Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? (38580 Views)

Violence Breaks Out At APC Headquarters In Abuja / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / David Mark Pays Buhari A Visit At The APC Headquarters In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2011
This link is for people in support of breakup of naija not for those against, ethnic and religious ******

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-692694.0.html#msg8536146
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Eziachi: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2011
docjuli:

Abeg, who are the "we"?

Who are the bomb makers?
Where is the spirit of ABURI buying bombs from?
Who are the financiers of the spirit ABURI?
What is the next plan of attack of the spirit of ABURI?

I will leave you to find the answer for your questions as I believed that you knew it but want to do what Nigerians do best- Pretend they don't know.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by OOmoyorun(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
ehie:

The Nigerian government thinks that security is blowing sirens up and down.Truth be told Boko Haram just wanted to send a sign to the IG.That he should shut up,believe me if they intend to do maximum damage, Abuja will become a ghost town.

To most Nigerian Government officials, security is driving their family to private functions (even kids to boarding schools) with security personel blowing sirens and denting your car with their battons if you have the guts not to move aside in seconds. And if you prove to be too troublesome, they will pull you out of your car and give you a good beating, you silly nonentity!, while oga is watching from his car.

Omosetan Omoyorun
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Winnerslfc(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
ehie:

I love your post,the most intelligent one i have read in nairaland for a long long time.
objective analysis,and constructive solutions.
nigerians think with only 1%of their brain and  on the right side  of the brain,the one that rules the emotional side.
Thanks a lot,for being different
The writer of that post is mature in thinking unlike folks who will just come here and write things like i dey laugh, lol and other rubbish. I quite agree with you.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Horus(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2011
[size=15pt]Al-Qaeda-linked suicide bomber targets Nigeria police station [/SIZE]

A suicide bomber believed to have been trained by al-Qaeda-linked terrorists in Somalia drove a car loaded with explosives into Nigeria's national police headquarters, killing himself and one other person. Thick black smoke rose into the sky above the white office block in Abuja, the West African country's capital, after the attack on Thursday afternoon. Olusola Amore, Nigeria's national police spokesman, said two people - " the driver of the car and a traffic warden - " died in the attack. "The body of the bomber has been recovered and we have immediately launched an investigation," he said. The fact that its national headquarters had been hit will be hugely embarrassing to the police force. Boko Haram, an armed group based in Nigeria's majority Muslim north, claimed responsibility. The group has carried out similar attacks on police and army barracks in the past, and was behind deadly bombs in Abuja during national independence day celebrations last year. But this is the highest-profile federal target they have hit. It was also the first time a bomber trained in Somalia was used, again showing how Africa's most failed state, largely under control of jihadists inspired by al-Qaeda, is capable of exporting terror tactics far beyond its borders. In July 2010, coordinated suicide bombers attacked two bars in Kampala, Uganda, where hundreds of people had gathered to watch the World Cup Final in South Africa. More than 70 people died. Thursday's bombing suggests a growth in ambition of Boko Haram. In a statement issued in Hausa, northern Nigeria's main language, the group said some of its members have just returned from Somalia where they went for training. This could not immediately be verified. The group also said it planned more attacks. "It's nasty, and it's significant, that they're claiming that they are now sending followers to Somalia to learn how to do these attacks better," said one European diplomat in Abuja. "They killed more people in the independence day attack, though, and they have already been making statements about warning people next time so no bystanders die.
"It's not exactly widespread murder they're planning, but we all still need to be alert, even if this appears to be a domestic issue. Boko Haram has no clearly spelt-out aims. It has said in the past it wants northern Nigeria to be ruled entirely under Islamic law. Although some sharia laws are in practice there, federal legislation still takes precedence in more prominent issues. Tensions between Muslims and Christians in the area, especially in the city of Jos, has regularly spilt into violence, killing hundreds of people in the last few years. There are now fears that Boko Haram had joined with al-Qaeda's north African branch, given the link to Somalia and the change in tactics. Mr Amore, the police spokesman, said he had no comment on that. The diplomat said, "I think it's unlikely, but it can't be ruled out".

[B]Source:[/B] http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7012:al-qaeda-linked-suicide-bomber-targets-nigeria-police-station&catid=3:newsflash&Itemid=57
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by OOmoyorun(m): 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2011
Winnerslfc:

The writer of that post is mature in thinking unlike folks who will just come here and write things like i dey laugh, lol and other rubbish. I quite agree with you.

Thank you victorazy, ehie and winnnerslfc for your compliments.

I have never written on Nairaland before but I had the compulsion to write after the last few events in Nigeria.  Suicide bomber in Nigeria! Unheard of before and now what next? Most Nigerians used to be people who enjoyed life, and to think one Nigerian can knowingly blow himself/herself up is a very sad case.

There needs to be change in the country, and maybe threats like this week will wake up the populace to say enough is enough, it's a shame the elections were earlier in the year. The Government will not do anything and if they do it will be an uncontrolled and badly managed over-reaction. If the police cannot protect themselves who will protect us?

Omosetan Omoyorun
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Porthable(m): 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
Just imagine, our mst should be mst secured place is the mst insecured area right nw. Things are really fallen apart. Just tel GEJ dat if they re given amnesty as proposed terrosim will be kool business in nigeria wich will attrat foreing investors.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by snthesis(m): 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
Winnerslfc:

idey laugh
lol
lwkmd
grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by callenoch(m): 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2011
how safe is any part of nigeria
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by callenoch(m): 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2011
the brains behind this issue should be brought to face the wrath
the engine and chasis number of the bomber's car should the send to NIGERIAN CUSTOMS and related quarters, to trace d buyer. and to who and who
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by obiagbasi: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2011
it is a sorry case for our great nation!!!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
^^^ is the nation really great? Come to think of it is it really a nation? grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by obiagbasi: 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2011
bomb is now the latest toy in our country! it is a pity.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by lastpage: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2011
@callenoch
the brains behind this issue should be brought to face the wrath
the engine and chasis number of the bomber's car should the send to NIGERIAN CUSTOMS and related quarters, to trace d buyer. and to who and who
They ain't that stewpid!
People who do this kind of thing (like Kidnappers and Armed Robbers), do it using a STOLEN VEHICLE! shocked
That way, the Police will be chasing "straws" if they want to use such vehicle to identify them. wink

The event further accentuates the need for CCTV Cameras on our streets but unfortunately, our Governments dont take security seriously and the required infrastructure (Stable Electricity and and decent broadband) to support such idea seems an utopian dream in Nigeria, despite he Billions of Dollars the country earns on a daily basis, from the sale of Crude Oil. angry

BTW: The Nation is Great, will be Great but for sometime now, we have been saddled with Inept Leadership
Remove such "parasites" and you will wonder how we have been down for so long!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by aribisala0(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
cctv i dey laff.

dstv nko?
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by callenoch(m): 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2011
god bless niger with quality leaders pppppppppppppppllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by junivenny(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2011
that was bad
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by kandiikane(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
O.Omoyorun:

"Chineke!!! What are you planning to do about this then?"

Nothing on my own, Nigeria needs a collective effort for change. Are you in denial? Do you agree or disagree with my post?

Your post is pointless, you are better served to write something constructive or doing something with purpose in all those minutes it took you to compose the rather pointless post.

Omosetan Omoyorun.
Why the insult? How is my question pointless? You wrote all the issues affecting the country and you call yourself an "infidel" what the hell are you planning to do in regards to helping the country?
You can talk, talk and insult but are you going to make a difference? What have you done in your life to help make Nigeria a better place?
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by oderemo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
cctv i dey laff.

dstv nko?
hey, dont start. grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by forkadict(m): 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2011
DivideUs:

ilike mend claimed 1st oct bombin? am guessing this donkey voted pdp

Dont mind that bas.tar.d WEREPELEI or whatever his stoooooopid name is. So quick to come to PDP and JEJ's defence. Most disgusting is the fact that he has appointed his stoooopid self as the sole decider of intelligent and stoooopid posts. If you agree with him in your post, he classifies you as intelligent. If you dont, then you are stupid. Such an immature, sentimental, i.diotic poster. Mscheeeeeeew
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by OOmoyorun(m): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2011
kandiikane:

Why the insult? How is my question pointless? You wrote all the issues affecting the country and you call yourself an "infidel" what the hell are you planning to do in regards to helping the country?
You can talk, talk and insult but are you going to make a difference? What have you done in your life to help make Nigeria a better place?

If you actually bother to read my post you will see my thoughts on what needs to be done in Nigeria. Read it again and stop nagging. I gave my views on how to sort the police problem in the short and long-term and the best way to deal with Gboko Haram.

What have I done to make Nigeria a better place? Well, I have not been in such position in Nigeria to make changes yet, does that mean I have no opinion? The little contribution that I have made; I refrain from any sort of corruption and not given bribes.

The joke of 'I am an infidel' is probably lost on you. But to give you a hint, that is the name Gboko Haram refer you by if you are not one of them (more so, if you are not muslim). I will rather be anything in this world than be like them so I am proud to be an infidel in there eyes.

Case closed, I will not reply to your irrelevant comments on this subject.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by kandiikane(m): 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2011
Why are you getting your knickers in a knot ? Fine, you gave your opinions(clap for yourself) but I am asking what have you done or planning on doing? You do not have to be in government to make changes. The question is as simple as ABC. . .No need to beat around the bush with it.

I am not interested in a joke.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by agabaI23(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2011
I was on phone with someone who was close to the scene when the blast occurred and she said 'bomb last!, let me run into court of appeal . . .'

It is not good.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by civilserva: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2011
Let Jonathan sack IG Ogbonna Onovo for incompetence. Since he became IG crime rate has gone up
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by otondo55: 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2011

The twelve northern states want to secede from Nigeria.

Members of MASSOB don't want to be part of the false union of convenience.

Odua Nation are clamoring for their nation.

Various groups in the south-south want out.

The right of a people to self-determination should be respected.

Let's stop this avoidable bloodshed by convening a national conference,

where we can decide how to live side by side as independent nations.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by LKRavitz(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2011
aribisala0:

cctv i dey laff.

dstv nko?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by money2ride: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2011
Where else do we expect them to target? Who has bothered to ask where the arms and ammunition flown into the country and was discovered in Kano airport has gone to? Have we heard anything about the incident from the authorities after the plane was sighted? Were there no policemen on round the clock duty at those INEC offices where there was post election bombings? All these points to only one thing, the people concerned also have the connivance of the police. If they had wanted to kill the IG it would have been achieved. its not just boko haram its more than boko haram.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by jmaine: 10:38am On Jun 18, 2011
Something is not right with this suicidal stories . . the guy had the opportunity to blow up himself once in the force headquarters to incur huge collateral damage but allowed himself to be persuaded or coerced  to go to the car park before doing himself. knowing fully well his supposed civilian or security officials target were low . . .IMO, It appears, the guy aim was not to blow himself up, but to park the car, then go out and detonate it . .  but when thwarted, he had to comply to where he was directed to, maybe bidding his time for whatever reasons  . . and boom . .their unstable bomb went off as usual . . or was there a struggle during interrogation between the policeman and the culprit maybe to seize the keys ( you know that is the first line of action of our law enforcers on defaulting drivers) . .which led to the unfortunate suicide colored event . .Just analyzing the whole scenario here . . cos the agressor was able to make his way inside the complex . . .Persuading a suicide bomber is not a norm , not after getting close to the target
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by item1: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2011
This is what happens when a man refuses to take care of his children but go around sealing fish from his wife's soup and conering the garri by force. Certainly the children will grow outside the care, learn all manner of crimes and return to the house with destruction in mind.

ALL Our leaders have neglected the development of this country instead they steal everytime the opportunity calls, by any means and with any style. Funny enough these people visit other countries see what angels are doing there and yet they refuse to think Well if we continue to neglet this country sure beautiful ones are not yet born
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by ak47mann(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2011
item1:

This is what happens when a man refuses to take care of his children but go around sealing fish from his wife's soup and conering the garri by force. Certainly the children will grow outside the care, learn all manner of crimes and return to the house with destruction in mind.

ALL Our leaders have neglected the development of this country instead they steal everytime the opportunity calls, by any means and with any style. Funny enough these people visit other countries see what angels are doing there and yet they refuse to think Well if we continue to neglet this country sure [b]beautiful ones are not yet born[/b]
That is this leaders are very dump i swear how can you hate your fathers land so much that you steal from poor people. And run to rich countries to hide the stolen wealth.If this idiooots invested must of their stolen wealth in nigeria that country by now will be matching up with countries like south Africa when it comes to infrastructure,
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by ebor(m): 12:49am On Jun 19, 2011
jmaine:

Something is not right with this suicidal stories . . the guy had the opportunity to blow up himself once in the force headquarters to incur huge collateral damage but allowed himself to be persuaded or coerced to go to the car park before doing himself. knowing fully well his supposed civilian or security officials target were low . . .IMO, It appears, the guy aim was not to blow himself up, but to park the car, then go out and detonate it . . but when thwarted, he had to comply to where he was directed to, maybe bidding his time for whatever reasons . . and boom . .their unstable bomb went off as usual . . or was there a struggle during interrogation between the policeman and the culprit maybe to seize the keys ( you know that is the first line of action of our law enforcers on defaulting drivers) . .which led to the unfortunate suicide colored event . .Just analyzing the whole scenario here . . cos the agressor was able to make his way inside the complex . . .Persuading a suicide bomber is not a norm , not after getting close to the target

You are absolutely right; a suicide bomber need not be persuaded or forced into obedience the the way this one was.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by werepeLeri: 8:52am On Jun 19, 2011
It is not actually a suicide bomber if you read here:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/force-hqtrs-bombing-suicide-bomber-was-a-foreigner-%E2%80%94-interim-report/

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje And Kwankwaso's Thugs Clash Again In Kano (Photos) / 2019: Atiku Is Coming; Rivers Is Getting Ready - Wike Shares Photos / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.