Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery (48339 Views)

Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED / Car Spotted Carrying Another Car On Nigerian Road (video) / Woman Drives Her N34m Tesla Car, Says 'I'm Cruising In My Machine' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by ahuja12: 8:09am On Dec 31, 2021
Only foolish people will buy this “ELECTRIC” car in Nigeria

Nigeria that cannot provide 12hrs supply in a 24hrs day, that is where u go buy tesla!

All for the instagram

4 Likes

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by philus66(m): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2021
HenryDion:
If you're going to use a Tesla in Nigeria, make sure you go out with a full battery, and avoid long long-distance travel. We don't have charging ports in Nigeria yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct sir

1 Like

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 31, 2021
Saturn444:
Lagos is the worst place to drive electric car. Traffic is crazy, I think Akwa Ibom, Abuja are great.

Nigeria does not have sufficient supporting infrastructure for electric cars, talk-less sufficient electricity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by RussellRutherfo: 8:10am On Dec 31, 2021
daddytime:
Lol

The guy for put prepaid meter or gen for the trunk na....

Overdo dey kill sometimes..

Naija lawa grin

Nigerians won't invent anything but we love to show off the latest.
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Kobicove(m): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2021
Swag gone wrong!

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Raxxye(m): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2021
How dem go do now?
grin grin
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Grace001: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2021
Somethings no fit work for this useless country

After 61 years Nigeria couldn’t still get constant power supply right. When Neighboring countries can boast of uninterrupted power supply

Most nairalanders reading this haven’t experience uninterrupted power in Nigeria since they were born and their kids will experience the same

1 Like

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Tomilola360: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2021
Too much hype about all these electric cars.
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2021
HenryDion:
If you're going to use a Tesla in Nigeria, make sure you go out with a full battery, and avoid long long-distance travel. We don't have charging ports in Nigeria yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We do, but finding them is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Modified

Googling for charging stations in Lagos gives you six possible locations.
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by martinz1: 8:12am On Dec 31, 2021
Of course it uses battery and battery dies if not charged
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2021
Money wey person for use buy iPhoneX pro for this Xmas, na him use buy toto Tesla
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by MartinsD12(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2021
Fredinson:
In Naija where we hardly have low or no power supply, a Tesla car was seen parked on the Lagos mainland bridge which was as a result of it running out of battery. I guess Lagos traffic could have been the primary reason of the battery running out �
There are power Banks inverter that could charge that car , with up to 300000mah and 240 power supply plug
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by emdis: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2021
Hmm even though the car instruct appropriately.. I think he neglected the instructions.
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by RussellRutherfo: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2021
zolajpower:
grin
Thank God it wasn't at night grin awon Omo wobe for magaram

grin grin

That Tesla for don turn scrap.
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Sluvist(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2021
Atleast, we see the first hand experience on how it will go with electric cars in Nigeria. Those that fancy it should think twice before buying it in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by loswhite(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2021
siofra:
It's negligence on the driver's side. The battery of a Tesla lasts long per charge.

If he can afford a Tesla he can afford a capable electricity generating plant to charge the car.
So ppl in US that own Tesla also have a mini electricity generating plant right? The greatest problem of this country is bunch of educated dumb citizens.

6 Likes

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by HEAVEN4444: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2021
grin
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by kamtamark(m): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2021
rentAcock:
He should carry a portable generator for situations like this.
Why not just buy a car that is using fuel because a generator does, two engine in one car for same purpose makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by HaykynLibra: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Ha haha haha.. 9ja na ur mate?

1 Like

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Romanoff(f): 8:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Could be an alternator issue.
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Lamasta(m): 8:15am On Dec 31, 2021
Laughable grin
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:15am On Dec 31, 2021
He should have carried at least one extra battery.
With zero battery charging hubs across the city, how does he want to maintain this car in Lagos? grin
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by izubext007: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2021
Nothing like fuel car

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Help2020: 8:17am On Dec 31, 2021
longetivity:
But traffic has reduced drastically in Lagos nah
Are you serious?
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by BigYash: 8:17am On Dec 31, 2021
cornoil:
The owner doesn’t know that nothing works in Nigeria.
He doesn't know. Only corruption and insecurity works well in the country..
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by emdis: 8:17am On Dec 31, 2021
What?? Using a fosil burning generator to charge a Tesla is worse for the Creator of the car..
siofra:
It's negligence on the driver's side. The battery of a Tesla lasts long per charge.

If he can afford a Tesla he can afford a capable electricity generating plant to charge the car.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:17am On Dec 31, 2021
He was not informed cool grin
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by havenz(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2021
You better go buy "i pass my neighbor" dey run Nigeria road oo should in case because even our NEPA current no dey fit charge phone not to talk more of car.
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Kobicove(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2021
zolajpower:
grin
Thank God it wasn't at night grin awon Omo wobe for magaram

grin
Re: Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2021
I knew this will happen. It's the first of many that will still happen. Good thing is once you know your battery is almost empty, just look for a petrol station, pay them to watch your car for the night and jump molue to your destination. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Begs Profusely As A 2021 Gwagon Is Being Offloaded / The All New 2018 Audi A8 Is Here. It Comes With Foot Massaging Feature (photos) / Who Can Tell Us The Name Of This Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.