Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) (6949 Views)

Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? / Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? / Why Is No One Talking About Fayose's Presidential Ambition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by proxitaly: 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2021
New York city still beats Shanghai no cap
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by IGBOSON1: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
No matter how Shanghai dresses itself, it will always be a poor imitation of New York!

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
So your definition of beauty is numerous skyscraper Abi?
Well, the thing is China needs more infrastructure than America, especially this skyscraper that you are so obsessed about.

Based on their population ratio, for every 1 high-rise building that America has, China should have at least four or five. That doesn't mean more beaitiful, it means more reasonable.

I could remember when one US governor (I've forgotten which) was quizzed as to why his State doesn't have a bullet train like another Chinese state. He stated that what they have was doing its job well and they don't need any bullet train, even though they could do it. The Chinese needs to move more people faster than the US due to population density.

Netherland is in my opinion more beautiful than both US and China and they don't have as much tall fancy buildings.

At the end of the day though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But even so, beauty depends on so many factors. High-rise buildings is just one of them.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by IGBOSON1: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2021
Rilwayne001:

Not really. We really hear of the west more than the Asians because the west colonized us and they projected their lives in our psych, including that of their allies, even embedded some in our culture.

Imagine if the Chinese were the ones that colonized Nigerians

I reckon the bolded explains it...to some extent, but it’s not the major reason! The MAJOR reason is down to the liberal, democratic and christian values that are the hallmarks on which western nations are built....coupled with their cosmopolitan nature and respect for human rights!

Funnily enough, the citizens from these closed societies lacking in the aforementioned values and which are normally ruled by hegemonic despots....they have more faith in these western societies and would rather their kids are brought up there than in their native countries! Remember Kabul airport of a few months back...when muslim fathers and mothers were handing their kids over to US soldiers to take back with them to the US? This is the West their rulers and mallams tell them are of the devil! Also, notice how illegal immigrants from the Arab world and Asia don’t mind risking life and limb just to get to Europe (esp’ the UK) or the US?

So like i said, colonialism only accounts for a small part of the reason western countries are the most preferred choice and destination for the rest of the world!

6 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Karleb(m): 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
Because they don't speak English.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by MufasaLion: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
After New York City, I'd rather go to Tokyo.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by IGBOSON1: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

I’d choose Tokyo over Shanghai any day! There’s just something pretentious and fake about Shanghai!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
I have nothing to say about folks that created the virus killing millions around the world. Bio-warfare is the worst kind of warfare some Nazi shit. it wouldn't too bad to test a nuke on that shining city freaking city.

I dey bad mood angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by ba7man(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cashsteady:

We are talking about cities not football club... Funny how most people don't wanna admit that China is now far better than the US in almost every aspect..

America is living on old glory... China is the future know this and know peace..
If you have the option of an American visa or a Chinese visa, which one would you choose??

3 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by plaetton: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
Rilwayne001:

Not really. We really hear of the west more than the Asians because the west colonized us and they projected their lives in our psych, including that of their allies, even embedded some in our culture.

Imagine if the Chinese were the ones that colonized Nigerians
Well said
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nuzo1(m): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
backbencher:

That is kind of my point

The more popular the culture, the more popular the country.

China right now doesn't have much of a popular culture mark compared to even Japan, Korea and the USA.

And once a country's culture is popular, so also the country,which is why more people know about New York than Shanghai

Yes China is getting better. And it does not bother me . Civilization come, civilization go. The UK used to be powerful back in the 19th century

I laughed when I saw someone call you an illiterate for clearly pointing out why Shanghai is not that popular. It shows that most Nigerian youths may actually be worse than their old leaders.

I’ve lived in Shanghai for sometime. I love the city and her people. I love the food, the skyline and her economic opportunities.

But to a large extent, that’s where it ends. No true depths. No true culture and identity as almost everything is copied. From the dress pertain to the architecture. Everything is western. Kind of New York part 2. So what’s there to talk about when you can the Original; New York?

As “artificial” as Singapore may be, it has better depth than Shanghai. At least, her structural and human development could make up for lack of cultural depth.

Like you said, cultures drive development. And the more progressive the culture is, the higher the popularity. The South Korean, Japanese and most importantly the American are or were progressive and that made them popular.

If the mass produced knockoffs and cheap goods coming from China were to reduce today, China would be history in a short time.

Please be aware that I’m not a fan of New York. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by dasparrow: 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cashsteady:
Shanghai is by far the most advanced city in the world better than New York and all American cities but still don't understand why it doesn't get the hype

Why do you care? Are you Chinese? Some of you have no shame gaskiya! As an African MAN, why can't you people accomplish what Asian and White men have been able to accomplish for their people which is create economically thriving and advanced orderly societies? The only thing the Nigerian and African bred man is known for is sexual promiscuity and the oppression and maltreatment of women and children. No wonder there is not a single African country ruled by a Black African man that is a first world country.

All you people know how to do is to come on Nairaland to hype other people's countries. Shame no dey catch una. How many times do White and Asian men hype African nations on their online platforms or even in real life? Back in the era of transatlantic slave trade, the Black African man could not protect his societies from the marauding european colonialists and slave traders who carted away thousands of African men, women and children in chains while the Black African man stood there like a tree and could not do anything about it.

Today, the Black African man is the only one amongst men of other racial groups that has failed woefully in creating economically progressive and thriving societies. This is why he keeps migrating up and down and hyping far away lands that do not belong to him and of which he has no ancestral lineage to. The Chinese people no kuku send Africans message. I still remember back in 2020 when the chinese in China where throwing Africans out of their apartments and on to the street despite the fact that it was the fvcking chinese that gifted the world with Covid that we are still battling with!

I don't care about anything China. And no, I don't care about Shanghai and neither should you. Focus on fixing your messed up homeland because as long as Africa as a continent remains underdeveloped, the Black African man will continue to be looked down upon no matter where in the world he finds himself. Got it?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Oyiboman69: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cashsteady:

We are talking about cities not football club... Funny how most people don't wanna admit that China is now far better than the US in almost every aspect..

America is living on old glory... China is the future know this and know peace..

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by MufasaLion: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
IGBOSON1:

I’d choose Tokyo over Shanghai any day! There’s just something pretentious and fake about Shanghai!

Damn straight!

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by mrMeen(m): 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
safesurfer:
Well, the thing is China needs more infrastructure than America, especially this skyscraper that you are so obsessed about.

Based on their population ratio, for every 1 high-rise building that America has, China should have at least four or five. That doesn't mean more beaitiful, it means more reasonable.

I could remember when one US governor (I've forgotten which) was quizzed as to why his State doesn't have a bullet train like another Chinese state. He stated that what they have was doing its job well and they don't need any bullet train, even though they could do it. The Chinese needs to move more people faster than the US due to population density.

Netherland is in my opinion more beautiful than both US and China and they don't have as much tall fancy buildings.

At the end of the day though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But even so, beauty depends on so many factors. High-rise buildings is just one of them.
that governor is lying, the US states are in a dire need of a public transportation system. which system do they have that is as efficient as the Chinese transport system??

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Ekealterego: 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2021
MufasaLion:
Inside New York Street is not all that... looks like a city in decline...however, from pictures, looking at it from afar, it looks great.

If I imagine a futuristic city, it will be Japanese cities.

There seem to be a difference in Outlook between European cities and American or Asian cities. While Europeans seem to be very very big about conservation and protecting the ancient character of their cities and then new ones to be more "greenwashed", US and Asians seem to be more focused on building technologically futuristic cities.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by okeyglm: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
safesurfer:

oga China is far advance than usa in technology. has more high rise building than usa. USA president is just giving you Nigeria politicians kind of excuses, alot of countries has bullet train doesn't means that their population density is high.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by lampi: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
Nobody talks about China because their technology is always borrowed, they have no distinct tech originated by them. China is a leech and almost everything about them is fake. Go to Japan and south Korea and see what technology means

7 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by MufasaLion: 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2021
Ekealterego:

Inside New York Street is not all that... looks like a city in decline...however, from pictures, looking at it from afar, it looks great.

If I imagine a futuristic city, it will be Japanese cities.

There seem to be a difference in Outlook between European cities and American or Asian cities. While Europeans seem to be very very big about conservation and protecting the ancient character of their cities and then new ones to be more "greenwashed", US and Asians seem to be more focused on building technologically futuristic cities.

You're right! Europeans don't joke about the conservation.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
okeyglm:
oga China is far advance than usa in technology. has more high rise building than usa. USA president is just giving you Nigeria politicians kind of excuses, alot of countries has bullet train doesn't means that their population density is high.

I'm sorry, but you don't really know what you are saying as per your first sentence.

CHINA IS NOT MORE ADVANCE THAN THE USA IN TECHNOLOGY! This is not a matter of argument. That's a fact.

China actually depends on American technology to meet its local demands.

You can do your research and get back to me. Don't just make blanket statements without facts.

As for the governor in question, I have nothing to say on that cos I don't have any fact or data to agree or disagree with him.

But on technology, America remains number one in the world. Xi Jiping last year announced a ten-year (2030) plan to reduce China's over reliance on American technology, so I don't know where you got your information from,lol

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by okeyglm: 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
safesurfer:

I'm sorry, but you don't really know what you are saying as per your first sentence.

CHINA IS NOT MORE ADVANCE THAN THE USA IN TECHNOLOGY! This is not a matter of argument. That's a fact.

China actually depends on American technology to meet its local demands.

You can do your research and get back to me. Don't just make blanket statements without facts.

As for the governor in question, I have nothing to say on that cos I don't have any fact or data to agree or disagree with him.

But on technology, America remains number one in the world. Xi Jiping last year announced a ten-year (2030) plan to reduce China's over reliance on American technology, so I don't know where you got your information from,lol
too much cnn, Western propaganda.. visit both countries will change ur view. example, robot is like a pure water in china ,
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
okeyglm:
too much cnn, Western propaganda.. visit both countries will change ur view. example, robot is like a pure water in china ,

Lol. You are very funny.

Okay. How was the US able to partially cripple a big firm like HUAWEI, for example?

By simply limiting their access to critical technology. They are now threatening some Chinese firms with the same sanctions because of their support of China's maltreatment of the Uigyhur Muslims. They can sanction those companies because they rely on ameritech.

You talk about western propaganda and watching too much CNN and that's because the facts favour America.

But when America is ranked as one of the least safest countries in the world, in the same level as Nigeria, Pakistan, etc. Then it is no longer western propaganda but a fact to be believed, huh?

For tech, China doesn't even measure up to, say, S/Korea or Japan, not to talk of the United States.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
I just wanted to mention that the commenter who most quoted on the first page may have made a mistake. Very few people know of American clubs and footballers. Who cares about MLS Lol.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by okeyglm: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
safesurfer:

Lol. You are very funny.

Okay. How was the US able to partially cripple a big firm like HUAWEI, for example?

By simply limiting their access to critical technology. They are now threatening some Chinese firms with the same sanctions because of their support of China's maltreatment of the Uigyhur Muslims. They can sanction those companies because they rely on ameritech.

You talk about western propaganda and watching too much CNN and that's because the facts favour America.

But when America is ranked as one of the least safest countries in the world, in the same level as Nigeria, Pakistan, etc. Then it is no longer western propaganda but a fact to be believed, huh?

For tech, China doesn't even measure up to, say, S/Korea or Japan, not to talk of the United States.
I am sure you are using Chinese phone to type all this nonsense. banning Huawei has that stopped them from being top phone manufacturer and gadgets. the ist people to use 5G network,now 6G will soon be out. Western media has truely blinded you seriously.

https://pandaily.com/alibabas-self-driving-robots-deliver-over-one-million-orders/

China is not ur mate.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by duro4chang(m): 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
updatechange:
because it's too far... tongue
Too far from?
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by lakesidepapa(m): 11:35pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cashsteady:
Shanghai is by far the most advanced city in the world better than New York and all American cities but still don't understand why it doesn't get the hype

The reason is simple;

Because New York or lemme say America has the largest and booming economy in the world. people revolves around good economy, who beautiful city help

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by DOTian: 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2021
Cashsteady:

I laugh at Nigerians when they mock China. If you follow news item from Nigeria, you will think that China is secluded and backward entity. But china is a very stunning country. Very very beautiful. Stunning structures! Go to Shenzhen.., Dalian, Ningbo, Yiwu, Wuhan, Chongqing... These guys build big, build to awe and shock! The skycrappers are endless. There are more skycrappers in a county in China than in the whole Nigeria! It's unbelievable what a Communist party has done for these people. It's is even more overwhelming when you realize that most of all these were built within the last 30 years!

If you have lived in a neighborhood in a city in China and left for a year. If you come back , you would struggle to locate your former abode.. Shenzhen was built new, ditto Ningbo. The Tinhe district of Guangzhou was built over the last few years. They're building something everyday. And that's where the main difference between China and such basket cases like Nigeria lies. We build nothing. Even if it's one big structure a month, a year.. We build nothing. Just some funny looking bungalows we call estates.. Even the westerners that live in China are always stunned beyond words with what the Chinese have achieved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by IclintonN: 12:28am On Dec 31, 2021
Cashsteady:

. Bro you know this please why are here in 9JA? . I no get why?
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Quiny32323: 1:50am On Dec 31, 2021
Saturn444:
When was the right time that you see highly successful people who do not depend on external funding using megaphones?

China is moving their humans to Tier 1 civilization and they do not think they have done enough yet.

When China is done, the difference between night and day will be the moon.

They will launch a new moon

In terms of infrastructural development, they are on top of their game but in terms of advancement in humanity,freedom of consciousness/social life and human right, china is underdeveloped.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Quiny32323: 1:54am On Dec 31, 2021
DOTian:

I laugh at Nigerians when they mock China. If you follow news item from Nigeria, you will think that China is secluded and backward entity. But china is a very stunning country. Very very beautiful. Stunning structures! Go to Shenzhen.., Dalian, Ningbo, Yiwu, Wuhan, Chongqing... These guys build big, build to awe and shock! The skycrappers are endless. There are more skycrappers in a county in China than in the whole Nigeria! It's unbelievable what a Communist party has done for these people. It's is even more overwhelming when you realize that most of all these were built within the last 30 years!

If you have lived in a neighborhood in a city in China and left for a year. If you come back , you would struggle to locate your former abode.. Shenzhen was built new, ditto Ningbo. The Tinhe district of Guangzhou was built over the last few years. They're building something everyday. And that's where the main difference between China and such basket cases like Nigeria lies. We build nothing. Even if it's one big structure a month, a year.. We build nothing. Just some funny looking bungalows we call estates.. Even the westerners that live in China are always stunned beyond words with what the Chinese have achieved.

It's not a must that we must build skyscrapers, chinese even have new laws restricting the number of skyscrapers and the house bubble rocking their economy could be traced too many buildings.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by austinvsb: 3:15am On Dec 31, 2021
safesurfer:

Lol. You are very funny.

The bolded part of your comment says all there is to know lol. I would indulge you but like a typical person that tries to boast about their knowledge, I see you are so engulfed in your world of falsehood & disinformation about china, owning to overconsumption of western anti-chinese Propaganda, there is really no point in engagement.

All I can advice you is that, geopolitics is not Football. There are facts and there are fallacies, and arguing like a Fan-boy means that no smart person takes you seriously. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Shanghai China(pictures) by Cozbymaster97(m): 5:12am On Dec 31, 2021
See the list here
Shangai no even near New York.
And when you talk about luxuries and fancy skyscrapers Chicago and Miami says hi.
What is the meaning of shangai is better than all USA cities.
Abi this one is high ni?

Tell me one thing China has invented themselves.
Ordinary Semiconductor Chip HUAWEI and China can’t build till now. while Taiwan, South Korea and USA all building chips.

Chicago is even ahead of Shangain and it has fancy structures than shangai. Youtube to the rescue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Talks About “Citizens Participation In Governance” In Washington DC / Presidential Tribunal: Don’t Be Used By Politicians – Ohanaeze Begs Youths / Bar Beach (Victoria Island, Lagos) Has Overflown Its Bank Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.