Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,934 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You (1385 Views)

Top Current Car Brands And Their Country Of Origin / Car Logo Game: Tell Us The Names Of These Car Brands Using Their Logos Only / 28 Car Brands And The Year They Were Founded - Innoson Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by mrcoolautofix(m): 1:10am On Dec 31, 2021
I hope I get my own copy some day, ..................

My best suv of all times is BMW X6 guys, inline 6 with turbo,

Another car brand I will never stop vouching for is ford Edge & ford in general

But the car brand I will spend my last card on & go broke for is Volkswagen, I hope you guys will grow up one day to appreciate this German piece of engineering, starting from Golf mk 3, that one drives me crazy like, I hunger to see people drive past me with this car so I could feel more satisfied watching it rock & roll with bigger boys, have seen golf mk3 GTI version? Please don't try that bad boy with your Toyota 2.4 Camry save yourself from the nightmare please,

The worst of my craziness reached another level when I encountered golf mk3 VR6, OMG

You need to hear this Engine Roaring like a lion, I had the opportunity to get it dirt cheap as low as 250k in 2016 Nigeria used but I was as broke as church mouse guys, the day a customer brought it to my garage for a minor fix, I was all over this Race Master. I was asking the owner if he would want to sell it,

The last two ones are passat fsi 2.0T, Oh have mercy just don't let this dirty hands touch my baby I will chop of that hands, I said hands off, I was captured by the audio autopilot controller system when I was in it in 2011, this car just load the CD plate & rock, she will walk on the dialer volume for you, assist you adjust the volume to suit your convenient parameters, aside that, that car commands too much respect from police to road safety vio,

The last one is, Volkswagen Golf mk4 & 5, the 5 is incredibly entertaining and enticing, with it dual clutch system semi automatic, I call it senior automatic transmission cos, you need to pay grave attention to know when it shift to next gear, 2.5L 5 inline cylinders you have a compacted bullet equipped with wheels on the road,

What about my golf mk 4, legendary husky, go get it, if you are having issues with this car, I will give you free information on how to fix it, just do me one favor, don't tamper with the wiring & the engine no conversion, I said free of charge on consultation same goes if your vw golf make 3 is throwing any tamtrums,

I trust this car more than I trust myself, I am telling you the simple honest truth about Volkswagen golf 4, it's clocking 3 years I purchased it Nigerian used, I don't know how much it drive shaft is sold no back hub or front issues, no disappointment, any day any time, it does two or 4 kicks to start sometimes but once it starts, it will never shut down until you ask it to,

parts sellers don't like those driving it cos it rarely develops problems. I am talking about the same golf 4 you have been hearing about... what you have a bad techshop mechanic, electrician or you are careless & stingy person who hate maintaining a car that doesn't mean vw is a bad car...

I am forever grateful I am obsessed with Volkswagen cars cos it never disappoint me, if you are having challenges with this car brand, there are two things that's for sure,

1. you have a wrong technician
2. you are a very stingy & careless person

Either ways doesn't mean this brand is nightmare as most of you outcries.

What do you expect when you let a carpenter fix up your car?

What do you expect when you are giving your German machine to lunatics to fix up your car?

What do you expect when you disregard the outcry of a worn out parts, you probably saying volume up or telling the few hand picked techs who fix your car to never mind when they inform you about the worn out parts?

What do you expect when you choose to give gamblers your car to Troubleshoot? Who have scanner or not having at all, knowing fully well that these machine are from the Future of auto mobility? You decide to let the past chop your wiring into half or perhaps ac system, then you go this car is electrical nightmare.

I will be at the other side of the lane, in as much as you are trying to treat this brand like Toyota, you will never stop wearing Pampers..................................

2 Likes

Re: I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:11am On Dec 31, 2021
The 2008 Passat has above average reviews in America (3.5 to 4 stars out of 5) l, Scotty Kilmer hates it especially if it's made in America (he believes you should only buy German cars that are made in Germany).
Nigerians on the other hand absolutely hate the car, even I have bashed the car repeatedly online.
You love it, what's the deal about it ? Why does the electricals and AC always have problems. In fact tell us the pros and cons of this baby because I enjoyed using a cousin's wife own sometime back
Re: I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by mrcoolautofix(m): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
The 2008 Passat has above average reviews in America (3.5 to 4 stars out of 5) l, Scotty Kilmer hates it especially if it's made in America (he believes you should only buy German cars that are made in Germany).
Nigerians on the other hand absolutely hate the car, even I have bashed the car repeatedly online.
You love it, what's the deal about it ? Why does the electricals and AC always have problems. In fact tell us the pros and cons of this baby because I enjoyed using a cousin's wife own sometime back

Here is the deal, most cars made in German hardly hit Nigerian port except if someone made that order special, on the other side forget scotty he have been fully paid to advertise Toyota no matter what, so he his crusade is against the unpaid German makes,

Note I am speaking from mechanic perspective who have had encounters with this machine & I speak from my user experience as much as mechanic,

The pros on Volkswagen cars is powerful engine small but bullet, ac system is super powerful

On the cons you don't mess with their system electrical & think you are free, fsi model aside the turbo oil leaks & it non reachable position,

You can't compare it to any of it model from other makes, without seeing a huge difference, let's say Mercedes can be no far, but it's astronomically huge if you are compare it with any Asian make,

As for the ac you spoke of, the is like Mercedes, it's super sensitive to diets cos its solenoid controlled, if you downgrade the oil in the HVAC systems, you will have problems, if a tech who doesn't have sanity checked while fixing up their car & calculation regard proportions of the refrigerant & oil, working close vw specs or tsb, there will be issues,

So aside the turbo oil leaks, if this model have a problem get it to a pro tech who understands computer error codes specific for vw, who also have electronic & electrical Troubleshooting capabilities, that's were pit Nigerian mechanics stopped,

Here is why, you need mechanic to fix Asian model & luckily they get it fixed

But you need a technician to fix vw cars,

A technician have 80% diagnostic & fixing requisite set skills,

A mechanic have 5% he could be electrician, or ac tech, he could be gear tech or computer diagnostics tech.

But to get vw, volvo or BMW & Mercedes working correctly you need a tech that have most of this skills all in one.

Lastly if this vw machine developed any issue that's not mechanically related, get it scanned and confirm the issue before attempting to to solve the issue based on the DTC you found, don't Bypass, no trial and error that's the biggest secret I used to fix this machine's

Note not all who have Scantool understood it realistic application & approach to solving problems.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by obyikye(f): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2022
Following this thread. I will like to have your contact for easy communication..
Re: I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by showietee: 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
Mrcoolautofix... A lot of people love them German machine but getting the right technicians to fix it is a big problem, not forgetting that we are a majority poor nation and cars most times are not acquired for the aesthetics then, going for what is easily affordable and maintainable becomes the priority...

I have always love BMW but due to reasons best known to man, one has to go for easy maintenance... Mind you, majority of us use our cars for taxi services where pocket is dry, most German machines hardly falls in such category, so, in a nutshell, na condition make crayfish bend....

No one in his right mind will compare German machines with Japanese, India, France or Nigeria coupled vehicles....

3 Likes

Re: I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2022
showietee:
Mrcoolautofix... A lot of people love them German machine ....

No one in his right mind will compare German machines with Japanese, India, France or Nigeria coupled vehicles....

Like you right said, we often don't get them in it's pristine order, thats one point another is most of the car owners don't know the right tech & trick & that is a violation that can bankrupt a nation right there, let me hit you up parts wise, Toyota camry 2006 ignition coils cost betw 6 to 7k per, to get four of them 28 or 24k is down, jetta 2006 cost between 9 to 10k

Toyota camry drive shaft cost 60 to 75k for both sides, jetta cost 20k for both sides if you want it as knock off, you will get it at 10 to 12k for both sides,

Worn out rate of Toyota parts on a scale lik f 1 to 10 in 12 months is 7 to 8 out of 10

Vw rate is 1 or 0 for mechanical parts

Like i previously said, Toyota is built without Durability in mind, Japan is China's colonial master, meaning all Chinese are doing are learn from Japan if you know what that means.

Yes you can use vw for transport due to it Durability.. but if you are to use Toyota just keep your atm with you & monitor how much goes in for fix & services in a year.
Re: I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by Gravatar: 10:15am On Jan 09, 2022
mrcooIautofix:

Like i previously said, Toyota is built without Durability in mind,

Yes you can use vw for transport due to it Durability.. but if you are to use Toyota just keep your atm with you & monitor how much goes in for fix & services in a year.

The Bush and uncivilized black man who enjoys reveling in his own ignorance and has resisted all attempts to emancipate himself from mental slavery says "Toyota vehicles are built without durability in mind" and "No one in his right mind will compare German machines with Japanese, India, France or Nigeria coupled vehicles"

Interstate transporters with their Thousands of Toyota Sienna and Hiace vehicles: cool cool

Armed services and contractors with their thousands of Toyota Hilux pickups: undecided undecided

Rest of the world:

1 Like

Re: I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2022
Gravatar:

The Bush and uncivilized black man who enjoys reveling in his own ignorance and has resisted all attempts to emancipate himself from mental slavery says "Toyota vehicles are built without durability in mind" and "No one in his right mind will compare German machines with Japanese, India, France or Nigeria coupled vehicles"

Rest of the world:

You want to cry you can cry bro, my analysis is not based on western fake data, i am speaking from realistic information gotten from most Toyota vehicles that was addressed in our garage, engine, control components, ac system, electronic, air fuel mixture

With the milage data in mind comparatively to vw or American cars.. it's a junk car,

If you are in your right sense you will know why even your federal government don't use Toyota cars in their active transport between interstate

Internet data manipulation is not a new story, if the bible you read can be so manipulated, this picture you posted can be done in a second.

I speak from realistic experience fixing cars not internet, you can cry if you want to cry

You didn't see 2019 camry i posted in 2021 that have issues regarding electronics & hardwares car thats still not out of warranty..

Toyota strong reliable car build stopped in 90s i compared Toyota that did one overheat that caused major repairs in 2021 such as top cylinder gasket replacement & ignition out of a radiator leak, with ford car not 4 cylinder like Toyota that have overheated more than 15 times and no parts was damaged no repairs aside getting a coolant into the radiator, it's punk like you that don't like hearing the truth cos you probably own a Toyota with the band wagon groups, you need to drive other cars to compare & feel it it's not hype.. honda have a better engineering than Toyota if you must know.. more Durable than Toyota
Re: I Am Obsessed With This Car Brands. Free Consultation If It Troubles You by showietee: 10:33am On Jan 09, 2022
mrcoolautofix:

Like you right said, we often don't get them in it's pristine order, thats one point another is most of the car owners don't know the right tech & trick & that is a violation that can bankrupt a nation right there, let me hit you up parts wise, Toyota camry 2006 ignition coils cost betw 6 to 7k per, to get four of them 28 or 24k is down, jetta 2006 cost between 9 to 10k

Toyota camry drive shaft cost 60 to 75k for both sides, jetta cost 20k for both sides if you want it as knock off, you will get it at 10 to 12k for both sides,

Worn out rate of Toyota parts on a scale lik f 1 to 10 in 12 months is 7 to 8 out of 10

Vw rate is 1 or 0 for mechanical parts

Like i previously said, Toyota is built without Durability in mind, Japan is China's colonial master, meaning all Chinese are doing are learn from Japan if you know what that means.

So while still waiting for that riches that make one use those nice German machines conveniently, we will be maintaining these Japanese products.

#Bmw all the way

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l / Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model / 5 Things To Consider Before Buying A Second Hand Car In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.