Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? (470 Views)

We Will Give Attention To Development Of Satellite Towns – FCT Minister, Wike / Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development / Kano And Kaduna Can't Stand The East When It Comes To Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by conductor890: 1:28am On Jan 01, 2022
We keep hearing that Nigeria will soon be better. What exactly is Nigeria's plan to achieve greatness?

Is it by spending 20 years to one single road which becomes dilapidated even before the project is finished? Onitsha-Enugu Expressway has been on work since 1970s if I'm not mistaken. It is not nearing completion yet rain has washed away portions of it. Ibadan-Lagos Expressway has been on work for like 10 years now.

What is the roadmap to make Nigeria a great country? Boko Haram has become the norm. Bandits have joined. The money spent on Boko Haram will be able to build many factories.

Oil is about to be phased out yet the tenure of the man who said hell build 4 new refineries every year is about to elapse without building or repairing one single refinary.

Everyday more breadwinners give up and join internet fraud, kidnapping or armed robbery gangs. Their children will grow up to succeed their father, meaning a whole lineage has been condemned to life of crime.

Everything is getting from bad to worse. All the police Mopol are now assigned to everybody with $20,000/10m naira net worth. There's hardly policemen left at the station. Over 60% of them are guarding celebrities, politicans and other people according to PSC.

SINCE man Nigerians (excluding Igbos) want Nigeria to continue existing and are probably hopeful that Nigeria will soon become a better country, so what is the roadmap to Nigeria's greatness?

For me as an Igbo man, I have long given up on Nigeria since when I was a kid after finding out how abnormal and skewed this country is. I don't believe in Nigeria being better. I want to try out working things out on a smaller, micromanaged, keenly-monitored platform not this giant fraud center people come and do what they like without consequences and go.

For those who still believe in Nigeria, tell me Nigeria's roadmap to greatness?
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by adefitim(m): 1:43am On Jan 01, 2022
Hmmm on God
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 01, 2022
Unfortunately with the way things are going I don't think Nigeria is gonna leave it's spot anytime soon...
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by ahuja12: 6:44am On Jan 01, 2022
Touting and fraud!

Go to bourdillon and see for yourself if its a lie!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by Jack005(m): 6:50am On Jan 01, 2022
Nigeria may never develop collectively.. It's all man for himself.. Everyone will have to try and develop his/her self... The country is survival of the fittest...

1 Like

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by sinkhole: 7:40am On Jan 01, 2022
Development is very far from Nigeria, at the present moment!
Anybody wishing to develop Nigeria will be brought down by Nigerians themselves.

1 Like

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by conductor890: 8:19am On Jan 01, 2022
sinkhole:
Development is very far from Nigeria, at the present moment!
Anybody wishing to develop Nigeria will be brought down by Nigerians themselves.
So why are they fighting to protect something that is harmful even to themselves?
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by IGBOSON1: 9:16am On Jan 01, 2022
Borrow like hell!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by sinkhole: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2022
conductor890:

So why are they fighting to protect something that is harmful even to themselves?
You see, the whole thing is complicated.
First of all, a nation will only develop when the leader and the citizens take that nation as their personal enterprise, hence everybody needs to develop the nation rather than self.
Following from the above, reverse is the case in Nigeria, nobody wants to develop the nation but self. We, Nigerians have been so conditioned to be pathetically selfish: you just try and ask somebody to do something for you, the function that the person is being paid for o, the first question you will get will be "what is in it for me?"!
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by SirBlack999(m): 9:28am On Jan 01, 2022
Cattle colony.

Yorubaland will be designated as a place where bulls impregnates cows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by ambale(m): 9:53am On Jan 01, 2022
First and foremost we need a unifying leader if we are actually going to move forward

The division is unprecedented and there's no way we get the Nigeria we want that way

Secondly, full industrialization is a key to achieving most of our goals, we must be deliberate about achieving success

Diversification from a mono economy will also go a long way

Prioritizing people's welfare, education, and so on

Infact we still have a long way to go.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 01, 2022
Oil is our roadmap
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ibo
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by conductor890: 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Ibo
This one will wake up every morning and will be thinking of "ibo" - whatever that means.

Thats why your life is as it is.

70 years old man cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
conductor890:

Is it by spending 20 years to one single road which becomes dilapidated even before the project is finished? Onitsha-Enugu Expressway has been on work since 1970s if I'm not mistaken. It is not nearing completion yet rain has washed away portions of it. Ibadan-Lagos Expressway has been on work for like 10 years now.

Nigeria was stagnant between 1999-2015, with no tangible infrastructure person fit point at say Federal Government start and finish.

I don't know about Onitsha-Enugu, but Lagos-Ibadan is not up to 10 years. GEJ drove a tractor on that road and told us he was about to start the construction but he did nothing.

But I don't feel comfortable with how long is taking the GMB government to build the road, but we have been told they will complete it this year.

I think Saraki lead senate do slash the budget for the project sef, so is one of the things that delayed the project m

PDP didn't construct any of the Federal road between 1999-2015

Imagine if the PDP truly constructed the Lagos-ibadan and Oshodi Apapa expressway. Lagos badagry too nko? Lagos-shagamu nko?

I LOL the day an Okoro told me GEJ rehabilitated the Lagos-shagamu expressway grin

PDP government no do anything on the road, nah just the APC dey construct the road now

Well

All what I am trying to say is that the PDP is part of why we are where we are today.

1 Like

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by conductor890: 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
[s]
DubaiLandLord:
Nigeria was stagnant between 1999-2015, with no tangible infrastructure person fit point at say Federal Government start and finish.

I don't know about Onitsha-Enugu, but Lagos-Ibadan is not up to 10 years. GEJ drove a tractor on that road and told us he was about to start the construction but he did nothing.

But I don't feel comfortable with how long is taking the GMB government to build the road, but we have been told they will complete it this year.

I think Saraki lead senate do slash the budget for the project sef, so is one of the things that delayed the project m

PDP didn't construct any of the Federal road between 1999-2015

Imagine if the PDP truly constructed the Lagos-ibadan and Oshodi Apapa expressway. Lagos badagry too nko? Lagos-shagamu nko?

I LOL the day an Okoro told me GEJ rehabilitated the Lagos-shagamu expressway

PDP government no do anything on the road, nah just the APC dey construct the road now

Well

All what I am trying to say is that the PDP is part of why we are where we are today.
[/s]
Political man. America and the rest of the world don't know who is GEJ or APC or PDP.

To the world, Nigeria is one shithole the earth can do without. What are your plans to reverse this course of chaos and failure Nigeria is travelling on? Since you said those who want to leave the country are "terrorists"?

This is what I want to hear not usual your anti-Igbo hatred-induced tribalism.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2022
conductor890:
[s][/s]
Political man. America and the rest of the world don't know who is GEJ or APC or PDP.

To the world, Nigeria is one shithole the earth can do without. What are your plans to reverse this course of chaos and failure Nigeria is travelling on? Since you said those who want to leave the country are "terrorists"?

This is what I want to hear not usual your anti-Igbo hatred-induced tribalism.
To you and your Terrorist Leader, it's a shithole

If your geopolitical region is falling into chaos, that's una problem.

1 Like

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by conductor890: 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
To you and your Terrorist Leader, it's a shithole

If your geopolitical region is falling into chaos, that's una problem.
Still beating about the bush with your low IQ cheesy

1 Share

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by kenny714433(m): 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
Every serious project must have a roadmap. It's from the roadmap that we can think of what to do to achieve the set result.

It's so sad that Nigeria doesn't have any roadmap. We just wake up and try one thing today, fail, then go to try another thing.

The circle continues that way.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
conductor890:

Who cares about what Trump and IPOB members like you say

Una fit go and die with what una think

Nigeria is one of the Best Country In The World

1 Like

Re: What Is Nigeria's Roadmap To Development To Become 1st World Country? by cocoduck: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2022
conductor890:

baba you get time to argue with idiots

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

My Agander For Benue State / BREAKING: Court Sacks Umahi, Deputy Over Defection To APC / [breaking] Apc Crisis: I Have Not Resigned As Apc Secretary, If Buhari Asks Me T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.