Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC (14680 Views)

30 Herbal Medicine Hawkers In Kano Arrested For Using Vulgar Words For Advert / Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers / A Nigerian Vomits Insect After Herbalist Gave Her Some Herbal Concoctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by HonestFriend: 6:31am On Dec 30, 2021
I don talk tire... My colleague for office na every day d guy dey take shekpeh..

1 Like

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Bashnigga(m): 6:32am On Dec 30, 2021
Dem wan spoil market for Agbo sellers
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by orumba(m): 6:33am On Dec 30, 2021
Is better than most drugs you approved, useless nafdac

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by martineverest(m): 6:42am On Dec 30, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad Those hawkers only top up their herbal with water(only God knw the source of the water they use to prepare their concoction sad
exactly
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Elidrisy20: 6:43am On Dec 30, 2021
Make una leave these harbalists, make una go concentrate on omicron
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Nicenixon: 6:45am On Dec 30, 2021
I still wonder whether NAFDAC as an organization is working to its full potential, NAFDAC ought to focus on researching and improving all these local herbs and develop them to products that will be accepted by the world after passing through many lab tests. Medically, Nigeria as a country is worst.
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by newoffer: 6:46am On Dec 30, 2021
One of my Oga had ache due to corona sit at home. He went to do scan which is like 100k. The hospital start to bill him. I told to take Success herbal. One hand d back ache disappear. Nafdac need to integrate the locals with latest technology sos we don't lose those vital idea
helinues:

Yhen Yhen Yhen

Do you people make the drugs affordable to common masses?

There are some of the Agbo hawkers/sellers who know the right combo.

So you have been complaining about piles for quite some time, na because you never try Agbo Iya Asisat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by martineverest(m): 6:46am On Dec 30, 2021
Welcomme:
There are some ailments that I don't even think they have drugs for... Things like pile (Jedi Jedi) or back ache, I am yet to see anyone using orthodox drugs for it..Na better agbo me I know say dem dey take for things like this. Beginning of this year, I was always going down with Malaria. All orthodox drugs didn't work. The moment I went home and my home cooked agbo for me, I drank, steamed and bathed with the agbo, I immediately felt the changes on my body. For months now, I haven't fall sick for once. I do not recommend all these road side sellers but you see, good home made ago with the right herbs, the efficacy cannot be overemphasized.
i understand nafdac's point...but u see these chemicals called drugs are also dangerous...,.my biggest resolution this year was ditching pharmaceutical drugs for ayurvedic after testing ayurvedic medication efficacy for 3 years

Next february,i wil be celebrating 4 years of no malaria or sickness....all thanks to DIY ayurvedic and african herbal blend

1 Like

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Nicenixon: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2021
martineverest:
exactly
Bro, Life is full of risk and all those orthodox drugs are also full of chemical substance which may also endanger the physiological set of the body though I am not try to justify the use of herbs.
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Chibuezelala(m): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2021
I feel NAFDAC should have made extensive research on our herbal concoction to improve on it's form , marketability and by extension, it's global acceptance.
Even Our forefathers took this herbs and lived long, the knowledge of the preparation of it has been passed on from Generation to Generation .
Discouraging us from patronizing our indigenous technology and medicines is just ridiculous.
It shows how sold out this country is,
Like shooting one's self in the leg continuously, it affects the whole body ���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 30, 2021
Concoction is rubbish.

Bacteria and Algae laden drinks left over for days waiting for buyers.

I spent N1,000 on one and it didn't do anything till I used herbs and natural leaves to achieve my health purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 30, 2021
Bashnigga:
Dem wan spoil market for Agbo sellers

Some ingredients in them spoil after 24 hours.

Do they write Best Before dates on them?

3 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by martineverest(m): 6:54am On Dec 30, 2021
HonestFriend:
I don talk tire... My colleague for office na every day d guy dey take shekpeh..
i dont patronise agbo sellers...i detest them.but u see those natural medicines,especially ayurvedic ones (indian medicines) or dr sebi's medicines,they are far better for the body systems than phatmaceutical ones

nigeria government failed to train traditional doctor ors or make traditional medicine a course of study just like the way indians and Chinese govts are going it
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Grandmeister(m): 6:58am On Dec 30, 2021
helinues:

Yhen Yhen Yhen

Do you people make the drugs affordable to common masses?

There are some of the Agbo hawkers/sellers who know the right combo.

So you have been complaining about piles for quite some time, na because you never try Agbo Iya Asisat

So how do you know who actually knows the right combo? It's not like they paste the ingredients on the bottles do they? So you'd rather experiment with your body to find out if it was the right combo or not??

2 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Grandmeister(m): 7:02am On Dec 30, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Atleast many of these so called English drugs..

Made an effort to research into the safety..

And side effects of their drugs..

How many have you conducted on what the Agbọ woman is hawking?

Do you even have any idea on what and what she had added in it?
They don't! The just 'trust' a concoction being sold on the street without even knowing what was used, the amount of phtyto chemicals in it, the side effects and long term effects..orthodox drugs atleast conduct researches for years and on a wider population before pushing their drugs into the market. You can hold the drug makers liable but can you hold an anonymous seller on the street??

1 Like

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by martineverest(m): 7:03am On Dec 30, 2021
Nicenixon:
Bro, Life is full of risk and all those orthodox drugs are also full of chemical substance which may also endanger the physiological set of the body though I am not try to justify the use of herbs.
they are far worse than ttaditional medicine...they cure ailment and start another one inside the body...imagine taking penicillin that kills bacteria in the body,it ends up destroying the guts.....if u take natural anti-bateria like garlic,echinacea etc....they help the guts

The notion that traditional/natural drugs below pharmaceutical ones is like saying GMOs or processed foods are far better tham natural foods

I get what nafdac is trying to pass across.those agbo sellers are too unhygeinic and non chalant

2 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by sammirano: 7:05am On Dec 30, 2021
Whether we like it or not, there are risks attached to taking agbo. What the govt needs to do is sensitize the producers of these herbal medicine best practices. I perdonally detest OTC drigs because of side efffects and weak results
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Burgerlomo: 7:05am On Dec 30, 2021
grin

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:07am On Dec 30, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Continue ingesting rubbish..

Until your kidney packs up..

Hope you have saved enough money for a kidney transplant?

The oyinbo man wey get kidney problems, Na agbo cause am too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:08am On Dec 30, 2021
gabicon:
It's high time we standardized our local medicine, if they work like we claim, then there is big business to be made from them. Instead of the mixture liquid can they be encapsulated so we don't taste the bitterness? We really need to start seeing growth in this industry.

The bitterness is the active ingredient, that's the component of the herb in its natural state that fights the ailments
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:09am On Dec 30, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad Those hawkers only top up their herbal with water(only God knw the source of the water they use to prepare their concoction sad

Do you know the source of water they use in making these drugs you buy

1 Like

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Grandmeister(m): 7:10am On Dec 30, 2021
martineverest:
they are far worse than ttaditional medicine...they cure ailment and start another one inside the body...imagine taking penicillin that kills bacteria in the body,it ends up destroying the guts.....if u take natural anti-bateria like garlic,echinacea etc....they help the guts

The notion that traditional/natural drugs below pharmaceutical ones is like saying GMOs or processed foods are far better tham natural foods

I get what nafdac is trying to pass across.those agbo sellers are too unhygeinic and non chalant
So you still ended up agreeing with nafdac then. Nobody is against natural remedies which everyone is aware of. Fruits and vegetables prevent a lot of sicknesses, we were taught that in school. Ginger, garlic, tomatoes does wonders. But patronising someone who mixed unknown herbs and roots in unknown hygienic conditions with unknown after effects with unknown address is just way too risky and foolish(I am not referring to you)
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:17am On Dec 30, 2021
Lucas4903:
Even NDLEA get seller for front of their gate.

E just be like road safety abi VIO wey arrest one guy say him dey drive with expired tires, whereas, their own tires were discovered to have expired, too. grin grin

Stupid NAFDAC.
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by nedekid: 7:18am On Dec 30, 2021
Welcomme:
There are some ailments that I don't even think they have drugs for... Things like pile (Jedi Jedi) or back ache, I am yet to see anyone using orthodox drugs for it..Na better agbo me I know say dem dey take for things like this. Beginning of this year, I was always going down with Malaria. All orthodox drugs didn't work. The moment I went home and my home cooked agbo for me, I drank, steamed and bathed with the agbo, I immediately felt the changes on my body. For months now, I haven't fall sick for once. I do not recommend all these road side sellers but you see, good home made ago with the right herbs, the efficacy cannot be overemphasized.
Read the advice given. They said do not patronize the harbal hawkers. Thay did not say it does not work. What they said is that these people keep the agbo for a while. There is growth of bacteria in the soaked roots. When injested it causes other problems that may negate the efficacy of the herbal mixture.
Simply saying you are treating one issue and installing another.
If you did basic biology, you will know soaking herbs, roots in water for 3 days and at temperature, you will grow culture.
I noticed the one you used for your maleria was freshly made, boiled and you consumed it hot. It was not kept for extended period. Therein is the difference.
I also think buying the agbo and mixing it with quality alcohol ( not the cheap ethanol those women use that can damage liver) is better than using water. Bacteria will have difficulties growing in alcohol compared to water.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Badonasty(m): 7:24am On Dec 30, 2021
I suppose don die tey tey be that
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by omonla10(m): 7:29am On Dec 30, 2021
What naija lack is enforcement.. Is it difficult to ban all concoction sellers in Nigeria? No.
The agbo joint even serve as headquarters for area boys in most parts of Lagos.. Around 20 to 30 gather to drink in every nite at once in my area while harassing road users..

From police brutality, to corruption, to illegal drugs, prostitution etc.. Govt can actually stop it if they wish to.. But the decay in d land profits those in our govt
Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by Ddigit: 7:31am On Dec 30, 2021
There was a time I almost died in Ibadan. All the Orthodox medicine couldn't help for 3 days, Na agbo finally saved me...... Agbo lo le se ooo

1 Like

Re: Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC by wisdom042(m): 7:47am On Dec 30, 2021
I guess NAFDAC wants to start selling Agbo or perhaps ask every hawkers to register in their office so they can be given their NAFDAC number. Agbo that has been solving lots problems that u guys wants to stop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does It Really Mean That There Is No Cure For Staphylococcus? / COVID-19 Update For October 5 2020 In Nigeria - (2,120 Tested) / COVID-19: Ogun State Launches Sample Collection Centre In Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.