Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,106 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges (442 Views)

Derek Chauvin Found Guilty Of All Charges In The George Floyd Murder / Roger Stone Found Guilty On All Charges In Wikileaks Hacking Case / Two Trump Lieutenants Found Guilty, President Implicated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36am On Dec 30, 2021
Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty on 5 Out of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges
National

Steven Ertelt
| Dec 29, 2021 | 6:36PM |
Washington, DC

Accomplice of disgraced liberal financier Jeffrey Epstein, Ghislaine Maxwell, was found guilty Wednesday on five of the six sex trafficking counts against her.

Prosecutors argued “Maxwell and Epstein were a wealthy couple who used their privilege to prey on kids from struggling families,” according to CNN. “The way that they selected these girls tells you that they were targeting vulnerable kids. It is not an accident that Jane and Kate and Annie and Carolyn all came from single-mother households."

“She was a sophisticated predator who knew exactly what she was doing,” prosecutor Alison Moe said, according to the New York Post. “When you’re with someone for 11 years, you know what they like.”

Maxwell faced six federal charges in relation to allegedly grooming four girls during the 1990’s and into the 2000’s; three counts of conspiracy, sex trafficking of minors, enticing a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts and transporting a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. Maxwell pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Not only were the girls abused and trafficked but they were subjected to forced abortions when impregnated.

One victim who was raped by paedophile Jeffrey Epstein said he pressured her into aborting her unborn baby and then threatened her if she told. Epstein, who had connections to British royalty, former President Bill Clinton and other powerful figures, was at the centre of the case along with Maxwell.

“Jane Doe,” one of their many alleged victims, said she was drugged and raped by both Epstein and Maxwell, starting when she was 14 years old, Newsweek reports. Doe is involved in a lawsuit against Epstein’s estate.

“She did rape me,” Doe told Fox News. “I would say it’s more than 20 or 30 times. She is just as evil as Jeffrey Epstein. She is a rapist.”

Doe said the abuse began in 1991 in Florida. When she was 16, Doe said she became pregnant by Epstein and was pressured into aborting her unborn baby, the Metro reports.

“I had never been with anyone except for him,” she said. “The fact that I had to kill my child really affected me and my family.”

After aborting her unborn child, Doe said she was gang-raped as a final punishment and then threatened with a gun.

“Ghislaine was a part of it and Jeffrey Epstein was a part of it and I was drugged, gang raped and left on the lawn and they put a gun to me,” she told Fox News. “The man that drove me home said … I would never come back alive if I spoke about it.”

Guilty as charged. Five of the six counts. shocked

For More

1 Share

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by judgementyard(m): 1:49am On Dec 30, 2021
I just love the American justice system.
Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Dec 30, 2021
OLAADEGBU:

Guilty as charged. Five of the six counts. shocked

For More

Prince Andrew Accuser, Virginia Giuffre, Hails Ghislaine Maxwell's Guilty Verdict

Giuffre who claims she was forced to sleep with Prince Andrew aged 17 after being sex trafficked by Ghislaine Maxwell hails her guilty verdict as 'another step towards justice'

Read More
Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by vedaxcool(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2022
I wonder why they aren't going after her customers who include many wealthy and powerful people like Trump?
Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
vedaxcool:

I wonder why they aren't going after her customers who include many wealthy and powerful people like Trump?

There is nothing to see here. cheesy
Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by vedaxcool(m): 12:45am On Jan 11, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

There is nothing to see here. cheesy

Indeed!
Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49am On Jan 13, 2022

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by gambojimeta: 5:04am On Jan 13, 2022

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein brought EIGHT young women along on his visits to the Clinton White House and displayed photos of himself posing at the Briefing Room podium at his Palm Beach mansion
• Visitor logs obtained by DailyMail.com reveal Jeffrey Epstein was not always alone when he visited the Clinton White House between 1993 and 1995
• Records show he brought along eight women, including his girlfriends Celina Midelfart, Eva Andersson, Francis Jardine, and Ghislaine Maxwell
• His relationship with the four other women who accompanied him - Jennifer Garrison; Shelley Gafni; Jennifer Driver; Lyoubov Orlova - is unclear
• Flight logs from Epstein's private planes tally with White House visitor records showing the eight women were with him during his visits
• Maxwell's high-profile trial in New York heard sensational claims that Epstein was seeing Midelfart, now 48, - a Norwegian heiress - in the mid 1990s
• Andersson, 61, a physician and former Miss Sweden, was also a witness in the sex trafficking trial where she confirmed she dated Epstein in the 80s and 90s
• The nature of Epstein's accompanied visits is not disclosed in White House visitor logs, but one of them coincided with a swanky dinner in the Blue Room
• Never-before-seen photos also reveal the disgraced financier kept pictures of himself at the White House Briefing Room podium at his Palm Beach mansion
By DANIEL BATES and THOMAS VOLSCHO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 19:08, 13 January 2022 | UPDATED: 19:23, 13 January 2022

Source
Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by gambojimeta: 6:09am On Jan 14, 2022

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Jan 19, 2022
Maxwell Will No Longer Protect the Names of 8 Men Allegedly Tied to Epstein's Secret Operation
By Michael Austin
January 17, 2022 at 3:08pm

To many, the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell set a precedent.

It meant that even the elite can be held to account for their crimes.

Now, it appears that eight more men possibly involved in the crimes of convicted sex offender and accused child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein will be held to account.

READ MORE

(1) (Reply)

EU & NATO: Is This Hate, Or Just Hypocrisy? / Russia Will Eventually Win / Syria's Damascus Airport Disabled After Israeli Strikes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.