recovering from parvo, I saw chicken, I bought half kilo of chicken, removed the flesh,cut out a portion and boiled it without salt and gave Rocky to eat. He loved it.

He pooed about 5 mins later, it was a mixture of solid and watery poo with no traces of blood. It showed that there was progress, I was determined to see monitor what Rocky's next poo would be like, so I can know if I was truly making progress or not.

About 4-5 hours later, I boiled rice without salt also and mixed it with chicken. Because of the chicken it ate the rice also.

At night, I boiled chicken for it again and made egg for it, which I kept for it before going to bed, he didn't eat it, just sniffed and left. Around midnight, it ate it and about 5 mins later, it started pacing and crying to poo and when it eventually did, the poo was solid for the first time and energy came from nowhere, Rocky started playing with x3 energy.

How many days treatment totally please. Can I also have your phone number
Re: Parvo Virus For Dogs by harmargedon: 6:51am On Sep 28, 2022
Ninobraw:
Copied from nairalander.

I got

ORS -

thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

My Dog Killed This Rat Overnight / Amazing Cane Corso Puppies For Sale!! / Let Us Take Your Puppy Burdens Off You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.