Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 (1163 Views)

10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. / Top5 Popular Countries With Highest Rape Cases / Top 5 Countries With The Highest And Lowest Crime Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by neutralmind: 8:11am On Dec 30, 2021
Overall crime rate is calculated by dividing the total number of reported crimes of any kind by the total population, then multiplying the result by 100,000 (because crime rate is typically reported as X number of crimes per 100,000 people).

Crime rates vary greatly from country to country and are influenced by many factors. For example, high poverty levels and unemployment tend to inflate a country's crime rate. Conversely, strict police enforcement and severe sentences tend to reduce crime rates.

There is also a strong correlation between age and crime, with most crimes, especially violent crimes, being committed by those ages 20-30 years old.

The overall crime rate in the United States is 47.70. The violent crime rate in the United States has decreased sharply over the past 25 years. Crimes rates vary significantly between the states, with states with such as Alaska, New Mexico, and Tennessee experiencing much higher crime rates than states such as Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.

Some of the world's lowest crime rates are seen in Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Japan, and New Zealand. Each of these countries has very effective law enforcement, and Denmark, Norway, and Japan have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world.

Countries with the Highest Crime Rates

The countries with the ten highest crime rates in the world are:

Venezuela (83.76)
Papua New Guinea (80.79)
South Africa (76.86)
Afghanistan (76.31)
Honduras (74.54)
Trinidad and Tobago (71.63)
Guyana (68.74)
El Salvador (67.79)
Brazil (67.49)
Jamaica (67.42)

*All numerical rates are expressed per 100,000 people

Source: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/crime-rate-by-country
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by DarkJeddi(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2021
G
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by Flamees(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2021
Where's American

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by IbadeHQ: 10:31am On Dec 30, 2021
neutralmind:
Overall crime rate is calculated by dividing the total number of reported crimes of any kind by the total population, then multiplying the result by 100,000 (because crime rate is typically reported as X number of crimes per 100,000 people).

Crime rates vary greatly from country to country and are influenced by many factors. For example, high poverty levels and unemployment tend to inflate a country's crime rate. Conversely, strict police enforcement and severe sentences tend to reduce crime rates.

There is also a strong correlation between age and crime, with most crimes, especially violent crimes, being committed by those ages 20-30 years old.

The overall crime rate in the United States is 47.70. The violent crime rate in the United States has decreased sharply over the past 25 years. Crimes rates vary significantly between the states, with states with such as Alaska, New Mexico, and Tennessee experiencing much higher crime rates than states such as Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.

Some of the world's lowest crime rates are seen in Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Japan, and New Zealand. Each of these countries has very effective law enforcement, and Denmark, Norway, and Japan have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world.

Countries with the Highest Crime Rates

The countries with the ten highest crime rates in the world are:

Venezuela (83.76)
Papua New Guinea (80.79)
South Africa (76.86)
Afghanistan (76.31)
Honduras (74.54)
Trinidad and Tobago (71.63)
Guyana (68.74)
El Salvador (67.79)
Brazil (67.49)
Jamaica (67.42)
Nigeria (100.1) _ mistakenly excluded.

*All numerical rates are expressed per 100,000 people

Source: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/crime-rate-by-country
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by minks(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2021
Why is Nigeria not top on that list? I suspect this report.
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by anonymuz(m): 11:33am On Dec 30, 2021
That report na scam. Nigeria should have been on the first.
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by neutralmind: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2021
minks:

On what basis?
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by neutralmind: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
anonymuz:

Figures don't lie....
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by Gnosis777: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
I knew before I clicked on this thread, America wasn't going to be on the list, but it definitely should be.
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by paulolee(m): 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
the report maybe true based on process of data collection..
theirs is by the numbers of reported crime meaning the unreported crimes are void..
that is to say, a country dt is riddled by crime bt not reported is save from dis list..

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by MufasaLion: 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2021
My dear U.S. ain't on the list, same as Nigeria also. I would have countered it but clearly, figures don't lie.
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by MufasaLion: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
anonymuz:

Do your calculations and give us the result if you ain't convinced.
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by MufasaLion: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2021
paulolee:
the report maybe true based on process of data collection..
theirs is by the numbers of reported crime meaning the unreported crimes are void..
that is to say, a country dt is riddled by crime bt not reported is save from dis list..

Another angle.
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by adecz: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2021
⏩❌⏩Where is my country Nigeria❓❓☹️
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by mediainc: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2021
minks:
Nigeria is not as crime ridden as these countries...go and do your own report grin
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by Xtianah09: 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2021
How come south Africa is on that list and Nigeria is missing
Re: Countries With The Highest Crime Rates In 2021 by mysticwarrior(m): 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
I know south Africa must be on the list, south Africa is the headquarter of criminalities in Africa.

(1) (Reply)

More Trouble As Ex-con, 35, Seeks Revenge On 71-yr-old Sleeping With His Wife / Abia: Boy, 17, Kills Woman, 35, For Blocking Advances To Her Daughter / My prophet husband womanises, drinks, gambles', woman tells Lagos court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.