Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Fish Rain From Sky In Texarkana - Has This Happened Any Where In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fish Rain From Sky In Texarkana - Has This Happened Any Where In Nigeria? (572 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Lady Drives Her Boyfriend’s Car Because She Was Bored And This Happened / Reverend Father Involved In Ghastly Accident In Bayelsa,But This Happened.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fish Rain From Sky In Texarkana - Has This Happened Any Where In Nigeria? by Obiwank: 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2021
Curious if this happened before any where in Nigeria and how did people react to it.
--------------------------

TEXARKANA, Texas (KTAL/KMSS) – It “rained fish” for a few minutes in Texarkana Wednesday afternoon as storms moved through the area.

It happened around 4:30 p.m., according to James Audirsch, who works at the Orr Maxx used car dealership on Summerhill Road. He says he and his co-worker Brad Pratt heard loud noises and looked outside only to see fish falling from the sky.

“There was a loud crack of thunder and when we opened up the bay door, I looked outside and it was raining real hard and a fish hit the ground, and then I said, ‘It’s raining fish!’ Brad was like, ‘No it’s not,’ and I’m like, “No, it really is!'” and fish were droppin’ here and everywhere.”

Small fish could be seen sprinkled throughout the parking lot of the dealership, as well as the one across the street and the tire shop next door. Some were 4-5 inches long and appeared to be young white bass.

“Raining fish” is believed to be the result of a rare meteorological phenomenon in which a water spout moving over water sucks up small creatures such as fish and frogs, carrying them along until they lose steam before dropping their stunned passengers.

Strong winds created by tornadoes or hurricanes can also send small species raining from the sky, according to the Library of Congress.

https://www.arklatexhomepage.com/news/local-news/fish-rain-from-sky-in-texarkana/

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Onitsha Bus In Ibadan / Which Evaluation Body Evaluates Bed As A Professional Degree / Buried Alive: The Heroic Rescue Of Chinese Cobalt Miners In DR Congo(video&pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.