Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Man Opposes Taxing The Rich Because He Believes One Day He Could Win Big In ‘bab - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Opposes Taxing The Rich Because He Believes One Day He Could Win Big In ‘bab (131 Views)

Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) / What are the top 4 Lotteries to WIN Big in Nigeria? / 18yrold Shares Ordeal How He Escaped Death Same Day He Lost Mum To Same Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Opposes Taxing The Rich Because He Believes One Day He Could Win Big In ‘bab by Blessing2098: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2021
Following the ongoing debate about whether to tax the rich more in Nigeria, a bus driver in Ibadan told YeyeNews.com on Friday that he opposes the idea of placing more tax burden on the rich because he believes one day he might win a huge sum of money from playing ‘Baba Ijebu’. “I am an ardent player of Baba Ijebu lottery. You know I could win big from it and the last thing I want is for the government trying to take it”, the bus driver said.

He further added that although he knew the odds of ever coming into that kind of wealth is very slim, he had to be prepared just in case it were to happen. “People don’t experience such lucky wins in Baba Ijebu everyday. How fair is it for the FIRS to come in the moment I make it big and take some of my jackpot? It is natural that any amount I win should be mine and only mine.

Neither Buhari nor FIRS partook in the risk I took. Besides, the more they tax those earnings the more they discourage people like us from playing the lottery. But why even bother? Should I ever be lucky enough to win big, I will quickly hide the earnings by depositing the cash in an offshore account in the Virgin Islands. I have learned how to do it from Bishop Oyedepo”.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Click below for full story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://yeyenews.com/man-opposes-taxing-the-rich-because-he-believes-one-day-he-could-win-big-in-baba-ijebu/

(1) (Reply)

Actor Femi Adebayo Receive Hot Slap From His Wife + 83 Old Alaafin Storm Gym / Actor Chiwetalu Agu Hits It Hard / What Is IC15 Cryptocurrency Index And How Does It Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.