Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? (27273 Views)

What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? / Please What Does Na Dem Dey Rush Us Mean? / Help! What Do ND And HND Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:41am On Dec 30, 2021
Blind Carbon Copy, receives your email but won't see other recipients you sent same email to.

Carbon Copy receives the email and see the names of others you sent same email to
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by tunjijones(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2021
So you mean some people don't know this?

Most people don't even know how to you their phones to 100 percent efficiency especially all those girls that use iPhones. Most of them under utilize the phone.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by slimpoppa(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2021
Cc means copy
Bcc means Blind copy.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by oluplus(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2021
Phils:
Whenever I am sending a mail, I always bcc my alternate mail. I refer to it to be sure the main mail has been sent.

NB
TO is the principal recipient of the mail;
CC is the secondary recipient of the mail;
BCC is the tertiary recipient of the mail.

When sending cc to more than one person, it considered good practice to start listing the person's based on heirachy/seniority/relevance to the mail content.

Thank you, but I taught its from the most junior to the most senior.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Lamasta(m): 7:43am On Dec 30, 2021
Thumbs up OP

1 Like

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by nabeelbabs: 7:48am On Dec 30, 2021
CC - COMING OF CHRIST

BCC - BEFORE COMING OF CHRIST
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by GorillaApp(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2021
ignis:
I know this since 20 years ago.
Same here. We don old be that
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Handsum64: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2021
CC Copy
BCC Blind Copy
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by phemmyfour: 8:03am On Dec 30, 2021
Amwitty:
Wow serious eye opener thanks OP.
Lala please do the needful insightful reviews like this should be at the front page. T thanks
lol...even yahoo boys know this. Na them they use am pass
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by phemmyfour: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2021
Phils:
Whenever I am sending a mail, I always bcc my alternate mail. I refer to it to be sure the main mail has been sent.

NB
TO is the principal primary recipient of the mail;
CC is the secondary recipient of the mail;
BCC is the tertiary recipient of the mail.

When sending cc to more than one person, it considered good practice to start listing the person's based on heirachy/seniority/relevance to the mail content.
Lol, next time just check your sent mails
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by phemmyfour: 8:08am On Dec 30, 2021
oluplus:

No, you can't put senior cadre under a junior cadre.

It's always top to bottom...For example

Director
D Director
Asst. Director
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Essonaku: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2021
I have learned wooo
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by creepsyme(f): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2021
Odunharry:

Some see it as offence if you dnt list the emails/names in order of Seniority or rank.
In the banking sector it starts from lowest to highest.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Shimran(m): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2021
cliqtips:
CC stands for Carbon Copy,
while BCC stands for stands for Blind Carbon Copy

2. When you CC, all recipients will see everyone you copied or you are sending the same email to i.e the email address appears after the Cc

while if you BCC, other recipients will not see everyone you copied or you are sending the same email to i.e -> the Email address of the recipients specified in this field do not appear in the received message header and the recipients in the To or Cc fields will not know that a copy sent to these address.

Thanks. This ur explanation is more simpler than the OP
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Odunharry(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2021
creepsyme:

In the banking sector it starts from lowest to highest.
Oh, didn't know about this until now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Web2020: 8:24am On Dec 30, 2021
Please, learn when and how to use it. If you don't use the BCC appropriately it can cost you your job. Use it intentionally.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Enddy50ty(m): 8:27am On Dec 30, 2021
And I have been using them for years without knowing their meaning...
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by HEAVEN4444: 8:37am On Dec 30, 2021
This is simple sturves now. me i use the bcc when i apply for 100 jobs and i dont want to be doing it individually, i just BCC 99 of the applications and use 1 as CC because you dont want these employers to see you applying for 100 jobs at once. they will reject you immediately because they know you are not exclusively applying for only their own job. and so the purpose of the BCC is that each person will think it is only them you are writing to. they dont know the same message went to 100 people
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by observanc1: 8:38am On Dec 30, 2021
Odunharry:

Some see it as offence if you dnt list the emails/names in order of Seniority or rank.
i do cc in seniority order, but ascending order.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by observanc1: 8:40am On Dec 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
No, you can't put senior cadre under a junior cadre.

It's always top to bottom...For example

Director
D Director
Asst. Director
i do bottom top
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by hofeshhomes: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2021
Thanks but knew this since 2000
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by kunle75(m): 8:48am On Dec 30, 2021
Odunharry:

Yes you are right especially in Nigeria working space,I find that amazing and different here .
No one cares about that.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by mfm04622: 8:53am On Dec 30, 2021
decub:

Good!

Also, if the sent mail is replied (reply all), the BCC'ed won't receive a copy of the mail.

If the reply all button is used, they will get a copy!

1 Like

Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by hefelove(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2021
Posa:
Ever wondered what Ccand BCC means when sending an email
Wonder no more
Cc stands for "carbon copy."

Anyone you add to the "cc" field of a message receives a copy of that message when you send it. All other recipients of that message can see that person you designated as a cc: recipient.

Bcc: stands for "blind carbon copy." Anyone you add to the bcc: field of a message receives a copy of that message when you send it. But, bcc: recipients are invisible and their identities concealed to all the other recipients of the message including other Bcc: recipients.

Now what is the importance of this knowledge of Cc and Bcc?

Sometimes if you are being referred by someone to apply for a job, you may sometimes need to put the person that referred you in copy to further strengthen your chances. Its more like a referral.

If you want the person you send the application, to know who referred you, you use Cc, if you want to code it, so other don't know about other recipient you use Bcc.

Mods pls move to FP for wider views

Op how come my boss manages to see all our emails in office from her own system angry dey monitor emails like say she be our girlfriend, sometimes she go just jump reply mail from no where
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Blankstare(m): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2021
Nice. Remind me full meaning of goggle again pls
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by jamace(m): 9:19am On Dec 30, 2021
Hmm. Knowledge sef.

Thanks OP. cool
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Posa: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2021
Your boss is a monitoring spirit
hefelove:

Op how come my boss manages to see all our emails in office from her own system angry dey monitor emails like say she be our girlfriend, sometimes she go just jump reply mail from no where
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by CaptainFM1: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2021
oluplus:

The relevance of the mail is equally important.
If the mail needs attention of a Supervisor before a Manager and finally the GM, then you can list the CC in this order Supervisor>>Manager>>GM.

A lot of formalty called "office etiquettes" comes into play. And some organization may spell out how you should use the CC and BCC especially if you are a junior staff.

I've seen a supervisor that frown at CCing or BCCing anyone above him especially if the mail indicts him. (It would just seems like you are reporting your boss to his boss).

I've also seen a boss that would request all the people you BCC'd in other to make sure everyone is duly replied and no one is left out of the loop of your earlier reporting of him.

In all, there's the standard practice, the respect practice, office etiquettes/politics among others. You just have to use it wisely as it suits the purpose especially if you are in a formal environment.
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Posa: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2021
GOOGLE simply means a procedure where you open your browsers e.g Firefox, Chrome, e.t.c and type "google" in the search filed
The result you get is the meaning of google
You gerrit?
Blankstare:

Nice. Remind me full meaning of goggle again pls
Re: Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2021
Ahmback:
And i've been too lazy for years to google this. Thanks op

I was thought that in Jss2 Business Studies class in 2001.

The CC Carbon Copy is the letter typed on typewriter with carbon paper fixed at back of the original paper to duplicate what the typist is punching on the typing machine.

The BCC came in the advert of electronic email.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Nigerian Student Beaten Mercilessly On The Street Of Malaysia / MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. / SSANU, NASU To Begin 14-Day Nationwide Warning Strike On October 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.