Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Chieftaincy: How My Father, I Were Arrested, Charged With Murder – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chieftaincy: How My Father, I Were Arrested, Charged With Murder – Wike (561 Views)

Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. / Tajudeen Bakare Charged With Murder Of Jumoke Oyeleke / Fahim Saleh: Tyrese Haspil Arrested And Charged With Murder Of Gokada CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chieftaincy: How My Father, I Were Arrested, Charged With Murder – Wike by Gladtunemedia: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2021
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike recently recalled a chieftaincy dispute which occurred in his community that led to the arrest and detention of his father, uncle, brothers, and himself on a trumped-up murder charge.

He stated this while eulogising the contributions of Emmanuel C. Ukala, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, on the occasion of the latter’s 65th birthday party held on Tuesday night in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

This was contained in a statement issued by the governor’s media aide, Kelvin Ebiri, and made available to newsmen.

Wike noted that it took the intervention of Ukala as their lead counsel for him and his family to be discharged and acquitted during the chieftaincy ordeal. “There was a time that the entire family was charged for murder. Every male was taken away. We only had women left in the house with children between the ages of one and five. As at that time, I was reading law at the then Rivers State University of Science and Technology, now Rivers State University,” he stated.

Governor Wike disclosed that the legal luminary, in whose law firm he worked after leaving the Nigerian Law School, took his family’s ordeal very personal and gave his best to ensure that they got justice.

Speaking on his initial chequered political history, Wike said when he declared his intention to contest for the office of the chairman, Obio-Akpor Local Government Area in 1998, some callous politicians in his constituency ganged up and conspired with the police to frame him up for armed robbery.According to him, Ukala not only intervened and secured his release, but also defended him from the tribunal up to the Supreme Court when some vested interest in... https://gladtune.com/2021/12/30/chieftaincy-how-my-father-i-were-arrested-charged-with-murder-wike/

Re: Chieftaincy: How My Father, I Were Arrested, Charged With Murder – Wike by ajumma(m): 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
e don tey were you
don the commit murder

2 Likes

Re: Chieftaincy: How My Father, I Were Arrested, Charged With Murder – Wike by NLandIsHypocrit: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
There's no smoke without fire, you can't convince me that they kept accusing only you wrongly Everytime without sparking activities. You have told us one-sided story giving the impression that you're a saint. Even without being told, based on the murder and genocide records in your administration one needs no further explanation to tell what you may have done in the past. Wike is the commander in chief of all deadly cult groups in Rivers state today, that's why you see many agberos and flimsy taskforce groups upandan in Port Harcourt committing all manner of criminal activities without challenge despite people's outcry to Wike, he remains adamant, because they're his boys, he used the public safety to settle them, that's why you rarely hear about cult clashes in Rivers state, wait until Wike's tenure finishes. Wike got into politics because of his gangsterism which other politicians used him to achieve their political goal. Wike is a murderer forget.
Re: Chieftaincy: How My Father, I Were Arrested, Charged With Murder – Wike by Kindledlight(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
No wonder

See confession shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chieftaincy: How My Father, I Were Arrested, Charged With Murder – Wike by BlackfireX: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2021
This one too wan become president

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023
Re: Chieftaincy: How My Father, I Were Arrested, Charged With Murder – Wike by alcaptainero: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Mr chief judge, why not pick up the matter personally and continue the case. Do you even know the meaning of “discharge and acquitted “?
NLandIsHypocrit:
There's no smoke without fire, you can't convince me that they kept accusing only you wrongly Everytime without sparking activities. You have told us one-sided story giving the impression that you're a saint. Even without being told, based on the murder and genocide records in your administration one needs no further explanation to tell what you may have done in the past. Wike is the commander in chief of all deadly cult groups in Rivers state today, that's why you see many agberos and flimsy taskforce groups upandan in Port Harcourt committing all manner of criminal activities without challenge despite people's outcry to Wike, he remains adamant, because they're his boys, he used the public safety to settle them, that's why you rarely hear about cult clashes in Rivers state, wait until Wike's tenure finishes. Wike got into politics because of his gangsterism which other politicians used him to achieve their political goal. Wike is a murderer forget.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi People Marginalised And Enslaved By Igbos: Gov. Umahi / Why Buhari Called Super Eagles Today Now? / Instagram Skit Maker ASHMUSY Exposes Northwest Petroleum For Selling Water As F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.