Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 - Business (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 (368122 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (521) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by VlamesIffect(f): 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Eagba:
abeg bosses in the house, if you try to get a RR of 1:1 that's 50 pips loss target and 50 pips profit target for your trades, an mostly after entering your trade, the market was going your way n later reverses before hitting your 50 pips profit target. From look of things, it will start recording negative profit.

what do you do so to maintain your 1:1 RR target, because if you close early, your 50 pips profit target isn't met but most times your 50 pips loss is a guarantee.

rainlover:
co-asking
Cc
VlamesIffect
Infofirst
Piptocoin
kozmicity
currentprice
Fxwarrior

My bosses... Practically while still using the fixed stop loss of 50pips...You fit increase your take profit to 100pips...then when in 50pips in profit you fit close half of your lotsize...while you move your Stop Loss to break even.... watch videos on taking partial profit on youtube...

2. When price dun move 25pips in profit....you fit reduce your stop loss to 25pips... everything na just maths my boss.

Hope say we dey enjoy the weekend bosses....

5 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by kozmicity: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2022
Piptocoin:

That is why I advised reading the book, Master the Markets. There is still much to know concerning reading market movement through volume analysis. Price did rise on the EURUSD analysis and am expecting more bullishness. That is how I majorly see the market...through volume.

I've been trying that volume thing since morning... I feel I'm making progress
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by kozmicity: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
rainlover:
co-asking
Cc
VlamesIffect
Infofirst
Piptocoin
kozmicity
currentprice
Fxwarrior

@Eagba
If you're having a 1:1 RR ratio, you strategy simply has to have a win rate of higher than 50%. Generally, if the markets go in your favor then reverse to hit your SL, it means you need to revisit your strategy.

Get to know the why. It might be that your TP is too distant or you're getting in too early. Try to work on your entry and see how much you can tweak your strategy until you get more than a 1:1

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by teemy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
realone12:
Lol..this boss never seize to amaze me by answering questions in a funny way. you and I know sey things doesn't work that way now.. though I know you are joking boss..
Of a truth, it is a concept that could be researched. If indeed 'most' end at his SL instead of his TP, he might consider paper trading that and see where it goes. Lots of crazy strategies have crossed my desk.

P.S. I seldom joke. wink
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by elder1002: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
Still sell bais on this the pair

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by Piptocoin: 11:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
kozmicity:

I've been trying that volume thing since morning... I feel I'm making progress

that is nice to know. take your time to read it. if at the end it is something you like to explore further then you should consider adding to your knowledge by frequenting vsa forums at forexfactory especially the one titled VSA With Malcolm.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by bigbasho: 9:47am On Jun 26, 2022
Pattern repeats Just like playing a musical note over and over again. Good to know you picked from my line. Zoom out your chart and on Lower TF also. You will be amazed at what you will discover. I will drop some nuggets on EU later. I hope it turns the light on completely for you and others willing to follow this path. I must also commend your consistency. Keep it up bro.
charly20:
Nasdaq....

History repeats. I saw on oil,I'm seeing again on nasdaq.

Credits to @bigbasho. Na for your hand i learn this one,boss.

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by XAUTrader4L2: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2022
VlamesIffect:
If gold wan sell...make he sell now....if he wan buy make he buy...which kind thing be this? Sell today buy tomorrow

It's annoying but what can we do. I guess it's the cost of trading gold right now.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by XAUTrader4L2: 10:38am On Jun 26, 2022
charly20:

I swear. The asset is so manipulated sotey e reach to abandon but I know say i dey toxic relationship like this grin

Understandable, alot of people are frustrated and even abandoned it.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by XAUTrader4L2: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2022
So far so good the demand is still holding. Imo gold is forming a base and once its ready, it will make a decisive move to the upside above 1878 to complete the base. On the other hand, if this is not a base then more bleeding to come. The main thing is to continue waiting patiently as gold has been going sideways for sometime now.
Fundamentaly the focus of this week is the US gdp, am curious to see what the number will be like because consensus says a negative gdp for the second quarter. The first quarter had a negative gdp and people say two negative quarters in a row is a sign of a recession.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by MONEY247: 11:02am On Jun 26, 2022
bigbasho:
Pattern repeats Just like playing a musical note over and over again. Good to know you picked from my line. Zoom out your chart and on Lower TF also. You will be amazed at what you will discover. I will drop some nuggets on EU later. I hope it turns the light on completely for you and others willing to follow this path. I must also commend your consistency. Keep it up bro.

cool cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by XAUTrader4L2: 11:50am On Jun 26, 2022
The chart of gold from 1971 when President Nixon abandoned the gold standard to 2019. For gold to shine, the markets may need to lose faith in the central bank's policies.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by GarkiAccessory(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
bigbasho:
Yea agree with you on laptop though.

But does it apply too in trending conditions?

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by dotunibrahim7(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
bigbasho:
waiting for your nuggets bigbasho make I learn from you.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by charly20(m): 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2022
XAUTrader4L2:

Understandable, alot of people are frustrated and even abandoned it.

It has really done me dirty.
After all intraday demand windows didn't hold,i changed my perspective and i think i have a better picture of what is going on. I won't be surprised if we see bullish pressure tomorrow. But my preferred swing price is now 1810 ish.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by zonall(m): 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
juniniodanielz:
Almost into Q3 2022! Just bought my second prop firm account. Hope God works his magic this time

Congrats boss.

May the blue pips continually be with you.

6 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by Jameselias: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
juniniodanielz:
Learnt one very important key from this interview! FTMO dey try abeg!

Which is?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by karkinase(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
charly20:

It has really done me dirty.
After all intraday demand windows didn't hold,i changed my perspective and i think i have a better picture of what is going on. I won't be surprised if we see bullish pressure tomorrow. But my preferred swing price is now 1810 ish.
Charly share me your book on smart money concept.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by charly20(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2022
karkinase:

Charly share me your book on smart money concept.

My chief,
Sadly,i don't have any books cry but YouTube is awash with ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by zonall(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
charly20:

To profit from the market,I believe a swing trader has to be open to choose several assets. This comes with its own discipline because having a large amount of asset at your disposal and personally choosing to trade a particular set is what is required to manage equity (this is different from hiding off some pairs so you "can't" see them or trade them) . This is like having a large buffet where you choose which food you want to eat instead of having a limited choice of food and consequently being "forced" to eat what is available.

The discipline involved helps you to not overtrade and consequently straining equity.

Swing setups take a longer period to complete and for the benefit of trading experience, I believe a new swing trader should spend more time with the market so that necessary mistakes can be made and strategies can easily be determined.

Using myself as an example, i have all the assets at my disposal but I choose to trade mostly jpy pairs, EA, usdcad,oil,US100 and probably gold. This has had it's impact on my experience as some of these are very volatile assets and i don't want to blow my account so I must be rigid with my risk management smiley.

My win rate is still less than 50% but my account is not dead.
So, i hope you gerrit smiley

....glad at your progress + growth in trading and in providing knowledge + support to other traders in this forum this past year...keep it burning boss.

...as it is our tradition, I am nominating you in advance, for the launch of FTA23, you have met and continue to exceed the criteria for it.

...cheers to many more insights from you and may the blue pips continually be with you.

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by zonall(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
From my experience and probably, that of some other traders here, determining the H1 trend {for instance} may not be the actual challenge in trading.

Even, if you are able to determine the H1 trend, how do you apply it in a fairly precise manner to guide a trade entry decision in the next hour or two or even, the near future?

Rather, determining if that H1 trend is ready to trend and from where it will trend is the real challenge; every other aspect can be learnt over time and experience.

Incidentally, these two are the actual edge that we look out for every trading day.

I will give a practical example, EURGBP {H1}, the favourite of one of our bosses, in the trade call below.

EURGBP {H1}
SELL: 0.8628
SL: 0.8636
TP: 0.8557

If and when it works or does not, then, will I start the series...By the way, I am the youngest learner here....contributions, interactions are welcome, let the debate begin, no vawulence, please... grin

Do have a pipful week.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by Eagba(m): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
kozmicity:

@Eagba
If you're having a 1:1 RR ratio, you strategy simply has to have a win rate of higher than 50%. Generally, if the markets go in your favor then reverse to hit your SL, it means you need to revisit your strategy.

Get to know the why. It might be that your TP is too distant or you're getting in too early. Try to work on your entry and see how much you can tweak your strategy until you get more than a 1:1
Deep. thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by Eagba(m): 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
teemy:

You could have found a winning strategy... in reverse.
teem ; reverse strategy, do you trade it? that might be ballistic for me
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by Eagba(m): 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
Piptocoin:

this is common to all traders. In my experience, the best thing to do is to bring your stoploss to BE+1 to cover the cost of entry after the market has moved, say, 15 pips or 20 pips in your favour. You cannot control the outcome of the trade. The best you can do is manage your equity as best as you can so you don't lose at both sides — stoploss is taken out and market went ahead to hit your initial take profit level.

Another thing that can be done in addition to the above is to take partials after a determined number of pips to lock-in profits and bring the stoploss to breakeven. If the market decides to go further in your direction...all well. If it decides to reverse, and it hits the stoploss...at least you did not lose.

There is something else though. If you use 1:1 Risk/Reward ratio then you should win 60% of your trades to be profitable. At 50% win rate you will only break even. At 1:2 Risk/Reward ratio you only need to win 4 trades out of 10 (40%) to be profitable. What I am trying to say is that 1:1 RR is not an advisable risk parameter to use when trading.

As long as you have taken partials and brought your stoploss to breakeven there is every tendency you will hit home runs after some disappointing starts.
senior greenback, thanks, I think your point two is liit. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by PraiseGod4u(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
infofirst
Gabsonfx
Donvic4u
Currentprice
@All

From your expert Pov
Do you think propfirms would fold up anytime soon?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by Piptocoin: 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
Eagba:

senior greenback, thanks, I think your point two is liit. thanks.

boss, abeg o...that title carry weight. I nor get power..lol. you're welcome, anyway.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by VlamesIffect(f): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
Another trading week.....

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by VlamesIffect(f): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2022
I no dey enter any trade till July sha..mke this month candle close.,make dust rests...but next month bloody...see red folders chai...
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by VlamesIffect(f): 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
XAUTrader4L2:

It's annoying but what can we do. I guess it's the cost of trading gold right now.

My boss wetin man go do...make we dey fold hand dey look am grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by charly20(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
zonall:

....glad at your progress + growth in trading and in providing knowledge + support to other traders in this forum this past year...keep it burning boss.

...as it is our tradition, I am nominating you in advance, for the launch of FTA23, you have met and continue to exceed the criteria for it.

...cheers to many more insights from you and may the blue pips continually be with you.

Thank you,chief.

@the bolded,I'm sure we still have more time to seek a more qualified individual. smiley

Still, I'm honored.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by Piptocoin: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2022
PraiseGod4u:
infofirst
Gabsonfx
Donvic4u
Currentprice
@All

From your expert Pov
Do you think propfirms would fold up anytime soon?

am no expert like the bosses up there but the dynamic future has always been constant in one aspect....nothing is immune from collapse.

However, with the way prop firms are springing up by the day it is safe to assume they won't be folding up any time soon. FTMO has been around since 2015. I can safely assume that in the next 5 to 10 years they will still be around. People are flocking to prop firms in their thousands and the number increases everyday. As long as this state of affair continues then we are looking at a long term duration of operation.

However, their sudden appearance in the forex trading world also carries the rational skepticism of their continued operation into the future. This is healthy skepticism. Just milk what you can from them now they are available as legit prop firms are the best way to make profits from the markets.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 by VlamesIffect(f): 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
charly20:

Thank you,chief.

@the bolded,I'm sure we still have more time to seek a more qualified individual. smiley

Still, I'm honored.

Charly 20 for president...candidate from FTA Party grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (521)

MSME Survival Fund Registration: How To Apply As Portal Opens / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. / Youwin Business Competition 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.