Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? (14526 Views)

Who Has Job Slot for Sale / Removal Of Age Barrier In FG Jobs / A Call For The Removal Of Age Barrier In FG Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by RedEnergy: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
The way people hype FG jobs in the area of job security, makes me wonder is it that the FG never sacks anyone or what? Is it that once they employ you, they tolerate whatever you do till eternity, that private companies will sack you for?

17 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by billynoni(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
Calm down, let me use one example for you... In a private company, can you resume work by 8am, leave work and come back by 4pm to sign off for the day? Without doing anything for the day and still get paid for the day?

206 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by flames007(m): 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
billynoni:
Calm down, let me use one example for you... In a private company, can you resume work by 8am, leave work and come back by 4pm to sign off for the day? Without doing anything for the day and still get paid for the day?
That's exactly why the country is not making progress.

which day was it that a nairalander said he and his Canadian girlfriend went to student fellowship and the pastor was like "All your names will miraculous disappear from the loan debt list". They all screamed a loud AMEN!

The girlfriend tapped him and said 'this is wrong. You gotta pay your student loan'. And that, my brother, is why other countries work and yours seems to be eternally crippled; everyone wants to make money off the system without putting in anything. it'll eventually crumble.

338 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by RedEnergy: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
billynoni:
if you are trying to say FG jobs has no punishment for employee excesses, then I now understand why people say FG jobs are secure. It means secure means there's no accountability, right?

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by billynoni(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
RedEnergy:
if you are trying to say FG jobs has no punishment for employee excesses, then I now understand why people say FG jobs are secure. It means secure means there's no accountability, right?
Good morning to you then, if you just realized this.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by jeswinner: 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
It means no boss can just sack you without benefits.

There are a lot of contract jobs in the banks, oil companies, manufacturing industries where the workers are not allowed to belong to union and the employer will terminate their salaries just like that.

FG jobs are quite secure in that regard.

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by RedEnergy: 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
billynoni:
Good morning to you then, if you just realized this.
grin came late to the party. I better start looking for FG jobs too then. Let all of us be mad together grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by RedEnergy: 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
jeswinner:
It means no boss can just sack you without benefits.

There are a lot of contract jobs in the banks, oil companies, manufacturing industries where the workers are not allowed to belong to union and the employer will terminate their salaries just like that.

FG jobs are quite secure in that regard.
sack without benefits like what -pension?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by jeswinner: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2021
RedEnergy:

Pension and other allowances.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by nitt: 11:57pm On Dec 30, 2021
What it simply means is that there is security of tenure.

It's a herculean task for a civil servants to get dismissed or better still, have his appointment terminated.

The stages for such (if due to contravention of public service rules or its kind) is not immediate as you find it in private coys where it is as easy as typing a letter of termination.

That's why you hardly see such cases in the FG employment.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by esthel(f): 1:17am On Dec 31, 2021
Getting sacked is a process, you will get queries and must have breached certain sections of the public service rules. A disciplinary panel will be formed, if the verdict isn't favourable, you could get demoted, suspended, compulsory retired, sacked if the offence is serious.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by seankim(m): 4:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Because an employee of a private trust/organization/an individual can be terminated without any notice and with no benefit nor access to fair hearing. Example of such is an aid to a governor, who was terminated due to his post on his Facebook page.
If na FG employee, they will get fair hearing, even when it's obvious that he/she must have committed the offence. Take Aba Kyari's case, it's still pending after over how many months now?
By saying job security, Some ppl also means that you're not under any form of pressure kiss. You may not even have any clue about your role in the parastatal till you're due to become the director grin. Is God not wonderful?
Another job security na the sure pay, plus say table fit turn reach your side for 'breakfast' one day and you go hammer. if you know, you know. The kind massive corruption wey de civil service no be here.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by ruggedtimi(m): 6:20am On Dec 31, 2021
Dem dey hardly sack for govt job because of union activities. NNPC don't sack their staffs, they rather transfer to another state where you might not get incentives. And you got pension package.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by JoshTim: 7:07am On Dec 31, 2021
Job Security in the Public service means:
1. Federal government is not all out for profit, but also welfare of the stakeholders which the public servants are one of.
2. Less pressure, a 8-4 job, with no threat of sack unless critical offence is involved.
3. Government exist in perpetuity except it sovereignty is threatened via war. So your job is guaranteed so far the government continues to exist.
4. Pension. You are guaranteed pension at retirement.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 31, 2021
esthel:
Getting sacked is a process, you will get queries and must have breached certain sections of the public service rules. A disciplinary panel will be formed, if the verdict isn't favourable, you could get demoted, suspended, compulsory retired, sacked if the offence is serious.
Pls send me mail. Love to talk to you.
Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by KingAzubuike(f): 10:28am On Dec 31, 2021
RedEnergy:
The way people hype FG jobs in the area of job security, makes me wonder is it that the FG never sacks anyone or what? Is it that once they employ you, they tolerate whatever you do till eternity, that private companies will sack you for?
Job security in fg agencies/parastatals simply means no fear or threat of sack.

Other benefits include

You can resume anytime you like and even close anytime you like (most especially if you're on a high level.)

You get time to engage in other business.

Massive corruption which can give you fast cash. (Ghost workers, runz etc)

You can't try all this in private firms else you're ready to to booted out coz those ones get time and they're usually sensitive/suspicious when something is not right somewhere. They go look for the source and when they find out it's you, you're definitely a goner.grin FG jobs no too dey get that kind time that's why it's easy to steal there.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by RedEnergy: 10:54am On Dec 31, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Job security in fg agencies/parastatals simply means no fear or threat of sack.

Other benefits include

You can resume anytime you like and even close anytime you like (most especially if you're on a high level.)

You get time to engage in other business.

Massive corruption which can give you fast cash. (Ghost workers, runz etc)

You can't try all this in private firms else you're ready to to booted out coz those ones get time and they're usually sensitive/suspicious when something is not right somewhere. They go look for the source and when they find out it's you, you're definitely a goner.grin FG jobs no too dey get that kind time that's why it's easy to steal there.
No wonder people are ready to pay millions for FG job slot. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by RedEnergy: 10:56am On Dec 31, 2021
I need FG job oh please. I want this kind of job security too. This thread has opened my eyes grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by nonxo007(m): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2021
My prayer for us all this coming year is that for those of us who want a Federal Government job, 2022 is our year, how the job will come I do not know but we will get our APL from a very juicy agency or parastatal. To those who want growth in their business 2022 is our year of massive business growth. Amen !!

20 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by Jokerman(m): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2021
And yet you people will still go to church and mosques to deceive yourselves

13 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by ignis: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2021
RedEnergy:

Boy, You too dey ask plenty questions...
Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by Timoleon(m): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2021
Government no dey sack person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by Judolisco(m): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2021
Because they stop working...35 yrs is guaranteed
Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by bigdammyj: 11:09am On Dec 31, 2021
Reading
Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by KingAzari: 11:09am On Dec 31, 2021
Once you don enter, you don enter be that. It's only you or death shall do you and that job apart.

Whether you are competent or indicted in a criminal offence. Take Bubu and Abba Kyari, respectively, for example.

Not to talk of stupid clowns and criminals like T.A Orji, Nigeria Police Fraud and our Legislooters. Nobody go fit sack you from any government job.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by akanbiaa(m): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2021
Seems federal government worker getting sacked is a very rare occurrence indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by Baawaa(m): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2021
R
Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by wisdom042(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2021
Job that the workers reluctantly carry out and more so because no one will check mate the activities of the workers that's why they are saying all this

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 31, 2021
billynoni:

I work in the private sector. I am imagining myself doing that. cheesy

By the end of the week...na sack letter go dey wait for me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by fasho01(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2021
I guess because most people there got there through connections and will hardly get sacked notwithstanding low kpi

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 31, 2021
They don't sack and if they do, it is rare, you must have done something really bad for them to sack you.

The security is constant salary and promotion.

The security ends when you retire, many retirees are still struggling to get their pension.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2021
Government jobs are not all that secure

If you have too many queries in your file...you can get sacked, I believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section / The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja / Frsc, Nema, Nimsi, Itf, Ncc And Nsitf Recuitments!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.