Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigerian Teaching Hospital Becoming A Killing Center - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Teaching Hospital Becoming A Killing Center (343 Views)

Between Federal Medical Center And Teaching Hospital, Which Is Higher Ranked?? / Entrance Of Lagos University Teaching Hospital Will Shock You (photo) / Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Teaching Hospital Becoming A Killing Center by dchem(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2021
I have read several complains about teaching hospitals and how some doctors and nurses display terrible attitude to work.

From unavailability of small items like pulse oximeter for their nurses to allowing patients in severe conditions to stay without an existing line for injections simply because no doctor to set a new line (Nurses are taught how to set injection lines in school). In some cases even lack of visitation by consultants who is assigned your case because we don't have enough or they are overworked . Several minor issues that can lead to needless death of patients.

We will all die someday but living in Nigeria brings the day forward by several years. Indeed it is beyond leadership at this point because even the populace in public sectors and some private sectors exhibit the same neaseous attitude to work as our leaders.

I lost my dad in a Lagos Teaching Hospital not because the hospital was not well equipped but because the consultant would ask for a test and come to see the results several days after and carelessness of the nurse on duty.

I don't blame the rich who can afford foreign health care for seeking it out. Indeed in all delicate profession your attitude to work most times is the thin line between life and death. For now I would not advice anyone whose relation has a serious issue requiring intensive care to take them to teaching hospitals in Nigeria especially if you can afford private hospitals.
Re: Nigerian Teaching Hospital Becoming A Killing Center by jansonn(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
I'm sorry for your lose man, but this Nigerian health system is a lot more complex than what most of us know. Even doctors will face thesame fate as your father if they fall ill. God help us all

(1) (Reply)

Weaning Our Baby / I'm A Therapist For Children With ADHD, ADD, Autism, DS, Etc.I'm Based In Owerri / Help! My Skin Is Damaging.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.