Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution (42087 Views)

I'm On A Mission To Break My Addiction To Pepsi. / Breaking Bad Eye Habits: 11 Bad Eye Habits You Need To Break Now / How Long Does It Take Hepatitis A & B And HIV Symptoms To Show? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2022
There is nothing that is difficult for me to give up aside falling for a naturally beautiful and brilliant girl

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by ImoleNaija: 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2022
Princewell2012:

God bless you. Even cold water is not also healthy especially all this pure water. If you can afford plastic water the better.

Kuku kill us nah.
Person wey diabetes no kill, na another thing go kill am.
Na one thing go kill person, abeg.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by mrkings84(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
Staphylococcus dey wait for u for front, just continue!!!
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by planetx: 4:49pm On Jan 01, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I also find it hard. although mine is energy drink. Fearless, Power horse, red bull, Monster, Climax are drinks I'm finding hard to stop. my situation gets more complicated being a teetotaller. You go out with guys and before you know it you've downed 3 cans of monster and since I'm not paying for it most times I take them not to be too odd as my not taking alcohol already makes me odd enough. It's also funny how the average Nigerian calls you a pastor once he/she knows you're a teetotaller

If I do determine not to take sugary drinks then all I have to do is avoid the present companies I keep and the benefits I get from these companies far outweigh - I hope - the health challenges I'm bound to face in the future
Those energy drinks are bad for your health and people should avoid them.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by engrelvis(m): 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2022
NovesaTillie:

Sorry about that sis.
It's still possible to go with your new resolution..
One bottle of Pepsi won't stop you..
I'm rooting for you..
I used to experience a very bad waist pain and when I urinate, ants will feast on it. Ever since I stopped taking it, I feel like a new baby.
So I'm behind you.
Ant ke? Please check yr sugar level.U might b diabetic
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by ekukeku(m): 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
If u know dat today na Saturday & it's just a normal day like yesterday, u won't stress urself about resolution...
M broke it overnight even high to church after promising myself of not taking alcohol just today ni o �
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by samorobo: 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2022
Omniman:
cool

I was once addicted to apple cider...
I was once addicted to shortcake biscuit...

The prices went high and my addiction was cured instantly. grin

grin grin grin
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Bimpe29: 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
Ololanla:
Buhari is a complete disaster.
Like seriously? grin
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
New year resolutions are stupid. I never understood why people think the turn of a new calendar year will give them the will power to do something they otherwise couldn’t.

If you don’t have the discipline to do something then a new year won’t change that. Because once the excitement of “new year” completely dies down (usually by late January) then out goes year resolution.

If you want to do something then just do it and stop waiting for new year. If soft drinks are what will kill you do you think it will wait for new year to do it?
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by paduzman: 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
E dey happen, a lot of new year resolutions have already been broken.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Htt0: 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
Really
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by hopefulLandlord: 5:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
LIVINGICON:

Your association is no excuse to indulge in unhealthy stuffs. Almost all my acquaintances and guyz indulge in alcohol drinking. But i don't drink. When we hangout, i just take my water. They can only tease you and when u don't bulge, they will leave you. It takes discipline and strongwill. Just as you, i benefits from them, if not i for don cut them off long time ago.
Thanks. I'd most likely take your advice
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Gkshy2011(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
Baba Bubu said he is not going to uk this year ooo cheesy cheesy
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by nextstep(m): 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
I didn't make any resolutions at all. I'm still the same person I was 1 day ago...

I was busy choppin suya, drinking hero, and eyeing one or two ogberagas ... everything in moderation my guy, happy new year!
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by folks4luv(f): 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
Yours is slightly worse o, please, stop it. Energy drinks are bad for the heart especially, worse cause you taking em in excess. Stop it before it stops you.

hopefulLandlord:
I also find it hard. although mine is energy drink. Fearless, Power horse, red bull, Monster, Climax are drinks I'm finding hard to stop. my situation gets more complicated being a teetotaller. You go out with guys and before you know it you've downed 3 cans of monster and since I'm not paying for it most times I take them not to be too odd as my not taking alcohol already makes me odd enough. It's also funny how the average Nigerian calls you a pastor once he/she knows you're a teetotaller

If I do determine not to take sugary drinks then all I have to do is avoid the present companies I keep and the benefits I get from these companies far outweigh - I hope - the health challenges I'm bound to face in the future
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:00pm On Jan 01, 2022
Don't kill yourself bro! 365-1 =364
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Badonasty(m): 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2022
No time
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by GetMeRight: 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
suffering:
Old news. At eight years old I knew new year resolutions were heavy wastes of time. If I want to achieve something I slowly build up to it not force it upon myself.

So much sense in your short comment. You don't cut off addiction just like that, it's a joke. You slowly and steadily cut off addiction, one step at a time until you are finally done with it.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Jcael(m): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
Omniman:
cool

I was once addicted to apple cider...
I was once addicted to shortcake biscuit...

The prices went high and my addiction was cured instantly. grin

lol
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by LeoFish92(m): 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jamieb:

I know what that feels like bro. I can't even place where Nigerians get the inclination that as a guy you must take alcohol. If you don't , next thing they start calling you pastor. Just ensure you exercise regularly.

I'm out now with my guys. We've hung out a thousand times. They already know I don't drink alcohol. Yet, e no prevent them from yabbing me. Not as if I care. I'm 29. I've outgrown peer pressure.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by lesson44: 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
People have no idea how addictive those sugary carbonate drinks could be. They are all high in carbs which very addictive like drugs.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2022
Don't beat yourself up ��
If you have PayPal to sell I buy at 450 per $1
jaytii:
So after reading through NovesaTillie's thread https://www.nairaland.com/6909608/celebrating-one-year-abstinence-sugary#108790773
Two weeks ago, I decided to go on the same journey starting this year.

For this reason, I consumed more than my usual weekly dose of Coca-Cola and Pepsi (maximum of 4) no thanks to the festive season free drinks here and there.

Unfortunately, thirty five minutes (01/01/2022 12:35am) into the new year after screaming happy new year and saying hello to few friends and family over the phone, I was already downing a very cold bottle of Pepsi to cool my head before I realized I just broke my major resolution for this year.

Mr Dj please play Timaya "I can't kill myself"

Lalatiscl.ala, myn.d44 and the rest of the Nairaland family Happy New Year. I hope I am not the only one in this situation.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
Bleep Colorado and loud new year resolution angry
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by WhizdomXX(m): 9:08pm On Jan 01, 2022
AsapTeddy:

Oga relax ...

Happy 2022
Same to you. Have a happy day.
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by Danniedpastor(m): 11:03pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lisa001:
So down emotionally

Lord help me
Hello Lisa, why are you down?
Can you share with us?
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by eagleonearth(m): 3:17am On Jan 02, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

what stupid benefits are you placing side by side with your health?? The dog once said and I quote "those with nyash don't know how to sit" continue taking your present good health for granted not knowing it's an inestimable gift from the Almighty
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by eagleonearth(m): 3:20am On Jan 02, 2022
tegafej:

Wow so it is real?

In take of soft drinks can cause waist pain?
most forms of waist pain is a sign of sugar accumulation. That's what youruba call Jedi jedi
Re: How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution by vibratingpenis: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
NovesaTillie:

Sorry about that sis.
It's still possible to go with your new resolution..
One bottle of Pepsi won't stop you..
I'm rooting for you..
I used to experience a very bad waist pain and when I urinate, ants will feast on it. Ever since I stopped taking it, I feel like a new baby.
So I'm behind you.

How fine girls like una go dey carry infection dey walka about. Nawaooo!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Gives Birth On The Road While Going To Cast Her Vote In Port-Harcourt. Pics / Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil / Nigerian Man Cleans A Gutter That Has Been Uncleaned For 7 Years In 4 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.