Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music (25394 Views)

Stonebwoy Ft. Odumodublvck - Ekelebe (Official Video) Mp3 Download / Best African Music Performance: Grammys Add Three New Categories / Flavour, Gordon To Headline African Music Concert In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by 360command: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2021
I have said it here on nairaland when it comes to Ghana. They come to the Nigerians seeking and begging for help; either we help as investors, we also help in the areas of studying in ghana, as well as the entertainment . we always help them no matter what.. During wizkid 02 arena concert, wizkid brought upon king promise making him be the first Ghanaian in the o2 arena. We Nigerians help and we have been helping. The same way Kwame nkrumah helped us during his time.

5 Likes

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Iphone5: 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
lenghtinny:

And Ghana is an El Dorado I guess angry

Abi no be there Akufo dey celebrate health centre as achievement angry

Why you trying so hard to deflect from the music saga...

You just dey foam for mouth like an epileptic patient angry

If you check am sef, the Ghanaian (born by mistake) wey you quote fit dey live for ikorodu

6 Likes

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by EmekaBlue(m): 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2021
But this Ghana na only shatta wale and stoneboy since

Sarkodie too sha..d main one
Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by byteem: 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2021
Good music sells itself.. if it's a good sound it will blow.. see amapaino.. zanku and others .. if it's good it will sell itself.. whatabout that dorime remix.. damn I love that song.. and it's not Nigerian..

4 Likes

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by byteem: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
360command:
I have said it here on nairaland when it comes to Ghana. They come to the Nigerians seeking and begging for help; either we help as investors, we also help in the areas of studying in ghana, as well as the entertainment . we always help them no matter what.. During wizkid 02 arena concert, wizkid brought upon king promise making him be the first Ghanaian in the o2 arena. We Nigerians help and we have been helping. The same way Kwame nkrumah helped us during his time.

Don't mind that jealous shatta or whatever he call himself .. na jealousy go kill am

2 Likes

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Kingmelly(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
jaxxy:

Do u beg Ghana b4 they show u love? Just reciprocate. Lol
We won't... Do your worst grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Ayanfet: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hmmm. Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by DarkJeddi(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
handouts from who? grin grin grin

Lol..

And what is all these rants about?

Nigerians no dey carry una along.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
[s]
FILEBE:

But you can follow outsiders to leave your family house? You can follow outsiders to travel abload and go there to start looking down at Nigerians abi? You go there and start saying " welcome to a new dispensation"
You better wake up and smell the coffee . Let's stop this hypocrisy. Call a spade a spade!!

This country is getting worse by the day. We have the highest religious bodies in the world yet the citizens are the not good in character . Crime rate, prostitution , blood money etc .

See, we need to tell ourselves the truth . We have to change inwardly first
[/s]
If you are a bàßtard who discusses your family problems with outsiders, that's on you.

As for the rest of the nonsense you spewed, just because you are suffering in Nigeria does not mean everyone is. I am thriving and living right here.

So getat of my mentions

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by izibili44: 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
SmartProf:
These Ghanaian noise makers are really pained due to the success Nigerian artistes are recording year in year out...this is the true picture of small nyansh dey shake o.

Nigerian artistes should avoid them, cos it's evident that their Ghanaian counterparts are going through a phase of depression.
Guy you read waiting stoneboy talk before you dey comment. You no see the difference between the stone boy and shatter wale messages
Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by ZombieTERROR: 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
You are obviously deficient in intelligence quotient, huh?

Or you are confused? Let me educate you. Ghanaian artistes come to Ghana and are paid to perform. Yes, Ghana pays them to come and perform here, huh? That is support, right? Yes, Ghanaians are supporting Nigerian artiste by bringing them to Ghana and paying them to perform.

What Ghanaian artistes are saying is, why can't Ghanaian artistes also go to Nigeria and perform and be paid, just their nigerian counterparts do in Ghana? what is fvcking wrong with that argument?

you nigerians are just arrogant for nothing. You talk as if you own the world, yet poverty don full ground in your country.

You nigerians are so bloody jeouleous of everything. Twitter opened an office in Ghana and the whole country wanted to burn cool

[s][/s]

what are you saying?...
good music sells itself
sarkodie practically lives in Nigeria.. shows upon shows..
gakie collaboration with Omar lay was a club banger. .. getting air plays everywhere

Nigeria or Nigerian artists owe their Ghanaian counterparts absolutely nothing..

put out great content out there and the rest will be history

did you know how Fireboy got Ed Sheeran on his Peru remix.. Ed begged for it.. because he loved it.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by PetroDolla2020: 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2021
Tell me. How can nigeria help Ghana when nigeria itself needs help?
You are obviously clueless, huh? Charity begins from home. Let nigeria help itself first, huh? You want to "help" Ghana which is making great progress over the years.
1. Compare life expectancy in Nigeria and Ghana grin
How many hours of electricity do you get in that country zoo?
How man nigerian children are in school, compered with Ghanaian children? Ghanaian children enjoy free education from primary school to university. On top of that, they get free food, free clothing, free books grin There are 15 million nigerian children out of school and roaming the streets as we speak, according to UNICEF. these are future boko haram, yahoo yahoo, robbers, pr0stitutes grin
How many Nigerians are gainfully employed in your country?
Today, every Nigerian is fleeing nigerians as if a masquerade is chasing them. come to Ghana and see how nigerians don fulll ground for here grin They are busy searching for Ghanaian passport because the nigerian passport is useless grin

[s]
360command:
[/s]

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by GhostWisperer: 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
AuntLaVIV:
We were all Africans before we got separated into individual nations. African history and migration studies confirms that there is more that unites us than divides us. As the big family that we are, we all draw diverse creative inspiration from one another - no wonder then that we have similar cultures and values across the continent, and this cross-pollination is clearly shown in our music and sound. With the advent of the modern day nation-state, each independent nation is uniquely gifted in order to contribute its quota to the overall status of Africa's entertainment and creative arts scene. To do this, we must support each other in equal measure. Our brother nation Nigeria has done very well to mark many of the biggest milestones in the entertainment scene and is putting Africa on the global map due to the strength of its population (amongst other qualities.

Accordingly, our Nigerian brothers must consider that with their great power comes the responsibility of helping to forge a united African front by deliberately allowing music from the other African countries which pollinate Nigerian music to flourish on Nigerian platforms on local and international levels. This approach will enable the African sound to dominate the world as one big family and as a global force... That's how we stand as one Africa.. My brother Shatta Wale's approach may be wrong but the topic of our brother nation Nigeria not reciprocating the love and support it receives particularly from Ghana is valid and deserves critical attention. Meanwhile, as the saying goes, we must love our neighbours as we love ourselves (not more than we love ourselves). This means that Ghanaians home and abroad must emulate the Nigerian approach of prioritising an agenda to invest in and support Ghanaian talent.
music isn't politics or sentiment.

If you play good music and have good marketing platform you will sell your record anywhere.

Are Nigerians supporting western music for WizKid and Davido to get support there?
America is the entertainment headquarters in the world and top Canadian artists like Drake, British artists like U2, Adele, and Ed Sheeran, etc go to America to produce to penetrate the market.

If Ghana isn't beating her dry chest, she's claiming fictional deeds and exploits.

I have never seen a people like Ghanaians so conceited in their own delusions and perception.

Pathetic lots!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by nerd004: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
Our African neighbours are jealous of us .

1. Dec 22 2020 a Cameroonian comedian called Pancho Cy openly called for the complete ban of Nigerian music in his country. He claimed Nigerian artiste are beginning to have a strong fan based in cameroun, he cited lots of examples and instances where the Cameroonian populace now prefer to listen to Nigerian songs rather than their indigenous Cameroonian music even in wedding ceremonies (where they prefer to listen to Ada Ada by Flavour).

2. Dec 15 2020; a Uganda artiste named BeBe Cool ensured Nigerian musician Omah lay, Tems and their producers Muyiwa Awomiyi were arrested and locked up for 2 days,after a sold out concept which the Nigerian duo were supposed to perform , they were accused of flouting the COVID 19 rule, around that same period a video surfaced on Facebook showing a Ugandan musician rejoicing over their arrest and claiming that Nigerian musicians made more money than them during COVID period even in Uganda and so deserves to be arrested..It took the intervention of the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs before they were released

Now fast forward to this Shatta Wale's issue,,,

This guy has a general beef for Nigeria artiste, if you doubt me, kindly visit his Facebook page and watch some of his videos,you will discover that he is always making unhealthy comparison between the Ghanaian music industry and that of Nigerian... Before his recent outburst,he dropped a video where he advised Ghanaian ladies to stop celebrating Nigerian artist.

Still typing make I rest small..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by skallion7(m): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2021
360command:
How did kwame Nkrumah help us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by ajl: 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2021
SmartProf:
These Ghanaian noise makers are really pained due to the success Nigerian artistes are recording year in year out...this is the true picture of small nyansh dey shake o.

Nigerian artistes should avoid them, cos it's evident that their Ghanaian counterparts are going through a phase of depression.

We Nigerians and our big mouth. If Nigerians are in position of a country like America, only God know how the people will manage it. Our people too "form". A country that cannot even feed or protect itself. Please, Nigerians manage your ego. One of the reasons this country is in a mess. A country with a people with this kind of mindset and attitude will always be far from greatness. It's obvious why the country is a mess even though na Nija people sabi God pass. What a people?

3 Likes

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Judgesledge(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
Sakamaje:
It's not their fault. It's our artists like Wizkid, Davido, and Burna Boy that I blame. Will they say that they are unaware of the envy and jealousy that Ghanaians have been displaying against Nigerians in their country lately? Is it a must for them to be going to such an increasingly anti-Nigerian country for extended stays? It is their waka-waka that is making some Ghanaians to falsely think that Nigerians owe them something.

These artists should sit their butts in one place and stop embarrassing themselves and Nigeria. Ghanaians hate Nigerians out of jealousy and envy, and there is nothing we Nigerians can do about that. They are just using this music of a thing as an excuse. Nigerians don't discriminate when it comes to good music. If your music is sweet enough, we will grove to it, regardless of where the singer is from. Enough of the cheap blackmail.
Apt post, i remember how grateful big tril was to Nigeria for the big publicity his track parte after parte received ,we did that not because he is African, was because he played good music, plain and simple

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by PetroDolla2020: 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
rants ke? who get time to rant about nigerians? I only got to nairaland to see nigerians ranting about Ghana, instead of finding solutions to the numerous problems facing their country grin grin grin Look, you can't even move from Abuja to Kaduna without being kidnapped cool

I am Ghanaian and I live in Accra. We are enjoying our lives and getting ready to welcome 2022 tonight. grin Nobody here is talking about nigerians. all this nonsense about shata wale said this or wizkid said that are only on nairaland. Nobody else in Ghana gives a fvck abot you nigerians. Sadly, that is the truth grin grin grin

[s]
DarkJeddi:
Lol..

And what is all these rants about?

Nigerians no dey carry una along.. grin
[/s]
Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
Good music comes from inspiration and will sell wherever it's heard.

What Ghanaians feel in Nigerians music is what Americans, Asians and Europeans feel, and it is the reason they play the music. It is not support for Nigerians music if you play it on your radio and invite them for shows.

When Nigerians were inviting American Superstars to Nigeria, we loved the music then and we did not see it as 'Support' for America.

Ghanaians music is not of inspiration but perspiration so it is difficult and torturous to bring them on board any platform. People will naturally be repelled from it cos it's not of quality.

That being said, Nigerians are being invited for shows worldwide not just in Ghana.

So Ghanaians will continue to suffer until they learn to be more creative than noisy.

Nigeria does not need Ghana to grow its entertainment industry and Ghana does not need Nigeria so to your tents oh Israel.

Stop quoting one Africa when you want to insult Nigerians you can quote it if you have a unifying product that works. Africa is not for trash productions.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by DarkJeddi(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
rants ke? who get time to rant about nigerians? I only got to nairaland to see nigerians ranting about Ghana, instead of finding solutions to the numerous problems facing their country grin grin grin Look, you can't even move from Abuja to Kaduna without being kidnapped cool

I am Ghanaian and I live in Accra. We are enjoying our lives and getting ready to welcome 2022 tonight. grin Nobody here is talking about nigerians. all this nonsense about shata wale said this or wizkid said that are only on nairaland. Nobody else in Ghana gives a fvck abot you nigerians. Sadly, that is the truth grin grin grin

[s][/s]
So why are you HERE? grin

If you don't care about Nigerians..

Me,I don't care about you..

And I am in Nigeria..

Minding my business..

Not trawling some Ghanaian website.. grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by tegrianonigltd(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
SmartProf:

You lack comprehension, why not sit and read and listen to Flavor talk about Diamond Platinum etc and realize what he really means, we Nigerians are just self centered people, selfish people, that’s why when a leader enter power he want to enrich himself and his family without thinking of the masses, even the music industry, the same, greed and always beefing each other, Nigerians only support Nigeria when other countries say something, but Nigeria is not what it is, no love on all grounds. Just comprehend not just follow the crowd, be different and think out of the box. This is why buhari came in the first place, oh sai baba, integrity, this that, many didn’t research they just follow and follow, etc. Nigeria no Dey show love, even Nigerians abroad, you see your fellow Nigerian ready sell you if e go bring money, true fact, I Dey here.

1 Like

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by colestephan86: 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
ishit4bodyy:
Then why are your artists crying for our support?
Have you ever seen where a rich man begs a poor man for anything?

Upon all your light, your only major export is adonko bitters.
VGMA, your country's biggest music award, is the brainchild of a Nigerian. Meaning we have our gatekeepers in your music industry.

You people talk of our artists staying in Ghana. Yet your actors are all over Lagos begging for jobs because they would rather work in Nollywood than in your dead kumawood. Some of dem are even toys for our z-listers E.g Iceberg Slim and Juliet Ibrahim
But we don't come out to brag about it.

You people want to start what you can never finish. You pursued Nollywood out of your country, your movie industry collapsed to today. Try the music industry and let's see.
Ghanaians are generally lazy People, imagine a country that has constant power supply but still unproductive, that goes on to tell you that you need more than power supply to be productive.
Go to their big stores, it owned by some white or Chinese guys , while they work as errand people .
All companies in Ghana owned by foreigners are owned by blacks in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by ajl: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
nerd004:
Our African neighbours are jealous of us .

1. Dec 22 2020 a Cameroonian comedian called Pancho Cy openly called for the complete ban of Nigerian music in his country. He claimed Nigerian artiste are beginning to have a strong fan based in cameroun, he cited lots of examples and instances where the Cameroonian populace now prefer to listen to Nigerian songs rather than their indigenous Cameroonian music even in wedding ceremonies (where they prefer to listen to Ada Ada by Flavour).

2. Dec 15 2020; a Uganda artiste named BeBe Cool ensured Nigerian musician Omah lay, Tems and their producers Muyiwa Awomiyi were arrested and locked up for 2 days,after a sold out concept which the Nigerian duo were supposed to perform , they were accused of flouting the COVID 19 rule, around that same period a video surfaced on Facebook showing a Ugandan musician rejoicing over their arrest and claiming that Nigerian musicians made more money than them during COVID period even in Uganda and so deserves to be arrested..It took the intervention of the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs before they were released

Now fast forward to this Shatta Wale's issue,,,

This guy has a general beef for Nigeria artiste, if you doubt me, kindly visit his Facebook page and watch some of his videos,you will discover that he is always making unhealthy comparison between the Ghanaian music industry and that of Nigerian... Before his recent outburst,he dropped a video where he advised Ghanaian ladies to stop celebrating Nigerian artist.
Still typing make I rest small..

It's simple. Black people are just self destructive. And No. 1 on the list are Nigerians.
Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
This is looking more and more like Ghanaians are envious of Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Minjim: 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
I always thought this guy is a Nigerian sha.

It recently I realised he isnt
Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by tempusfugit: 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
Idiot, you deserve it
FILEBE:

Boy. Be careful .
Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by PetroDolla2020: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
you don't get it, right? As long as the topic is about Ghana or Ghanaians, I am entitled to know. grin when I see anything about Ghana, whether on nairaland, nairabutt or whatever, I am entitled to follow and know what is being said. so I didn't come to nairaland because I wanted to read about nigerians or nigerians. By the way, what is there to read about nigeria and nigerians more than killings, kidnappings, roberies etc grin

so you mudder fuggerx should stop talking about other countries if you don''t want non-nigerians to come here. Its as simple as that, right? grin fuckeuppedness grin

[s]
DarkJeddi:
So why are you HERE? grin

If you don't care about Nigerians..

Me,I don't care about you..

And I am in Nigeria..

Minding my business..

Not trawling some Ghanaian website.. grin
[/s]
Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by ajl: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
colestephan86:

Ghanaians are generally lazy People, imagine a country that has constant power supply but still unproductive, that goes on to tell you that you need more than power supply to be productive.
Go to their big stores, it owned by some white or Chinese guys , while they work as errand people .
All companies in Ghana owned by foreigners are owned by blacks in Nigeria

Sadly, Nigeria as a country will cease to exist in few years. I will see where all our refugees will go. Which country will accept them? I just sorry for this country and its people.

3 Likes

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Minjim: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
ajl:

It's simple. Black people are just self destructive. And No. 1 on the list are Nigerians.

Da pada!

That spot is for SA

Ghana don't know about these when they victimise Nigeria bizmen in Ghana

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by PetroDolla2020: 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
you kidding me? grin Give me just one reason why Ghanaians should be jealous of Nigerians? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

give me one, and I will give you 10 reasons why a Nigerian should envy a Ghanaian grin

Ibrahimmrfish:
This is looking more and more like Ghanaians are envious of Nigerians.
Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Minjim: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
How do we make people accept music that doesn't have rhythm and lyrics? Do we force it down their throats?

What's working for Nigerian artist is the beat- thanks to all the music producers

Most of our songs don't have good lyrics.

But we are in the the age where people don't listen to music again. They just wanna dance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
'Watch out' by this dude has been on replay for 3years now. Stone Bwoy is one of the best alive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Quavo Ft. Normani & Davido – Swing / What Are The 5 Hottest Songs On Your Playlist? / Burna Boy & Don Jazzy In The Studio Working Together (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.