Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright (23857 Views)

Ian Wright Tells The NFF To Pay The Super Falcons. / Africa Cup Of Nations: Guide To AFCON 2021 Full Fixture List And Star Players / "Olga Allegra's Easter Post Is Disrespectful" - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by IronGalaxy: 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
Coming from hypocrites

Wright chose England over Jamaica

Viera chose France over Senegal
That has nothing to do with their opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by phemmyfour: 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
That has nothing to do with their opinions.
You will not understand
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by IronGalaxy: 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
You will not understand
Why would I not?
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by phemmyfour: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Why would I not?
In their playing days , they disregard and disrespected the continent
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by greypencils: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
What would it take CAF to hold this competition in July at the end of the season? From an economic point of view, which club wants to invest in players only to have them borrowed or taken away when they are needed the most? How can those players having expended their energy and perhaps having injuries give their all in the final push towards league trophies when they return?

1 Like

Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by IronGalaxy: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2021
Karleb:

We can keep blaming them.

But look at Nigeria for example, look at how our leaders are making a fool of themselves and you expect any developed society to respect that? undecided

Funny thing is, as worse as Nigeria is, she is better than a lot of countries in Africa.

Which ones are those?

1 Like

Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by IronGalaxy: 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
In their playing days , they disregard and disrespected the continent
How so?
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by phemmyfour: 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
How so?
Chose to pay for France when Senegal needs you.

George Weah with everything he won in Europe, played in AFCON
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Kingcalls: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
Y wudnt it b disrespected when foolish caf has decided to b playing the tournament in the middle of the season
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by BigBashiru: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
Karleb:

We can keep blaming them.

But look at Nigeria for example, look at how our leaders are making a fool of themselves and you expect any developed society to respect that? undecided

Funny thing is, as worse as Nigeria is, she is better than a lot of countries in Africa.

@ur first sentence -do you know that as we speak, France is currently trying to take over and control of Mali, Niger, and Chad? so we hv to keep blaming them IN PART.

However I agree with you that many Nigerian leaders are performing below par.

btw do you know that UK France and Germany always try to interfer in Africa elections? even the recent Anambra State elections, UK "election observers" were present.... the UK has no moral high ground at all...its an evil amoral state.

2 Likes

Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Angelfrost(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
The competition has always been held in January/Feb/March since 1950s, they should stop complaining

I tire for these coaches... As if Africans make up their entire teams.

They are supposed to have made provisions for such... Losing a player for 3 weeks shouldn't be a huge deal.

What if the player were injured, would they suspend their campaign??! SMH.

1 Like

Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by BigBashiru: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
phemmyfour:

it's so sad.... the colonial brainwashing is so full/complete that it will take generations to completely clear....
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by IronGalaxy: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
That was not disrespect but preference and this has nothing to do with their comments today.
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by diamondy: 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2021
I don't get. Do we have summer in sub saharan Africa?? shocked

wagazala:
I dont think the Afcon is getting as much flak is it is potrayed to have. In my opinion, i think its just hard to sell the Afcon to the rest of the world because of the timing. The organizers ought to understand that even the World Cup is played in the summer when all other major leagues are on break.
If Afcon were to be played in the summer, it would get as much coverage as possible. Lets not get ahead of ourselves, even the European Championship cannot compete with the Leagues in terms of coverage. The Qatar world cup is getting as much flak due to its timing as well.
With this outburst, clubs will start to boycot African players. CAF should move the competition to the summer.
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by phemmyfour: 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
That was not disrespect but preference and this has nothing to do with their comments today.
You can show disrespect with your preference.

Man U preferred not to defend the fa cup after winning treble in 99 and that was tagged a disrespectful move
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by casppyjay: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
LollySeaSide:
TBH, Ian is very right.
We keep having this European clubs underplaying the importance of African players featuring for country during AFCON.
Painfully, I don't the problem going away anytime soon until FIFA does something about it.
Meanwhile,
Eagles for the title!
Naija4Life
soon u will av to forbid playing for ur country before signing u… just watch
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by wagazala: 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2021
diamondy:

Lol, no we dont undecided. Summer in this context refers to June/July.

1 Like

Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by IronGalaxy: 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
You can show disrespect with your preference.

Man U preferred not to defend the fa cup after winning treble in 99 and that was tagged a disrespectful move
You can't use their preference to play for their adopted countries to discredit their opinions because if we're being honest what they are saying is true. people choose these countries for different reasons, look at musician "Seal" he's called a British musician and he regard himself as British but he's Nigerian.. are you saying Seal is disrespecting Nigeria for doing that? He cannot have opinions in anything concerning Nigeria?
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by IronGalaxy: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
diamondy:

Of course we do
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by LoliBigMan: 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
Truth is na we Africans dey cause all these see finish, if we'd improved our local leagues, quality facilities with advanced technology, Europeans would have been begging to come and watch our Stars play... For crying out loud, England no dey worry about any international player coming back to rep England na...
Africans abeg make we learn abeg
We Don suffer too much
We have the resources and we have people who have connections and lots of money...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Karleb(m): 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
BigBashiru:

@ur first sentence -do you know that as we speak, France is currently trying to take over and control of Mali, Niger, and Chad? so we hv to keep blaming them IN PART.

However I agree with you that many Nigerian leaders are performing below par.

btw do you know that UK France and Germany always try to interfer in Africa elections? even the recent Anambra State elections, UK "election observers" were present.... the UK has no moral high ground at all...its an evil amoral state.

I do not say these countries have good morals, if they did they would respect AFCON in the first place.

Imagine a country like Afghanistan or Pakistan asking UK or America for respect? That's just how this is.

Let African leaders build their nations. The best way to gain respect is to develop yourself.

Annoying thing is, suffering and poverty in Africa are mostly man made.
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by techWriter3: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
...anybody goes the whiteman serious.. Na that yeye Liverpool tedewan first began dewan..
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Adakintroy: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
ArchiLimited:

In other words, the African system failed all African players in Europe? And for that they don't owe Africa any loyalty? I wonder why they're coming to play for their African countries then since they don't owe them any loyalty, they should all change nationality to Europe. Your talk no follow abeg

If everyone nthink.likenyiu there will be no Africa one daym
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Adakintroy: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
ArchiLimited:

In other words, the African system failed all African players in Europe? And for that they don't owe Africa any loyalty? I wonder why they're coming to play for their African countries then since they don't owe them any loyalty, they should all change nationality to Europe. Your talk no follow abeg

If everyone think like you there will be no Africa one day.
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Karleb(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by LoliBigMan: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2021
greypencils:
What would it take CAF to hold this competition in July at the end of the season? From an economic point of view, which club wants to invest in players only to have them borrowed or taken away when they are needed the most? How can those players having expended their energy and perhaps having injuries give their all in the final push towards league trophies when they return?

That's it man. CAF screwed up big time. When Euro2020 and Copa America were ongoing, that was the perfect timing but CAF was worried about Corona virus when the people that was affected more already got over it. Mtcheeew, I just don't know what the Africans problem is.
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by diamondy: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
Remember thats our rainy season here. Hence tournament wouldnt be held

wagazala:

Lol, no we dont undecided. Summer in this context refers to June/July.
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by gazza07(m): 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
African leaders should be blamed
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Yoighaman(m): 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
"All I wanna say is that, they don't really care about us"- MJ

Someday, Africa will rise from her knees. The west is purposely making us stagnated, but we will rise; it is only a matter of solidarity and time. Africans need to speak with ONE voice.
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Testimony1988(m): 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2021
Yes o, AFCON needs to be respected just like the European tournament.
Re: Media Coverage Is Disrespectful To AFCON - Ian Wright by Banmeallday: 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2021
GodIsBiafran:
Europeans are FUNDAMENTALLY racists.

When they come and put your “country” together and call you a derogatory name like Nigg.. Area and you carry on, even hire a quack Oyibo coach and pay him ON TIME in MILLIONS while still owing your indigenous coaches—— then yes, they can be racist

Stop allowing your President to get his diapers changed in London Hospital and maybe it will stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo And Lionel Messi Will Not Win Ballon D'or - Kylian Mbappe / Super Eagles Team Arrives Kaduna (photos) / Ganduje Reopens Football Viewing Centres In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.