Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC (14652 Views)

30 Herbal Medicine Hawkers In Kano Arrested For Using Vulgar Words For Advert / Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers / A Nigerian Vomits Insect After Herbalist Gave Her Some Herbal Concoctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by DonCrack: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, (NAFDAC) has warned Nigerians against patronizing hawkers who sale herbal concoctions.

The NAFDAC DG Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, said the herbal concoctions starts growing bacteria if kept for four to five days.

She also said that even though the herbal concoctions have some medicinal properties, the bacteria can still be harmful to human health and possible kill the person if taken.

She added that some herbal medicines works, but they need to go through proper research to determine the level people can consume it.

She said;

“For the liquid herbal concoctions, especially after four or five days, it starts growing bacteria.

“Even if the herbal concoction has some medicinal properties, the bacteria will kill the person first that is taking it.

“Many of our herbal medicines work but we have to do a lot of research to show how they work, at what level are we supposed to be taking them so that it will not get to the toxicity level."

https://hgsmediaplus.com/2021/12/29/stop-patronising-herbal-concoctions-from-hawkers-nafdac/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by muheeb01(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
Big fat liess just know the measurement to take that's all,but she mentioned hawkers tho,those one are illiterates,that doesn't know rules and guidelines on how to concoct or preserve herbs very well....is it not the same herbal products,leaf,bark and roots all in natural state you all add chemical to and call orthodox drugs...herbs is life and new breakthrough for human health...just know the right measurement on how to take them,when herbs get spoilt is when you don't heat it

Check my signature and profile for my work....contact me on anything about your HEALTH TRADOMEDICALLY...

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by helpsomeone: 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
muheeb01:
Big fat liess just know the measurement to take that's all,but she mentioned hawkers tho,those one are illiterates,that doesn't know rules and guidelines on how to concoct or preserve herbs very well....is it not the same herbal products,leaf,bark and roots all in natural state you all add chemical to and call orthodox drugs...herbs is life and new breakthrough for human health...just know the right measurement on how to take them,when herbs get spoilt is when you don't heat it

Check my signature and profile for my work....contact me on anything about your HEALTH TRADOMEDICALLY...
. Thanks for the enlightenment. They are just looking for ways to continue their exploitation.
Medical doctors do order for our herb products due to its quality.
On any details about our products like last long in bed, erectile dysfunctional, STD, vaginal discharge, etc.
Customer care 09078362447
WhatsApp 07018251533.
Delivery is nationwide.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by ramenojae: 5:39am On Dec 30, 2021
sad hope they'll provide jobs for the people who depend on the "agbo" industry for survival after this disclaimer?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Rtk5: 5:40am On Dec 30, 2021
Abeg where that agbo woman abeg makebi buy one bottle.

22 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by helinues: 5:40am On Dec 30, 2021

Yhen Yhen Yhen

Do you people make the drugs affordable to common masses?

There are some of the Agbo hawkers/sellers who know the right combo.

So you have been complaining about piles for quite some time, na because you never try Agbo Iya Asisat

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Lordhynet: 5:41am On Dec 30, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by BelovedofLord: 5:41am On Dec 30, 2021
HEED to this life saving advice, please!

§
Contact us for your natural man-power, no side effect whatsoever!!

§
You'll be super glad, you did!!!
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Edoreborn: 5:42am On Dec 30, 2021
Agbo lo le se o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by DarkJeddi(m): 5:43am On Dec 30, 2021
Rtk5:
Abeg where that agbo woman abeg makebi buy one bottle.
helinues:

Yhen Yhen Yhen

Do you people make the drugs affordable to common masses?

There are some of the Agbo hawkers/sellers who know the right combo.

So you have been complaining about piles for quite some time, na because you never try Agbo Iya Asisat

Continue ingesting rubbish..

Until your kidney packs up..

Hope you have saved enough money for a kidney transplant?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Biggie2000(m): 5:45am On Dec 30, 2021
Ori e buru. Come and beat us

2 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by gabicon: 5:45am On Dec 30, 2021
It's high time we standardized our local medicine, if they work like we claim, then there is big business to be made from them. Instead of the mixture liquid can they be encapsulated so we don't taste the bitterness? We really need to start seeing growth in this industry.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by irunoko(m): 5:46am On Dec 30, 2021
grin

From the way they are talking, one will think they have a better alternative meanwhile since Dora akinyuli died they've not been any better than bubu

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by ipobarethieves: 5:46am On Dec 30, 2021
sad Those hawkers only top up their herbal with water(only God knw the source of the water they use to prepare their concoction sad

3 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by TheKing4040(m): 5:48am On Dec 30, 2021
But why? I didn't take any English tablet throughout 2021, it was Agbo all through and I never felt down all sick.. So nafdac make una chill.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Gadafii: 5:50am On Dec 30, 2021
No be u go tell us wetin we go do, yeye nafdac

1 Like

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Welcomme: 5:52am On Dec 30, 2021
There are some ailments that I don't even think they have drugs for... Things like pile (Jedi Jedi) or back ache, I am yet to see anyone using orthodox drugs for it..Na better agbo me I know say dem dey take for things like this. Beginning of this year, I was always going down with Malaria. All orthodox drugs didn't work. The moment I went home and my home cooked agbo for me, I drank, steamed and bathed with the agbo, I immediately felt the changes on my body. For months now, I haven't fall sick for once. I do not recommend all these road side sellers but you see, good home made ago with the right herbs, the efficacy cannot be overemphasized.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by helinues: 5:53am On Dec 30, 2021
DarkJeddi:

Don't eat this, don't smoke this ,don't drink those yet doctors hardly clock 70 years.

Abegi, na something go eventually kill a man

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by TheKing4040(m): 5:54am On Dec 30, 2021
DarkJeddi:

Which kidney wan pack up? Even with your English drugs and tablets you are so sure of, what's the guarantee it won't mess up your kidney and other vital organs? Abi you nor know say it all started way back from root and herbs?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by CannibalTorment: 5:55am On Dec 30, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by DarkJeddi(m): 6:02am On Dec 30, 2021
helinues:

Don't eat this, don't smoke this don't drink this yet doctors hardly clock 70 years.

Abegi, na something go eventually kill a man
Doctors?

Who told you that it is doctors that did the research?

And you should be more worried about the ABYSMAL LIFE EXPECTANCY..

Of the average Nigerian..

And the accumulated reasons for it..

1 Like

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by DarkJeddi(m): 6:03am On Dec 30, 2021
TheKing4040:

Which kidney wan pack up? Even with your English drugs and tablets you are so sure of, what's the guarantee it won't mess up your kidney and other vital organs? Abi you nor know say it all started way back from root and herbs?
Atleast many of these so called English drugs..

Made an effort to research into the safety..

And side effects of their drugs..

How many have you conducted on what the Agbọ woman is hawking?

Do you even have any idea on what and what she had added in it?

4 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by helinues: 6:09am On Dec 30, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Doctors?

Who told you that it is doctors that did the research?

And you should be more worried about the ABYSMAL LIFE EXPECTANCY..

Of the average Nigerian..

And the accumulated reasons for it..

I guess you missed this part

" Na something go eventually kill a man"

Is it Ironic that someone who never taste cigarettes before would die of cancer while chain smokers won't even have anything like cancer not to die of it..

2 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by favour32(m): 6:12am On Dec 30, 2021
Herbs good but the one dem dey sell up and down na risk.
If you process am yourself with the right combination and dosage,you get optimum result.
But most of the solution herbs wey dem dey sell dey very dangerous to health.
Some dey add orthodox medicine join am during the cooking process,that unusual combination nor good for kidneys.
Herbs good if you know the theory and the practical uses of them.
But be careful,out there where dem dey carry waka up and down,most na wayo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by nijanigga: 6:14am On Dec 30, 2021
DarkJeddi:

Bruh ,you're too harsh

1 Like

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by gender123: 6:18am On Dec 30, 2021
NAFDAC done talk them own over to you 9jarians...
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by HRMK: 6:19am On Dec 30, 2021
HMMM.....A TIMELY TRUE TALK!!!
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Princeton92(m): 6:24am On Dec 30, 2021
Lost my Aunt last night to it and we never even knew what was wrong with her sef cause she doesn't reach out to us and I can count number of times I've seen her.. cry cry cry

Please help me pray for her soul

2 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Revolva(m): 6:25am On Dec 30, 2021
I don't even drink all dose rubbish ..i am tom drink herbal product it must be from a registered NAFDAC company

check my health blog below my signature for more health tips
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Lucas4903: 6:30am On Dec 30, 2021
Even NDLEA get seller for front of their gate.

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Britain's Death Toll Rises To 36,675 / What Is The English Name Of The Disease "pajapaja" / Your Newborn Baby's Birth Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.