Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan (3208 Views)

Tinubu Will Address The Challenges, Keep Faith With Your Country - Bwala / Governor Kashim Shettima Cries As Kaka Shehu Lawan Steps Down For Zulum / APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by TheRareGem1(f): 8:27am On Jan 01, 2022
The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan has urged Nigerians to keep faith in Nigeria in spite of many challenges.

The president of the Senate in a new year message died the hard time faced in 2021was not peculiar to Nigeria alone.

Lawan in a new year message personally signed by him, congratulated fellow Nigerians everywhere as we cross over from 2021 into a happy and prosperous 2022.

“The Year 2021 was challenging for people all over the world. It is praiseworthy that beyond the challenges, we can see the rays of a bright future from the new year”.

“As your elected representatives, our new year pledge is to continue to pursue our common desire of a just, peaceful and prosperous country. We promise to continue to discharge this responsibility without fear or malice, confident that by working in harmony, Nigerians will build the great country that is their abiding dream and manifest destiny”.

Without a doubt, insecurity is today one of our biggest challenges. However, I can attest that the government is resolutely addressing these challenges.

As a critical contribution to that effort, the National Assembly has appropriated more funds in the 2022 budget to enhance the operational capabilities of our security agencies.

My message to fellow Nigerians is that we should not lose faith in our country and its democratic institutions. The current challenges will be overcome and become mere footnotes in our glorious national history.

The ninth National Assembly is focused and will never be distracted from the implementation of its Legislative Agenda as we had spelt out following our inauguration in 2019.

Within the context of that Agenda, we have passed many critical bills and have many more to roll out in the new year.

At the beginning of 2021, we made specific promises to the Nigerian people with respect to our legislative focus. We are proud that we have kept those promises.

For instance, breaking the jinx of the Petroleum Industry Bill(PIB), which had defied passage for about two decades, was high on our agenda in 2021. With the cooperation of the Executive and the support of the key stakeholders, we were able to break the jinx. We passed the bill and got it signed into law in 2021.

This piece of legislation will significantly impact the Nigerian economy and propel a significant turn around in our oil and gas sector.

It was with the same spirit of patriotism that we handled the Electoral Act amendment bill. We believe that sustainable democratic governance requires a transparent and credible electoral process.

Following the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to withhold assent to the bill, we shall make further consultations on the issues he stated for that decision, on our resumption of plenary in January.

We shall find a way forward on this critical legislation in the new year. We are determined to deliver an Electoral Act that stands the test of time in safeguarding democracy and the electoral process in Nigeria.

We are also looking forward to receiving the report of our Committee on the Review of the 1999 Constitution upon our resumption from recess. We believe that the outcome of this very important exercise will promote unity, stability and peaceful coexistence in our country.

The Electoral Act amendment bill and review of the 1999 constitution will be topmost on our agenda as we reconvene for Legislative business in the new year.

President Muhammadu Buhari Friday at State House Abuja urged the MTN Group to make the available top-of-the-range service to its Nigerian subscribers…  Let’s keep faith in Nigeria  Let’s keep faith in Nigeria  Let’s keep faith in Nigeria  Let’s keep faith in Nigeria.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lets-keep-faith-in-nigeria-%e2%80%95-lawan/?

1 Share

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by helinues: 8:29am On Jan 01, 2022
As a Nationalist, we have no choice than to keep faith.

Things could be more better if we come together and talk about the problems and find solutions to them not by blaming, accusing and attacking.

Better days ahead

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by socialmediaman: 8:40am On Jan 01, 2022
What he meant to say in summary was “wait for your turn”

15 Likes

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Amotolongbo(f): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2022
We should keep faith in Nigeria, while Lawal keeps faith in Nigerian treasury!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by 2cato: 8:58am On Jan 01, 2022
We should keep faith in Nigeria with empty stomach while he and his cronies are busy doing what they know best
No

9 Likes

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Temisia(f): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2022
cool
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by VOsimhen144(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2022
This is my year of transformation.

I'm a dark guy, and this 2022 I want to change my skin color.

I want my skin to be whiter than snow.
I want my skin to be brighter than my future.
I want my skin to be as bright as afternoon sun in the North.

Please recommend a good and cheap bleaching cream for me.

My budget is 200 naira. Pls Help!!!!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by yisomon: 11:07am On Jan 01, 2022
Man man
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2022
helinues:

Things could be more better if we come together and talk about the problems and find solutions to them not by blaming, accusing and attacking.

Better days ahead
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by potbelly(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2022
Rubber stamp...

1 Like

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by beautyfunke(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2022
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by ZombieTERROR: 11:11am On Jan 01, 2022
keep faith while you and your lots loot the country blind...

the teenage wife that you took recently
how much did you give her plus houses...

only fools take this politicians seriously
The worst Senate president since the history of mankind.. bloody rubber stamp senator

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by thisisit: 11:11am On Jan 01, 2022
END TIME SENATE PRESIDENT
RUBBER STAMP SENATE
PROMOTERS OF POOR GOVERNANCE

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by KillAlabi2021(m): 11:12am On Jan 01, 2022
helinues:

Better days ahead

Cowhari is a terrorist

Death to all Tinubu street urchings

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Coolx: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2022
Y u no go talk so when you suck 9ja finish

1 Like

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Brendaniel: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2022
Wicked Human Beings...
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Beress(m): 11:15am On Jan 01, 2022
Rubber stamp Senate President
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by bright007(f): 11:16am On Jan 01, 2022
Coming from the rubber stamp Senate president
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Rayjnr: 11:18am On Jan 01, 2022
Thief

1 Like

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Irupetepete: 11:19am On Jan 01, 2022
This over bloated Ballon Sha

6 Likes

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Irupetepete: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2022
helinues:

Better days ahead
it's almost 7 years already, keep faith till when?
Abi no be una say una go perform wonders again if given the chance?

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Psychokinetic: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2022
TheRareGem1:

Start with a show of good faith... Sell all your properties abroad and bring all your kids down to Nigeria. Idiot!

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Brushstrokes20: 11:24am On Jan 01, 2022
The self serving, overfed toad should shut the Bleep up undecided
Nig urgently needs to be rescued from the diabolic claws of these self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Alwaysachick: 11:25am On Jan 01, 2022
With their pockets fat
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by israelmao(m): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2022
Puppet Senate President

1 Like

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by ahuja12: 11:29am On Jan 01, 2022
Buffon!

Rubber stamp!

No backbone!

No balls!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by BJanta: 11:31am On Jan 01, 2022
TheRareGem1:

You can say that, because I pays to say so.
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by slimfit1(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2022
After 2023 you didn't go to jail for negligence we should automatically separate this country it won't work. This man collided with Buhari to destroy our future and the unity of this country. They watch as he is using DSS, soldiers and police to harass and kill people. With their huge salaries, he couldn't perform checks and balances, he could not stop or at least tell the government to come and explain what happened at the tollgate. Buhari has performed badly should have been impeached yet he failed to impeach him. What did Obasanjo do when he was impeached in 2001? He was in the same party that tried to impeach him.
The fact is this country is more than any party. The Senate has fail to perform their duties and functions. We must not take it anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by alloy123: 11:34am On Jan 01, 2022
useless faith in nigeria govt
Re: Let’s Keep Faith In Nigeria ― Lawan by Aether(m): 11:38am On Jan 01, 2022
When these people say the situation is not peculiar to nigeria, do they mean that because others are suffering we should suffer as well?

How is it our business if other nations are suffering. Do we live there? Did we elect their leaders?

This is just the height of insensitivity. if they want to compare nigeria with other nations, they should also compare the standard of living in Nigeria with those nations, as well as the resources abundant in those nations relative to ours.

Happy New Year.
Really hope people are able to achieve their dreams despite the lack of concern by the people who rule us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Traveled Tribe In Nigeria. Hausa And Igbo / Peter Obi's Billboard at Taraba Wasn't Pulled Down, Its Fake. See It Here. / Labour Party Floors APC & PDP In Bauchi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.