Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution (42090 Views)

I'm On A Mission To Break My Addiction To Pepsi. / Breaking Bad Eye Habits: 11 Bad Eye Habits You Need To Break Now / How Long Does It Take Hepatitis A & B And HIV Symptoms To Show? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
Hmm
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Mvena(f): 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
Na you Bleep up oo
Resolution ko conflict ni
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by fasho01(m): 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
364 more days to get it right so don't be too hard on yourself

4 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Abfinest007(m): 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
How much
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Deliveryman44: 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
Person still dey do resolution
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by MartinsD12(m): 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
AsapTeddy:

Be like say this one never see newyear rice chop
Buy am new year rice na
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by kapelvej: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
jaytii:
So after reading through NovesaTillie's thread https://www.nairaland.com/6909608/celebrating-one-year-abstinence-sugary#108790773
Two weeks ago, I decided to go on the same journey starting this year.

For this reason, I consumed more than my usual weekly dose of Coca-Cola and Pepsi (maximum of 4) no thanks to the festive season free drinks here and there.

Unfortunately, thirty five minutes (01/01/2022 12:35am) into the new year after screaming happy new year and saying hello to few friends and family over the phone, I was already downing a very cold bottle of Pepsi to cool my head before I realized I just broke my major resolution for this year.

Mr Dj please play Timaya "I can't kill myself"

Lalatiscl.ala, myn.d44 and the rest of the Nairaland family Happy New Year. I hope I am not the only one in this situation.
it doesn't matter. First failure in life is failure to try again. You can compensate by picking a day and skipping lunch or dinner as a self punishment. In giving up habits, we must not be hard on ourselves else we fail.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Mrsoft3(m): 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
jaytii:
So after reading through NovesaTillie's thread https://www.nairaland.com/6909608/celebrating-one-year-abstinence-sugary#108790773

For this reason, I consumed more than my usual weekly dose of Coca-Cola and Pepsi (maximum of 4) no thanks to the festive season free drinks here and there.

Unfortunately, thirty five minutes (01/01/2022 12:35am) into the new year after screaming happy new year and saying hello to few friends and family over the phone, I was already downing a very cold bottle of Pepsi to cool my head before I realized I just broke my major resolution for this year.

Lalatiscl.ala, myn.d44 and the rest of the Nairaland family Happy New Year. I hope I am not the only one in this situation.

Ok let me be very honest with you, now that you have the chance to do it by yourself you think you have broken it,ok it's a mistake start again, see for how many days you can stay off,if you fail ,start again. Keep starting until you stop completely.ypu only fail when you have started something. Failure is not attached to someone who hasn't started anything.

Get someone you will be accountable to.it will help you better

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Bigchristo: 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
jaytii:

Try again next year

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Guyman02: 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
jaytii:

I hope I am not the only one in this situation.

You can do it if you put your mind to, the challenge is failing like you just did and getting up to continue this race you have set for yourself. Just do it and you will inspire a lot of people here
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Olam09(m): 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2022
jaytii:

grin
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by aspabay(m): 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ololanla:
Buhari is a complete disaster.

Even the street boy portable is balling, stay there and be shouting Buhari, better get serious with your life.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by poiZon: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
jaytii:

If everybody stops taking these carbonated drinks,how staffs of this company go take get salary?
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2022
jaytii:

My dear you need me around you to reset all those stuff, I promise you that
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by crazygod(m): 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2022
Do people still do 'new year resolution' in this time and age?
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by seyz91(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
cheesy
AsapTeddy:

Be like say this one never see newyear rice chop
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by suffering: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
Old news. At eight years old I knew new year resolutions were heavy wastes of time. If I want to achieve something I slowly build up to it not force it upon myself.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by shakyum: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
Omniman:
cool

I was once addicted to apple cider...
I was once addicted to shortcake biscuit...

The prices went high and my addiction was cured instantly. grin

I d battle that shortcake. Always in my pocket
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Diplomat4860(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ololanla:
Buhari is a complete disaster.
. Abeg, wetin concern Buhari 4 inside dis matter now.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Berryli: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2022
You can do it. I used to think my life depended on lacasera, how I got cured of the addiction I don't even know. Now I never buy soft drink unless offered for free and even at that I never pick lacasera. I don't even crave it anymore. Now the battle is with chocolate. Anything chocolate is me. In fact if water had chocolate flavor I would opt for it. But I'm slowing cutting my intake sha. E no easy but possible

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by SmartyPants(m): 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2022
jaytii:

but you are actually killing yourself

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by AsapTeddy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Forget the obvious disconnection.Truth is truth.

Oga relax ...

Happy 2022
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Jamieb(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I also find it hard. although mine is energy drink. Fearless, Power horse, red bull, Monster, Climax are drinks I'm finding hard to stop. my situation gets more complicated being a teetotaler. You go out with guys and before you know it you've downed 3 cans of monster and since I'm not paying for it most times I take them not to be too odd as my not taking alcohol already makes me odd enough. It's also funny how the average Nigerian calls you a pastor once he/she knows you're a teetotaler

If I do determine not to take sugary drinks then all I have to do is avoid the present companies I keep and the benefits I get from these companies far outweigh - I hope - the health challenges I'm bound to face in the future

I know what that feels like bro. I can't even place where Nigerians get the inclination that as a guy you must take alcohol. If you don't , next thing they start calling you pastor. Just ensure you exercise regularly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by dingbang(m): 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
I'll be needing a weekly supply of unsweetened zobo drink from a vendor in lagos. Location at iganmu side..thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
No matter what may, I will never masturbate henceforth in my life and I will never ever smoke Colorado again. I'm fighting the battle of smoking Colorado now.

Very expensive drug and it doesn't last up to 1 hour in my body before I need to buy another one. God abeg oh.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Heterodox(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
Don't drink.

So.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Princewell2012(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
SmellySperm:
I'm about to break mine too. I can't kill myself

Though I have not taken anyone today I was thinking taking that decision now, but what I will do is this, I will limit it to once a week. How ever if one can keep to it, It is a healthy lifestyle. Do you believe there is a expired minerals they are selling in the market now, they sold a bottle for 50.naira this people selling minerals rush it
Only God will help us in this country.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Sheunma: 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I also find it hard. although mine is energy drink. Fearless, Power horse, red bull, Monster, Climax are drinks I'm finding hard to stop. my situation gets more complicated being a teetotaler. You go out with guys and before you know it you've downed 3 cans of monster and since I'm not paying for it most times I take them not to be too odd as my not taking alcohol already makes me odd enough. It's also funny how the average Nigerian calls you a pastor once he/she knows you're a teetotaler

If I do determine not to take sugary drinks then all I have to do is avoid the present companies I keep and the benefits I get from these companies far outweigh - I hope - the health challenges I'm bound to face in the future
Pray to god to help you.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by SKINDOGGY: 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
Na mumu dy do resolution
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by ezechi24(m): 3:37pm On Jan 01, 2022
a young girl like you should know better that drinking too much soda or carbonated drink can affect your fertility ....or you think its only men it affects....4 bottles of peppsi in one week im sure your tummy will look like that of a tired man with pot belly....instead of you to look for a way to stop the nonesense you are doing you say mk dj play i cant kill myself ....you dont actually know you are killing yourself gradually....appart from the fertility those sugar accumulate and cause diabeties at old age.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Gives Birth On The Road While Going To Cast Her Vote In Port-Harcourt. Pics / Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil / Nigerian Man Cleans A Gutter That Has Been Uncleaned For 7 Years In 4 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.